After 3 weeks of use I decided to let it go. I tried to love it, it was just not the phone for me.

The browser still leaves a lot to be desired. The Apps still don't run smoothly as I need them to, my apps don't give the notifications I need (banking, fantasy sports , etc)

The truth is as much as this phone is claimed to be a powerhouse, I run my phone a lot during the day and my battery only lasted 7-8 hours not two days.

The final deal breaker was the loss of service (T-Mobile) in areas I never lost it before on other phones. The antenna obviously isn't as strong as the competition.
    10-12-14 08:45 AM
    After 3 weeks of use I decided to let it go. I tried to love it, it was just not the phone for me.

The browser still leaves a lot to be desired. The Apps still don't run smoothly as I need them to, my apps don't give the notifications I need (banking, fantasy sports , etc)

The truth is as much as this phone is claimed to be a powerhouse, I run my phone a lot during the day and my battery only lasted 7-8 hours not two days.

The final deal breaker was the loss of service (T-Mobile) in areas I never lost it before on other phones. The antenna obviously isn't as strong as the competition.
    I agree the Browser is garbage. Battery is good for me though, although not as good as my Note 3 battery, and I'll disagree on reception - it's a lot better for me than it was on my Note 3 - getting it in all areas lately that the N3 struggled, like elevators, parking garages, etc
    10-12-14 08:52 AM
    Some phones just do not do it for some people..... odd how there are not more of these issues reported ... wonder if it the phone that is the problem not the device in general....especially the battery, have never read a report of that issue.... oh well.,.., good luck to the OP wherever you end up in the smartphone landscape.....
    10-12-14 08:53 AM
    Where did you return it to after three weeks of use? I need to find me a store like this.

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    10-12-14 08:54 AM
    OH WELL.I Hope whatever you do, makes you happy.after all it is Thanksgiving!!!! Why not just reboot the Phone and see if that makes the battery last longer ,
    10-12-14 08:54 AM
    How in the world is the browser garbage? Probably the best mobile browser out there?

Not sure about your battery life, but it sounds that you either had a defective unit or the poor Tmobile service was killing it. I've used mine way too much, and it lasts me about 16 hours at least. When I use it like a normal human being, I plug it back in at 1am with about 40% left.

Finally the reception on this thing is bar-none the best out there. Zero arguments about that.

Sorry yours didn't work out, you should try a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-12-14 08:56 AM
    I do agree using Android apps (and I'm assuming you are based on the notification comment) does run the battery down quicker.

I don't have browser issues myself and my previous phone was a LG G3 and would of thought I'd notice a big speed difference.

Obviously variety is the spice of life and if we all liked the same thing it would be a boring place to live.

Personally, I'm loving the keyboard and screen real estate.

What are get getting next?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:57 AM
    Not fair for lot of people waiting passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    10-12-14 09:00 AM
    So you returned the Passport, meanwhile lots of people are dying to get their hands on one. Nice move!
    hpjrt likes this.
    10-12-14 09:01 AM
    How in the world is the browser garbage? Probably the best mobile browser out there?
    IMO it's awful. Only good thing is the page of recent history - find that super useful. What annoys me the most is whenever I type an address in the browser, it lags for a sec and always misses the first few letters that I type. Always have to go back and edit what I've written. Also, when opening a new tab from within a web page, that option on a long-click takes a second longer to show up than the 4-5 useless options below it - I've bookmarked countless pages by accident because that option hasn't loaded in time with the others.

Then there's awful lag when opening up multiple tabs in quick succession.

It's intuitive, just laggy, slow, and unoptimized. Doesn't compare in the slightest to using Opera Mini on Android, which is incredibly snappy (unfortunately most android browsers are useless on the Passport as the scroll speed is 100x faster than it should be, negating the option to use the trackpad for scrolling).

Using Baidu Tablet Browser mostly these days, unless I have the pages saved in my history that I want to visit on the native Browser.
    10-12-14 09:08 AM
    I don't find by browser lags at all,.. and I can't stand the android browsers (at least running on a galaxy s4 active).

What I really do care about is page rendering speed and fidelity, the BB10 browser does quite well.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:15 AM
    Not sure there is ANY retailer that will accept a return after three weeks.

