I think I'm done with it. I really do like the device but for me the thing is just to huge for daily use. Its a great phone but for every day use I just can't make it work anymore. I need something smaller for it to be practical. I'm a business professional and for work its great, it fits into my suit jacket pocket very nice and there are no issues. But outside of work I find myself wanting something smaller. I'm very active and it is difficult doing certain things with it and I really don't want to carry two devices or have another device because I have to because this one is too big. Forget about going to the gym with this thing. Its impossible to work out with this phone without it either falling out of your pocket or weighing your pocket down and there is no way to do any type of cardio exercise with it or put it into any type of arm band for running. Forget about putting it into your jeans and not knowing its there every time you sit down (and no I don't wear skinny jeans). I'm a tall guy and at 6'6 215lbs I thought this phone would make sense for me as I have large hands and like a larger screen (like on the Z30 and even the size of the Z10 screen). Last night my wife and I went to a concert and the entire time I can feel the Passport in my pants pocket and it was beyond annoying. I really don't want my phone to let me know its there at every waking moment and if I put it into my pocket I'd like for it to be felt vibrating but not feel it bulging out every time I sit down. I also typically put my phone into an outside coat breast pocket and the winter coat I have the Passport was too wide for it to fit into. I knew the size of it going in and I thought I could get past it but I just don't think it will work for me.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I do want to say that I think the Passport is a great device and that there is a definite audience for it, unfortunately I am not in that crowd. I'm going to go back to my Z30 for now and I think I'll give the Classic a shot when it comes out as I did enjoy having a keyboard again and the form factor looks nice. I love the form factor of the Z10 but I the battery life is just too poor for me to consider using one again. I wish BB would release an American version of the Z3 as it looks like it would be just about the perfect size and weight and who knows, maybe they will. Just wanted to share some of my experiences with the phone. I've picked up some great tips in this forum and wish you all well with your Passports.
    11-29-14 03:57 PM
    Completely understandable. It's really not a device for everyone

Posted via CB10
    andy957, mmart8520, yvpan1 and 1 others like this.
    11-29-14 04:02 PM
    Now what will you use, when those inevitable spontaneous office ping-pong games break out?
    11-29-14 04:05 PM
    That is why I have a q5. For running, bicycling, and music. Inexpensive and the battery is great.

I find my z10 to big for working out.
    11-29-14 04:14 PM
    I agree however every time I think I've had enough and put the phone in my closet and shift my sim card to another phone I eventually come back. I absolutely love the HUB and the screen. I have pre-ordered the Classic so we will see. I still love this phone and its out of this world form factor!

Posted with my super awesome BlackBerry Passport!!
    potatoguy and morganplus8 like this.
    11-29-14 04:24 PM
    Accepting donnation here!

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 on Globe-Telecom | OS 10.3.1.1151 via SIC Wipe n Load
    11-29-14 04:26 PM
    as someone said, it's just not for everyone... you won't get flamed for realizing the phone doesn't work you... there is a thing i found strange though... you mention that the PP is too big for you during your off time... but then you go back to a Z30, which it's not small, you will feel in your pant's pocket, if you use it to work out is also noticeable its size etc... so i wonder if maybe what you need is a good holster case that could work for both work and off time... just a suggestion... good luck!
    deptech and thymaster like this.
    11-29-14 04:38 PM
    I've also been thinking of switching back to the z30. The passport is great but it's big and awkward to use

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 04:51 PM
    The PP is not for everyone. I have used mine for 2 weeks and it feels normal in my hand. The only thing I use my PP for is what it was made for. For instance, I don't store music on my PP. I don't watch movies on it and don't play games. Strictly communication.... so if you use it like how I use my PP. You will love it more

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 05:00 PM
    I don't think the z30 is the same kind of big as the passport. Your pocket is more flexible in depth than width

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    howarmat and Blacklatino like this.
    11-29-14 05:08 PM
    The PP is not for everyone. I have used mine for 2 weeks and it feels normal in my hand. The only thing I use my PP for is what it was made for. For instance, I don't store music on my PP. I don't watch movies on it and don't play games. Strictly communication.... so if you use it like how I use my PP. You will love it more

Posted via CB10
    That very True, I am sure many people on here will agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 05:09 PM
    I completely understand your reason and I wish you well using the z30, I also have a soft spot for the z30 myself, but the more I use the passport, the more I find myself liking the device. I have big hands and I have adapted quite to the passport. Bottom line is that you have to get what's right for your needs.

