Return the phone since the charging port is loose. My phone from shop blackberry came absolutely brand new with the boot date of the day I turned it on.

Posted via CB10
    eddycheng likes this.
    04-17-15 07:06 PM
    BlackBerry apologized for their mistake and sent me the new phone. This one dint have double seal nor any dirty lint. Looks good to me.

I ordered a new BlackBerry Passport... guess what I got... a used one-img-20150417-wa004.jpg

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    04-17-15 07:07 PM
    where, oh where, are all the fones returned on the 30 day return deal ? For myself, I would not accept a replacement... I would buy another & return the one I find unsatisfactory. That said, I have noted slight (slight) looser ingress/egress of the microSD over soon 6 months. It is still tight & does not shift while inserted. I don't like the looseness you described.
    04-17-15 08:52 PM
    Glad to hear that BlackBerry made things right for you. Enjoy your new Passport!
    04-18-15 10:56 AM
    Where did the Z30 come from?

How did BlackBerry handle the exchange? Did they require a credit card before sending the new Passport? Did they include pre-paid postage for the return?
    04-18-15 08:18 PM
    I can't believe the boot times. Boot time is from when the phone was booted and still powered, not the time from the last reboot prior to a power off. I can't see the Passport staying booted for the times listed without the battery going dead. There may be a bug in the boot time if it is reading months in the past.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 10:44 PM
    I can't believe the boot times. Boot time is from when the phone was booted and still powered, not the time from the last reboot prior to a power off. I can't see the Passport staying booted for the times listed without the battery going dead. There may be a bug in the boot time if it is reading months in the past.
    I agree, boot time is the time the device was most recently booted, which if you just turned it on, should be right then. I've noticed, though, that with new devices, after turning on for the first time, it reads some date in the past. Maybe it stays that way for a bit before updating?

OP said his boot time was in January and time zone was Ireland. Another poster said his boot time was in August 2014. To me, those past boot up times probably mean the devices are new.
    04-19-15 04:20 AM
    Where did the Z30 come from?
    The OP mentioned in the first post he was upgrading from a Z30 which made the whole issue with "needing" a phone completely pointless. They just didn't want to be bothered returning the Passport and waiting for a new one to arrive or cross-shipping. Big deal out of nothing really.
    04-19-15 11:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    The boot time is read at boot, the reason it reads that listed time is because the phone had never been turned on before, it had never done a time sync off the network.

The OP wishes to believe the phone he received was used because he was unsatisfied with the plastic protection stickers; nothing more, nothing less.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, cbosdell and cbvinh like this.
    04-19-15 12:55 PM
    I wonder if the OP has returned the first phone he got. He indicated he wouldn't b/c he "didn't want someone else to receive a used phone" either.

So if he didn't return, I assume he threw it away in an effort to protect others from the same travesty.
    04-23-15 07:01 AM
185 ... 678