Actually I would buy it.

Ps. BB10 is my OS of choice.
    07-05-15 06:32 AM
    I'm sure, time will come that user can pickup any devices (hardware) he/she wants and loaded it with any OS he/she desired...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 06:52 AM
    iOS passport
    - can't connect to computer without itunes
    - makes file transfer to other OSes a nightmare
    - no proper photos app, enjoy your 'moments'
    - that buggy UI
    - absence of file manager
    - no proper integration in between apps

sorry. nope.
    iOS and iPhones are just hyped up. That's it.
    07-05-15 07:15 AM
    iOS is good for entertainment. Not for business purpose.

Posted via CB10
    extisis, dejanh and saxxman like this.
    07-05-15 07:20 AM
    Ios is a phone for dummies.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, anon(4275744), acovey and 2 others like this.
    07-05-15 08:01 AM
    I'm sure, time will come that user can pickup any devices (hardware) he/she wants and loaded it with any OS he/she desired...

Posted via CB10
    It's happening now. Try googling about Chinese dual OS tablets ie Teclast x98 Air 64 gig, Cube i6 and Chuwi to mention a few...

Teclast x98 Air II that comes with Android pre-installed but is capable of double booying windows and android just like the X98 Air 64... this is possible by flashing Android and windows side by side

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-05-15 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    I admire your maturity.

Posted via C5303
    07-05-15 08:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is what I'm waiting for! It's sort of like that device they had on kick starter a few years ago. Switch out processors and load an OS of your choice.

Typed and swiped from my Passport.
    07-05-15 09:25 AM
    I can't see how you could expect an OS that never has supported a hardware keyboard to somehow work with the Passport's keyboard. If it worked, it would probably ignore the hardware keyboard which would be lame.
    07-05-15 09:47 AM
    I can't see how you could expect an OS that never has supported a hardware keyboard to somehow work with the Passport's keyboard. If it worked, it would probably ignore the hardware keyboard which would be lame.
    It should handle the keyboard the same way it handles Bluetooth keyboards that people use with their iPads.

Apps may struggle a little with the square screens. That's not something most developers or designers would have tested. Or even thought of.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-05-15 10:23 AM
    but what does iOS even do that BB can't already? I mean aside from having more apps/users to chat with?

If it was the other way around, would you take BB if it had all of iOS's apps / facetime friends? If so, then it isn't really the OS that you want...
    07-05-15 10:27 AM
    People are dreaming if you think that companies that have invested millions and million into OS development... not to mention app ecosystem,,, would not see why any company ie Apple BB or Microsoft would allow their OS to be simply given away or even sold... Seeing as Iphone is the biggest money maker for Apple where is the incentive to see their OS either sold or given away... the combination profit from OS, hardware and apps would be jeopardized... bad business practice...
    07-05-15 10:39 AM
    nope don't like iphone or there os so I would not buy it
    07-05-15 11:26 AM
    It should handle the keyboard the same way it handles Bluetooth keyboards that people use with their iPads.
    Good point, however such mechanisms would require some hacks to make the Passport keyboard work like a bluetooth keyboard. Also, remember that the Passport keyboard lacks a fourth row so some kind of OS adaptation would be required. Apple only lets developers access the keyboard using specific API's since it's a security risk to let apps intercept or modify keyboard inputs. iOS is very locked-down.

Using a Passport as a iPhone "Hackintosh" would probably only work as a novelty. There would be plenty of pitfalls like keyboard functionality, power management, etc. that would make it unusable as a daily driver. Of the hundreds of different smartphone models out there, I don't know of any that run iOS other than Apple devices. If you buy an iPhone knockoff somewhere in Asia, you're usually going to get something that runs Android.
    07-05-15 11:41 AM
    I like iOS, and there is at least one very good app that I'd love to be able to run on my Passport. But as a device I carry with me always, untethered is required. It is important to me that I'm able to download my own created content directly to the device as a standalone computer, as well as the content of others they wish to share with me. That file managing limitation is enough alone besides needing a home button to navigate the OS. iOS has a lot of enticing things going on with apps for the creation of content but you got to break out of the jail to be able to move stuff around.. no SD, no USB otg, no downloading straight to the device, nfc? WiFi direct?..

Posted via CB10
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    07-05-15 12:20 PM
    Now still, let's all build a HackiniOS!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 12:26 PM
    but what does iOS even do that BB can't already? I mean aside from having more apps/users to chat with?

If it was the other way around, would you take BB if it had all of iOS's apps / facetime friends? If so, then it isn't really the OS that you want...
    How about an OS that gets updated to all current devices on all carriers at the same time?
    07-05-15 12:36 PM
    If that were to happen, the entire industry and media would hail the device as life changing and next level technology that will save the earth and bring peace and freedom to mankind.

BlackBerry does it, and it's just an odd square device as far as they are concerned. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 12:46 PM
    Actually I would buy it.

Ps. BB10 is my OS of choice.
    OMG this gave me a chuckle......there will never be an ios BlackBerry device as the os coding is vastly different!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-05-15 12:49 PM
    It's happening now. Try googling about Chinese dual OS tablets ie Teclast x98 Air 64 gig, Cube i6 and Chuwi to mention a few...

Teclast x98 Air II that comes with Android pre-installed but is capable of double booying windows and android just like the X98 Air 64... this is possible by flashing Android and windows side by side

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Or instead of buying some subpar build quality China tablet with god knows what they load on their Android ROM, how about installing Android yourself side by side with windows? Check out the Android-x86 project.

My ThinkPad Yoga runs Windows 8.1 and Android 4.4.4 perfectly, with a custom themed rEFInd bootloader to choose the OS when you turn on the machine.

Only reason why dual boot Android/Windows machines aren't sold here in the US is because the big boys shut the prospect down. Asus had one coming to market a few years ago, but it was stopped.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-05-15 12:56 PM
    Chances are higher that you'll be able to buy the BB10 apps like hub and keyboard on your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 01:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I guess that makes me a member of the Dumb Masses. How does it feel to be a member of the Intelligent Minority?
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    07-05-15 03:25 PM
    I admire your maturity.

Posted via C5303
    And I admire your thick skin :-).

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    07-05-15 03:29 PM
    And I admire your thick skin :-).

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    Why thank you, Slim Shady. ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    07-05-15 05:13 PM
    iOS is good for entertainment. Not for business purpose.

Posted via CB10
    there are businesses still using Blackberry..which one?
    07-05-15 10:22 PM
66 123