Late last year I ordered best phone in the world, based on my knowledgeable opinion :P

Then I started reading these forums, and start noticing big 'stain' at the back, as someone was mentioning it... I got one! I can not un see one! Not a biggie, but niggling and annoying...

Then screen lifting issues... not me! However....

So I ordered back plate from China and it arrived just after New Year. I did not have time to even open the package.. not urgent, I will replace stained back when I can do this properly. But, few days back I start hearing some 'rattling noise' inside my BlackBerry Passport. So I thought, now is the time to do the replacement.

So few screws later, to my surprise, there is a 'spare' screw inside. One that holds the screen, bottom right corner:

I thought I have one  flawless Passport...-img_20150126_164320_edit.jpg

So, I tried to get it in place, but to my surprise, not getting in. It appears that screw was different size than the whole. So, I found the 'right' screw, based on the one in the same row, from my collection of spare screws, and now everything is tight and back together.

Needles to say that my warranty is shot, but I can not believe quality control so bad from the company like BlackBerry. It does not matter where you produce your device, QC is king! And probably a lot of unpleasantly surprised customers... count me in.

O, and that replacement back was crap! Different size opening for camera and no silver line at the top..

I thought I have one  flawless Passport...-img_20150126_165739_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    illlya and EsJayDee like this.
    01-26-15 12:34 AM
    Sad story. ==. Hope you get everything figured out!
    01-26-15 12:56 AM
    Late last year I ordered best phone in the world, based on my knowledgeable opinion :P

Then I started reading these forums, and start noticing big 'stain' at the back, as someone was mentioning it... I got one! I can not un see one! Not a biggie, but niggling and annoying...

Then screen lifting issues... not me! However....

So I ordered back plate from China and it arrived just after New Year. I did not have time to even open the package.. not urgent, I will replace stained back when I can do this properly. But, few days back I start hearing some 'rattling noise' inside my BlackBerry Passport. So I thought, now is the time to do the replacement.

So few screws later, to my surprise, there is a 'spare' screw inside. One that holds the screen, bottom right corner:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150126_164320_edit.jpg 
Views:	1398 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	329749

So, I tried to get it in place, but to my surprise, not getting in. It appears that screw was different size than the whole. So, I found the 'right' screw, based on the one in the same row, from my collection of spare screws, and now everything is tight and back together.

Needles to say that my warranty is shot, but I can not believe quality control so bad from the company like BlackBerry. It does not matter where you produce your device, QC is king! And probably a lot of unpleasantly surprised customers... count me in.

O, and that replacement back was crap! Different size opening for camera and no silver line at the top..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150126_165739_edit.jpg 
Views:	1390 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	329751

Posted via CB10
    Woah! The replacement backing is indeed crap!
    Was their Web advertisement showed otherwise? (with silver lining, etc)

Were you able to have it replaced?

Regarding the loose and unscrewed screw - Have you heard the rattling noise since Day 1?

I should be checking the Passport thoroughly when I get one...

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:22 PM
    Woah! The replacement backing is indeed crap!
    Was their Web advertisement showed otherwise? (with silver lining, etc)

Were you able to have it replaced?

Regarding the loose and unscrewed screw - Have you heard the rattling noise since Day 1?
    Not tried to get it back... too cheap to ship and all the hassle..

Rattling started few week after... all good now. All tight and solid!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    mbamd and Andy_bb_king like this.
    02-01-15 06:57 AM
    Very interested in your build date -- it's printed on the box

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 09:07 AM