I just got my Passport, and it's great.
    Just trying out some typing here, and I understand why people have been mentioning the space bar.

Just why is it that you need to press the centre of the space bar to get it to press? Space bar is made long precisely so that you can hit any part, middle, left or right, of that long key and insert a space. What's the point of having a longer key than others if you still have to press the centre of that key to get it to work?

I am sure I will get used to this, but this is the first thing that I note that is not very "elegant" about Passport...
    10-06-14 04:28 PM
    My works no matter where I hit it... weird, maybe just need to wear it in a bit.

Posted via CB10
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-06-14 04:40 PM
    I hated the keyboard for the first few days..... the space bar was one of the reasons.... Trust me: you get used to it.
    Somehow it always works when I press it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 04:42 PM
    I just got my Passport, and it's great.
    Just trying out some typing here, and I understand why people have been mentioning the space bar.

Just why is it that you need to press the centre of the space bar to get it to press? Space bar is made long precisely so that you can hit any part, middle, left or right, of that long key and insert a space. What's the point of having a longer key than others if you still have to press the centre of that key to get it to work?

I am sure I will get used to this, but this is the first thing that I note that is not very "elegant" about Passport...
    I had the same problem, but now, I press the space bar without even thinking, i never miss it
    10-06-14 04:43 PM
    Same problem here. It would work if you press the sides but you have to press twice as hard which ruins the flow of the typing(you even have to press harder in the middle). I also found it wasn't registering here and there. Not sure why they would make the feel of the space key different than the rest. Hopefully somebody figures out a fix to make that key a little more solid. Feels wore out right out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:49 PM
    I got it for 12 hours, never had a problem with the spacebar...
    Only the "N" instead of "M" an Z to get a upper case... once I typed zk to type an apostrophe...
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-06-14 05:25 PM
    Only the "N" instead of "M" an Z to get a upper case... once I typed zk to type an apostrophe...
    Yeah I struggled with hitting the M button too. I found my left hand was much better at getting used to the bottom row. Must have something to do with how I overlap my fingers supporting the back.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:28 PM
    I don't have this issue on my passport. I always seem to hit the spacebar no matter how fast I type. Still getting used to the keyboard though, have to press harder on the keys but that's due to tapping on a glass screen ie my z10 and z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:10 PM
    Yea, you get used to it.
    10-06-14 08:06 PM
    Took a couple days to get used to mine but I have no problems with it now. Love this keyboard.

Passport on AT&T
    10-06-14 09:02 PM
    Same ahahahahah, I miss that old keyboard but at the same time I love this new one!

ALSO, anyone who had a Torch shouldn't have an issue with this spacebar, it's very similar indentation being less than the rest of the keys!
    And I promise you, you will get used to it within a couple days if you haven't already!

Just keep an open mind and let your Passport take you places

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-07-14 12:29 AM