BlackBerry has put together an innovative keyboard for BB10 and are taking it to the next level with this capacitive touch hardware keyboard on the Passport, which I love (especially swype back to delete). But does anyone else think it would be pretty sweet for those one handed times if they could integrate a "Swype" like keyboard option on the Passport hardware. Obviously this is only a fans thoughts; not sure it is even doable... just wanted to share the idea and see what others thought.
    07-20-14 09:56 AM
    Interesting idea, though I doubt your thumb can travel across the entire width of the keyboard if holding the device one handed.

Posted via CB10
    CeCoQ likes this.
    07-20-14 10:00 AM
    Also not sure if it would conflict with the "touchpad keyboard" feature...
    07-20-14 10:04 AM
    Interesting idea, though I doubt your thumb can travel across the entire width of the keyboard if holding the device one handed.

Posted via CB10
    THIS.

Take any thoughts if using this device one handed right out if your head. It's not going to happen. I mean not ever. If you were holding this phone in your right hand, you couldn't even answer it because you can't reach far enough to swipe to the left.. this phone will require two hands at all times. If you can't accept that it's not the phone for you. (or me).

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 10:04 AM
    Just_luc, in case you haven't seen the pictures, the swiping sideways to answer on the passport doesn't reach the edge of the screen. It's very doable with one hand.

Also I'm pretty sure you will be able to text one handed if using the predictive typing.

Swype is not a good keyboard, with the physical keyboard you don't need that anyway since you know which key you are hitting without even looking down
    07-20-14 10:08 AM
    THIS.

Take any thoughts if using this device one handed right out if your head. It's not going to happen. I mean not ever. If you were holding this phone in your right hand, you couldn't even answer it because you can't reach far enough to swipe to the left.. this phone will require two hands at all times. If you can't accept that it's not the phone for you. (or me).

Posted via CB10
    You sound like a really small handed individual.
    07-20-14 10:29 PM
    BlackBerry already uses the Swype engine for prediction, but having it ad their implementation, will not make it productive at all nor different from the competition..

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:25 AM
    BlackBerry already uses the Swype engine for prediction, but having it ad their implementation, will not make it productive at all nor different from the competition..

Posted via CB10
    Swiftkey, you mean.
    07-21-14 05:34 AM