The battery life is amazing And by far the best in the industry.

The device reception is absolutely the best I've ever seen. I live in a VERY rural area on a 10,000 acre cattle ranch, honestly in the middle of nowhere and I've got very good coverage.

Apps not performing up to par, I guess each individuals opinion and choice of apps will vary.. mine work fine, although I wish there was more of a selection.

Browser works fine for me. Have no problems accessing my usual website I visit.

Just my two>cents worth

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:17 AM
    A script written, something that was said before, a thought that did not originate from one self. By the way, the blackberry passport can only be as fast as your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:18 AM
    You can't please everyone. Luv'n my Passport

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-12-14 09:18 AM
    IMO it's awful. Only good thing is the page of recent history - find that super useful. What annoys me the most is whenever I type an address in the browser, it lags for a sec and always misses the first few letters that I type. Always have to go back and edit what I've written. Also, when opening a new tab from within a web page, that option on a long-click takes a second longer to show up than the 4-5 useless options below it - I've bookmarked countless pages by accident because that option hasn't loaded in time with the others.

It's intuitive, just laggy, slow, and unoptimized. Doesn't compare in the slightest to using Opera Mini on Android, which is incredibly snappy (unfortunately most android browsers are useless on the Passport as the scroll speed is 100x faster than it should be, negating the option to use the trackpad for scrolling).

Using Baidu Tablet Browser mostly these days, unless I have the pages saved in my history that I want to visit on the native Browser.
    Well then that's an issue with your passport, the browser on mine completely and utterly blows all the other browsers out there. I have an s5 and iPhone 5s so compared and the passport stomped all over them then kicked their heads in whilst it was at it lol. Even compared it the other day to an iPhone 6 and 6+ whilst I was out shopping and again the passport gave it a huge body slam and left it there for the vultures to feast upon.

Did u restore your data from a pre 10.3 phone?? If so that could be your issue there. I found restoring my data from my z30 caused all sorts of issues with my passport. I wiped and started fresh and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:19 AM
    Shop Blackberry has a 30 day return for this phone.
    10-12-14 10:23 AM
    So you returned the Passport, meanwhile lots of people are dying to get their hands on one. Nice move!
    Okay, and...??? They made like 200k devices, it's not like 10 million sold and people still waiting.
    10-12-14 10:25 AM
    Where did you return it to after three weeks of use? I need to find me a store like this.

Posted via CB10
    Shop Blackberry has a 30 day return policy on the PP>
    10-12-14 10:26 AM
    Try clearing the browser cache once in a while.
    10-12-14 10:27 AM
    I smell a troll. I went head to head with an iPhone 6+ and a Galaxy 5 an blew them away hands down. Browser? By far better. Battery life? 12 hours remaining after 18 hours heavy use. Banking apps? I have all I need. Sports? NBA, TSN, Sportsnet.
    Troll somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and campbecw like this.
    10-12-14 10:30 AM
    I did... Plenty of times, I shouldnt have to do that every 5 hours for my phone to work properly.
    10-12-14 10:30 AM

For me new tab creation in quick succession is instantaneous.
    I have never seen keyboard lag in the url field either.

Are you sure you're using a passport?
    Perhaps a restore from an older phone messed something up?

I'm thinking your observations are the exception, by a large margin, rather than the rule.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-12-14 10:33 AM
    They only place I know selling this device 3 weeks ago was Telus, and they only accept returns within 15 days of purchase, and your saying you used with tmobile for 3 weeks, I may be wrong but this whole post sounds like BS to me. But if I'm wrong, my bad, and that sucks that you had a poor experience.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:38 AM
    I just noticed this is the same guy that can't get used to the keyboard. Ugh

Does sound trollish to me too now.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and dmlis like this.
    10-12-14 10:42 AM
    Judging by all of his other Troll threads running amock in the last 10 minutes I'd say he didn't even ever actually have a Passport.

After three weeks, there would be Zero way for me to gave killed this battery in 8 hours, it's impossible. Even with the flashlight on and 8 resource intensive apps open it's still a beast and takes me 12 hours.. like.. sure the buddy

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    AnimalPak200 and bungaboy like this.
    10-12-14 10:48 AM
42 12