i want ask if security wipe remove the old account blackberry id on my passport !!!
    12-02-15 09:44 AM
    A full security wipe should clear everything off the phone including your BlackBerry id. If you have blackberry protect enable, then you need to disable that before you do the security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 09:47 AM
    A full security wipe should clear everything off the phone including your BlackBerry id. If you have blackberry protect enable, then you need to disable that before you do the security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    ok thanks
    12-02-15 10:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't aware of this requirement, unfortunately, and sold my (Classic) on eBay to a guy on the other side of the country. Prior to sending it, I did a full Security Wipe (took several hours), thinking everything was removed, as per the warning when you go to run that process. He got the phone yesterday and is saying that the phone has Security Lock and he can't activate it/add his BBID. The phone is running 10.3.2. Problem also is (I know this is my fault) that I have several BB10 devices and I honestly don't remember the ID I used for this Classic, I've tried all possible email addresses that I would have used on the BB Protect website and there is no account associated with a Classic with any email addresses. I honestly didn't know this requirement, and I feel terrible about this, as I wasn't trying to pull a fast one on this guy. It was an honest error on my part, so with all the above is there ANY way he can make the phone his own without having any of my personal info? This is urgent. Thanks for any help.
    12-17-15 09:04 AM
    Unfortunately I don't think there is, if you don't know the details then even you giving him personal info isn't going to help.

You need to disable protect on it, perhaps if you agree with him to give a refund and he sends it back once you have managed to disable protect perhaps he may wish to buy it back?

Good luck.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    12-17-15 10:37 AM
    Unfortunately I don't think there is, if you don't know the details then even you giving him personal info isn't going to help.

You need to disable protect on it, perhaps if you agree with him to give a refund and he sends it back once you have managed to disable protect perhaps he may wish to buy it back?

Good luck.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    ;( ;( ;(
    12-17-15 10:46 AM
    ;( ;( ;(
    What do you mean there's no Classic in there? Log in to your BlackBerry Protect account, go to manage my devices, and delete the PIN.

It's funny how people think you're automatically trying to pull a fast one. If you were, you'd have sold that phone on craigslist, not on eBay and through PayPal where both companies heavily favor purchasers over sellers.

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    12-17-15 11:50 AM
    Ok I finally found the account on the Protect website and removed the device from the Manage Devices page. The message then states correctly that there are no devices associated with this ID. I told the guy to do a hard reboot of the phone and try again but he says he's getting the same error. Question; is there a way to do another security wipe without logging into the phone? Through Link maybe?
    12-17-15 12:10 PM
    Ok I finally found the account on the Protect website and removed the device from the Manage Devices page. The message then states correctly that there are no devices associated with this ID. I told the guy to do a hard reboot of the phone and try again but he says he's getting the same error. Question; is there a way to do another security wipe without logging into the phone? Through Link maybe?
    It will work. It almost fixes the problem immediately. Tell him to turn off the device and let it chill for a few moments.

12-17-15 12:57 PM
    It will work. It almost fixes the problem immediately. Tell him to turn off the device and let it chill for a few moments.

Nope. He says it still doesn't work. I even called BB Tech support and they also told me what I did was correct.
    12-17-15 01:30 PM
    Nope. He says it still doesn't work. I even called BB Tech support and they also told me what I did was correct.
    Dude's lying. If it asks for a password on his end just tell him to hit cancel or press stuff.

12-17-15 01:40 PM
    Dude's lying. If it asks for a password on his end just tell him to hit cancel or press stuff.

The attached is the screen he gets when trying to set up the phone (I blurred out his email address for obvious reasons), cannot bypass it, according to him.

i want ask if security wipe remove the old account blackberry id on my passport !!!-_12.jpg
    12-17-15 04:28 PM
    Did he turn protect off on the phone? Of course he would need to password to do that too D'oh
    12-17-15 04:31 PM
    Did he turn protect off on the phone? Of course he would need to password to do that too D'oh
    He can't get past the login screen to get to settings, so how can he turn off Protect on the phone????
    12-17-15 04:35 PM
    He can't get past the login screen to get to settings, so how can he turn off Protect on the phone????
    Hard reset the phone. Re-connect to the internet and it should poll the server and let him bypass it. You did what you need to do, he's ******* up.

I had to do this for a buyer. He emailed me, I removed the device from protect, and it was instantaneously available to him to set up.
    12-17-15 04:36 PM
    Hi andy957. do you remember what email address you used in the classic? I lost one of my phone before. it got stolen. and to my surprise, when i tried to contact it through PIN messaging, i discovered that it was still being used. i was surprised because, as far as i know, it shouldn't be opened by someone else that doesn't know my BBID in that device. then i asked some people how it happened. they say that it is possible to end up with a full security wipe if you keep on logging in with the wrong wrong password for the correct email address. you can try this one. though i'm not sure if this will work. but giving it a try won't hurt. who knows if it can actually be bypassed by this method.
    12-17-15 06:30 PM
    Issue resolved. As mentioned by others, before doing a security wipe on BBOS 10.3.2 and later, you MUST TURN OFF BB PROTECT ON THE DEVICE, then you can go ahead with the wipe and everything is ok (you also have to remove the device from protect.blackberry.com in the Manage Devices tab). The guy I was dealing with was totally above board and legit, we did a Skype session and he logged into my phone using the original BBID (which is no longer valid for me so it was ok) and was able to create a new ID on the phone and the wipe went through fast since there were no files or apps, etc. So perhaps there should be a sticky somewhere on CB alerting people about this, as I am not the only one who's experienced this issue and BlackBerry should update the OS with a huge warning before doing the Security Wipe on 10.3.2 that you MUST TURN OFF PROTECT before doing the wipe. Hope this helps some others avoid the hours of frustration and troubleshooting that I went through.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-17-15 07:01 PM
    yes it will
    12-19-15 05:07 AM