After needing to send my Passport in for a repair (re: the issue where the LCD screen started to lift off the casing in the bottom right corner), I'm back on my Passport. And it is in fact a new Passport, since instead of fixing it, they just sent me a new one for some reason.

During my walk about, I used a HTC One M8, Nokia 1020, Samsung S5, and when I couldn't take it anymore, I reverted to a Z10 until the Passport arrived.

Now I'm home! And never more happy; there were just some things that I couldn't accomplish, even on the M8 and S5. It was very interesting.

To celebrate I posted a big bunch of radio shows on my channel. Feel free to tune in!

Yay!

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    12-19-14 12:59 AM
    Welcome back. How long did the whole RMA process take? It was from Shop BlackBerry, I'm assuming?
    12-19-14 01:03 AM
    Also, what could you not do on the other devices? Would be very interested to know.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-19-14 01:36 AM
    @SK

Nope, I'm with the Canadian carrier Telus. I got the phone on launch. Telus sent it in for me.

@SGT

I was on a university's website, trying to upload some pdf transcripts to that website. First, the PDF had some encoding or password protection, and despite having the adobe reader app installed, it wouldn't open the file. No matter, I didn't need to read it, just upload it. However, when I would click to upload, it asked me if I wanted to use Gallery, Drive, or Pictures... face palm. Without a satisfactory file manager on Android, it's a wonder anybody can get anything done!

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    12-19-14 02:10 AM
    Welcome back.
    Great to be back on the Passport, eh?
    12-19-14 09:23 AM
    How would you compare the Passport to the M8 and S5?

Ans how would you compare camera between the Passport and M8?

Thanks!
    12-19-14 09:33 AM
    How would you compare the Passport to the M8 and S5?

Ans how would you compare camera between the Passport and M8?

Thanks!
    These are hard questions because I feel like general comparisons between OS's is like comparing apple's to oranges. They're both fruit, and they're both sweet. But apple's make really good pies, oranges don't. And oranges make really good smoothies (I'm thinkin' orange Julius here) and apple's don't.

So, Android as an OS has many strengths: unmatched flexibility and customizability being the most important. But that comes at the cost of integration, fluidity, and ease of use. If you're the kind that doesn't mind downloading a million things to get it to function the way you need it to, and you enjoy tinkering, then Android is for you. If you just want a device that out of the box WORKS and does all the functional things you'd need, then I can't stress how much better BlackBerry is for that. Sure, there are no apps, but you don't have to download apps to get things done. Also, the fluidity of BlackBerry is far superior in terms of multi tasking. Things are integrated much better, simply because Android has to cater to so many different unintegrated apps.

Camera is something that I feel is directly comparable. The M8 produces similar quality pictures to the Passport camera IMO, but has more features and is way way faster. Other than that, very similar. That being said, I'm not a camera buff and likely missed some subtleties there that differentiate the two (like over saturation issues, or warmer vs cooler colours or whatever).

anon(2313227) likes this.
    12-19-14 02:19 PM
    Now take good care of that Passport otherwise we'll hang you next time if you're gonna break something

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 02:24 PM