I charged it overnight after shutting it down and this morning I tried to turn it on, nothing!!
    What am I supposed to do now?
    Please help, thank you.
    04-07-15 06:41 AM
    Did you use the charger that came with the phone? Was the battery almost dead when you plugged it in?

You may just have a bad charger or charge cable and just need to charge the phone with an original BlackBerry charger.

A few things to keep in mind.

A PC USB port will not provide enough power to charge a Passport, as the phones CPU runs while charging.

Third party chargers are typically not wired to the USB specifications that a BlackBerry needs, so the phone assumes it is connected to a 500ma USB port, not a charge port.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Ziro1 like this.
    04-07-15 06:53 AM
    Toss it on the Playbook charger if you have one for a while. Does the LCD show anything? This is your Red Passport?
    04-07-15 07:05 AM
    Did you use the charger that came with the phone? Was the battery almost dead when you plugged it in?

You may just have a bad charger or charge cable and just need to charge the phone with an original BlackBerry charger.

A few things to keep in mind.

A PC USB port will not provide enough power to charge a Passport, as the phones CPU runs while charging.

Third party chargers are typically not wired to the USB specifications that a BlackBerry needs, so the phone assumes it is connected to a 500ma USB port, not a charge port.

Posted via CB10
    That's not correct, you can charge a Passport through the USB port of the PC, the only difference is that it will charge very slowly. I've charged mine through my HP Dv4 and my MacBook Air without a problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:21 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset? Connecting to PC via usb? Throwing across the room? :P

 = ♥
    04-07-15 07:28 AM
    I did use the original charger and the battery was 23%. I usually turn off my device every night, I'm not doing that anymore!
    Anyways, after a few attempts, i held the power button for 10 seconds and it did turn on finally. I don't know why it did not earlier, do you think it has an issue? Thanks for your help guys
    04-07-15 07:45 AM
    Ziro,

Mine did the same a while back. Ihad to do a hard reset to get it going. I was also not wanting to charge it while turned off. I have done it twice since and the phone now will turn on with the power button.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Ziro1 likes this.
    04-07-15 09:41 AM
    My wife seems to have the same ideas, turns off our android S4 remote at night. But she just charges her PP outside of our bedroom instead of turning it off. She also wants me to put mine in airplane mode since I use it as an alarm clock.

Seriously, I know you guys are afraid of extra radiation but the only way to really avoid it is to go to bf no-where and live in a log cabin miles and miles away from any civilization with no electricity etc.
    Ziro1 likes this.
    04-07-15 09:50 AM
    I had the same problem...what I did was that I swapped a new one from blackberry shop...

Mia san mia!
    04-07-15 12:26 PM