Posted via my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-29-14 05:11 PM
    I agree. I returned mine after trying to love it for two weeks. I just could not get past the size. It was also a bit awkward to use for me. I'm back using a Q10. I do miss the screen size but I am much happier. On another note, I hope you did not purchase it from Digital River (ShopBlackberry). I am still fighting with them for my refund. Oops, have to stay on the OP topic
    11-29-14 05:27 PM
    I agree. I returned mine after trying to love it for two weeks. I just could not get past the size. It was also a bit awkward to use for me. I'm back using a Q10. I do miss the screen size but I am much happier. On another note, I hope you did not purchase it from Digital River (ShopBlackberry). I am still fighting with them for my refund. Oops, have to stay on the OP topic
    I actually got it through Amazon and am still within my 30 days (I haven't checked but I think they still carry a 30 day policy for returns with phones).

Anyway, I really will have a hard time parting with it as it really was a joy to use during work hours. Oh well, maybe I'll try one again in the future if I feel like I miss it too much.
    11-29-14 05:40 PM
    I actually got it through Amazon and am still within my 30 days (I haven't checked but I think they still carry a 30 day policy for returns with phones).

Anyway, I really will have a hard time parting with it as it really was a joy to use during work hours. Oh well, maybe I'll try one again in the future if I feel like I miss it too much.
    You will be fine with Amazon. There is no better service company out there.
    ms_warrior likes this.
    11-29-14 05:47 PM
    thats not good to hear it was a pain just trying to place the order. they sent a conformation with order number then notice my city was miss spelled not to big a of deal still saying Cleveland but shipping address they have listed is all wrong.
    cleveland Alabama with my right zip dont know this is going. how long have you been waiting on a refund
    11-29-14 05:54 PM
    Take mine to the gym religiously. Stays in my jacket under lock and key in the changing room. Seriously don't want to be disturbed while I'm working out.
    11-29-14 06:11 PM
    This topic makes perfect sense to me. I couldn't make my mind up whether to get one or not even though I had heard nothing but good things about it. I managed to find one in a CPW about 30 miles away as I'd never actually seen one in the flesh. Ill be honest and thought all the way I'd be coming home with one but I couldn't do it. The guy in the shop was getting paranoid I was trying to steal it I rolled it about in my hands for about 15mins and all I was thinking was if I bought it I would wish I never.

It's something you carry aboout with you like a tablet and would always be concsious of it. I just want something I slip in my pocket and forget about. Going to wait to see if another Z series is on the horizon anytime soon. or if not maybe look at the classic. Currently running a z10 and I don't think the 30 is that much of an upgrade.
    Andy_bb_king and beau326 like this.
    Totally understandable. Best in class business device but not gym/running around friendly.

This is how we gadget obsessive types rationalize owning more than one device. Especially with Q10s, Z30s, and Classics readily available!

Let us know what you do next and good luck.

Posted via CB10
    ... I don't think the 30 is that much of an upgrade.
    Couldn't disagree more.
    11-29-14 06:13 PM
    Couldn't disagree more.
    You don't? Don't get me wrong I am tempted but its been out for a while. Other than the better battery life I can't see any benefits. Bit bigger but lower res screen and CPU, I don't get any CPU related issues on the Z10 so how woukd that make a difference with every day use?
    11-29-14 06:22 PM
    A man purse is highly recommended for carrying the Passport around!

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:23 PM
    Better antenna, better speakers, bigger screen makes it much easier to type as well as better for viewing videos, playing games etc. I've had both, after using a Z30 I couldn't go back to a Z10. The 30 is what the 10 should have been.
    howards, Naeg1995, bakron1 and 2 others like this.
    11-29-14 06:26 PM
    I understand OP.

I live owning multiple devices, but I like having one daily driver to do EVERYTHING: communication, entertainment and all between.

For fitness, I expect my daily driver to be the central piece... as in "physically with me" during cardio and such.
    11-29-14 06:31 PM
    thats not good to hear it was a pain just trying to place the order. they sent a conformation with order number then notice my city was miss spelled not to big a of deal still saying Cleveland but shipping address they have listed is all wrong.
    cleveland Alabama with my right zip dont know this is going. how long have you been waiting on a refund
    The case was received back on the 19th of November and the Passport just this past Monday. Still, they are telling me they still have not received either back. This may be standard practice for them and since you are dealing with another country, and not the actual Indiana warehouse, their information is only as good as the local service center indicates. Still, when USPS said they get weekly complaints about them, it makes you wonder.
    11-29-14 06:32 PM
168 123 ...