I know it's not September yet, but i thought it was supposed to be released in September? If it is, why can't I pre order one or even know when the efing release date is!? So frustrating how it's been completely unveiled and im seeing all these images of it and i don't even know when it's coming out. Such a disorganized launch.

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    08-27-14 04:47 PM
    It hasn't launched yet.

Chill.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 04:54 PM
    released in September?
    'Launched' and 'released' are two very different things to BlackBerry. In either case, it's still not September lol.
    08-27-14 04:55 PM
    CB did a post a few days ago where you can have BB email you to let you know details about Passport...And when it will be available.
    08-27-14 06:49 PM
    Official Press release & Leaked Photo are two complete different things.
    What you been seeing and reading is leak information about passport not officially post by blackberry
    08-27-14 06:52 PM
    I'm hoping a product announcement in September with units available to buy in October in the UK and Canada with US carriers making it available in November / December.

This would be the same cluster of a launch strategy used on the Z10, but with an implementation during a much more competitive time of year.

Let's hope I'm wrong... I'd love to buy an unlocked version of the Passport on the day it is unveiled in London directly from Shop BlackBerry. I want it in CDMA for Verizon, too...

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:37 PM
    Oddly enough, every time I keep calling Telus and informing them about the Blackberry Passport and letting them know how great the phone is (because they have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time ...) Even down the road here in Toronto, the malls in the GTA Fairview, Scarborough Town Ctr, Eaton's Ctr.. even the call centers in Calgary, Quebec and Southern Ontario... no idea what the BB Passport is. I've had more fun telling every employee I've encountered about the phone that they've inquired about it themselves because they all used to have a Blackberry before going iSheep... (sigh)... Actually... a rep did tell me that one of their colleagues had the phone.. but it wasn't for Telus. So as of now, right right now, no carriers have the phone in their call centers or distribution centers. I too was looking forward to September 12th, but that does not seem possible. The customer who wants to buy my Z30 is eager by the day, I did sign up for Blackberry to email me.. I've been on their list for 7 years now. So I dunno.. I'm anxious but worried at the same time.
    Mdogz likes this.
    08-27-14 10:46 PM
    How come everybody seems to know the date when the iphone 6 is being releasd and no one has told The Blackberry team.
    Let's face it BlackBerry are rubbish at promoting themselves.
    08-28-14 05:20 AM
    How come everybody seems to know the date when the iphone 6 is being releasd and no one has told The Blackberry team.
    Let's face it BlackBerry are rubbish at promoting themselves.
    They're a disaster. If they say September then plan on November. November is March.

No advertising and no units in USA stores.

The like the Z3 it will roll out to some random country once every few months.

Or like the Z30 it won't see the light of day.

Diehards will find a way to get their hands on one.

If BlackBerry would learn about billboards and television they'd probably sell some phones. Maybe they could put kiosks in malls. I saw BlackBerry kiosks in Mexico City.

Chen doesn't care if phones are sold. Be only cares about enterprise. Whatever that means.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1052 /T-Mobile USA
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-28-14 05:27 AM
    I own a Cinema.May be I too should keep it quiet and don't tell my customers when the next Hobbit is coming out. Follow the blackberry's advertising technique? Lol
    nah.uhh, Doggerz, eldricho and 4 others like this.
    08-28-14 05:51 AM
    I love how people think it matters whether the Passport is released before or after the iPhone 6.

I'm sure Apple are desperately rushing to release the iPhone ahead of the Passport, for fear of losing 5 customers.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, NYTOC83 and rottonj like this.
    08-28-14 09:01 AM
    I own a Cinema.May be I too should keep it quiet and don't tell my customers when the next Hobbit is coming out. Follow the blackberry's advertising technique? Lol
    So when is the next hobbit coming out?

Posted via CB10
    TheBrandGee, mithrazor and NYTOC83 like this.
    08-28-14 09:02 AM
    Official Press release & Leaked Photo are two complete different things.
    What you been seeing and reading is leak information about passport not officially post by blackberry
    Except for the picture that blackberry put on their website for people to sign up to receive emails.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    alternator77 likes this.
    08-28-14 09:35 AM
    I tweeted Bell, they don't had any word yet on if their carrying it or when. Not too worried though, they have had all the BlackBerry 10 phones so far

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:41 AM
    Should be use to it by now. Things are always late arriving.
    08-28-14 09:48 AM
    September/october/... It doesn't matter (for me)... I can't upgrade yet :-(

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-28-14 09:59 AM
    So when is the next hobbit coming out?

Posted via CB10
    Funny you ask that. I'm talking to one right now. Hahahaha

J/K, had to pounce on that setup

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 10:05 AM
    Visited an AT&T in Chinatown (NYC) this week and asked the manager if they will be getting the Passport. He said they haven't even heard from a BlackBerry rep in months.
    08-28-14 10:33 AM
    I thought the passport was intended for a September launch?-img_20140828_122621.png

That is all, AT&T

Posted via CB10
    austriker and iamagod like this.
    08-28-14 12:27 PM
    If they unveil/launch this thing in September and it doesn't come out till late october or even november in the US BBRY will have f**ked up in the US market once again. That would be very disappointing and stupid and I was hoping Chen was going to know better than that.

Selfishly I'll just be furious if I can't have my damn passport as soon as humanly possible but the bigger problem is they'll never convert anyone here back to the keyboard again with that kind of launch. Ever.
    08-28-14 01:51 PM
    I don't care when carriers are getting it. Whenever I can order it from anywhere, I'm getting it. Even if it costs me $800.

Posted via CB10
    rambo47 likes this.
    08-28-14 01:59 PM
    I don't care when carriers are getting it. Whenever I can order it from anywhere, I'm getting it. Even if it costs me $800.

Posted via CB10
    Take a deep breath, exhale. I agree, I will be purchasing unlock devices from now on especially after reading today at another site how US carries are racking in the cash selling and renting(payment plans) smart phones. $800 is to high for Blackberry to make a strong come back. If Blackberry would just sell the phone directly to the consumer the cost might be less then we are all guessing, and it would be a win for Blackberry and a when for the consumer. The consumer would not have to wait for a Blackberry to release through the carriers and the cash flow would go directly to Blackberry .
    jiksun likes this.
    08-28-14 02:44 PM
    Disorganized launch????

Way too early to say that.
    08-28-14 05:23 PM
    I love how people think it matters whether the Passport is released before or after the iPhone 6.

I'm sure Apple are desperately rushing to release the iPhone ahead of the Passport, for fear of losing 5 customers.

Posted via CB10
    LOL your comment made me laugh haha
    08-28-14 05:49 PM
    Everyone knows BlackBerry staggers their new product launches. How else would they be able to keep up with demand?
    08-28-14 08:11 PM
51 123