hi guys ! I'm really thinking of getting a new unlocked passport and sell my iphone to pay for it. what do you guys think ? also the apps that i use the most are facebook, instragram, snapchat(i heard snap10 is kinda crappy) youtube and chase. thats what scares me the most about switching i dont want to give up on any of those apps. And lasty do you think i should wait for a new passport rumored to be realeased late june ?

I appraciate your help and if you can post pics of how snap10 works.

thank you
    05-18-15 02:24 PM
    I use both of these devices and I love them both. HOWEVER I can say for sure the app experience on the iPhone is better. That being said the app experience on the Passport is ok, especially with help you will find here at CB. BUT there are certain apps that just won't work, or won't work well. Snapchat is one of those apps. The developer has gone out of his way to block BB10 and Windows users from using Snapchat, also he blocks all 3rd party snapchat apps. Instagram you can get to work, and facebook has a native app.
    macberry33 likes this.
    05-18-15 03:08 PM
    BlackBerry has a native app for instagram, not just one but two,
    Snapchat will not work at all as explained in the post before mine,
    Facebook is also native,
    YouTube native app is called FastTube,
    Chase can be downloaded as an android app from the android App store.

Before you switch... be sure of the apps compatibility

posted via the beastly Passport, SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-18-15 03:21 PM
    thanks for your answer. however why do you need to use two phones ? what makes the bb not worthy of being your only phone. I wanna change my iphone for a bb but now im having second thoughts after your answer :/
    05-18-15 05:43 PM
    thanks man. hows fasttube ? i have no chance of reviewing apps since no one has that phone. there are very few vids of people and their passports
    05-18-15 05:45 PM
    You can use YouTube's mobile site, which is very similar to the YouTube app. Also, you scan upload videos directly from your phone without even installing an app.
    All the usual suspects work, instagram works great. Messenger for facebook works but you need to use an older version as it seems the new version isn't willing to work.
    Snapchat doesn't work at all anymore, like others said. Maybe one day.
    Whatsapp is here and apparently works great.

Anyway, if you buy one you have 30 days to return. Try it out!
    05-18-15 10:49 PM
    Snapchat works, my friends are using it. Just download an old Snapchat apk (version 4.x..something) . Then login using that, and update the app using Snap(PlayStore Client) . Done

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 01:26 AM
    thanks man. hows fasttube ? i have no chance of reviewing apps since no one has that phone. there are very few vids of people and their passports
    FastTube is nice and I am currently using it.

posted via the beastly Passport, SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-19-15 02:07 AM
    thanks for your answer. however why do you need to use two phones ? what makes the bb not worthy of being your only phone. I wanna change my iphone for a bb but now im having second thoughts after your answer :/
    Don't by me, I'm sorta nuts. I have carried 2 phones for years, including 2 blackberrys at times, but more recently a BlackBerry and an Android, but I just swapped my Note 4 for an iPhone 6 Plus. I have special rates and such plus I gave access to good discounts on phones and I'm good at trading devices. I like to try new things!
    05-20-15 01:01 AM
    Snapchat works, my friends are using it. Just download an old Snapchat apk (version 4.x..something) . Then login using that, and update the app using Snap(PlayStore Client) . Done

Posted via CB10
    This doesn't work anymore sadly
    05-20-15 03:28 PM
    I did the exact switch you are thinking about. I sold my iPhone 6+ for a Passport. I have no regrets about it at all.

Professionally, the Passport is a far superior device in terms of handling my emails, contacts, service calls and invoicing. My 6+ was choking under the volume of correspondence and moving between messages was cumbersome at best. The 6+ also choked on large PDFs with numerous annotations.

Personally, I'm not an app fiend. I keep hearing about how many apps the iOS App Store has compared to Blackberry World. Quite frankly I don't care. The large majority of apps in the iOS App Store are trivial and nonsensical at best. They have the largest selection of casual games around today. All the iOS users have iPhones and iPads that are flooded with apps they don't even use. Pages and pages full of apps. Ridiculous!

The Passport has everything I need to get the job done. It came with apps for me to edit invoices and make up estimates on the go. And other than Adobe Acrobat, I didn't have to load up apps on it to get going.

Bottom line is move to the Passport if communications and productivity is your thing. If you're just looking for a phone to jam along with, then stay with your iPhone 6. You're already have what you need.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    Last edited by D Ryan; 05-23-15 at 08:26 AM.
    05-23-15 02:23 AM
    Fasttube is excellent

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 03:00 AM
    Fasttube is great and it has a cool feature where it "downloads" the youtube video for future viewing. This is nice because it can save on data usage.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 03:58 AM
    Use iphone for entertainment... use BlackBerry for working...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 10:37 AM
    You cannot compare with android or ios.. BlackBerry passport is unique.. it is for particular audience who wants long battery life,readability,emails and so on.. it is for 80% productivity 20% entertainment.. App has limitations. If u start using it.. u love it with loaded features..

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 11:20 AM
    Buy a Passport and a Kindle Fire HDX. Sorted!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:09 PM
    I can verify the Chase app works fine on the Passport. I use it personally

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 04:03 PM
    Some of us prefer keeping work and personal stuff separate, hence the need for 2 phones.

Posted via C5303
    05-23-15 04:10 PM
    If you need apps then I wouldn't suggest it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-24-15 06:59 AM
    I can't decide either! Its killing me. Grrrrrrrr

I have iPhone 6+ and i've been checking videos and reviews about the passport. I WANT BLACKBERRY PASSPORT sooooooo bad!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-24-15 07:38 AM
    hi guys ! I'm really thinking of getting a new unlocked passport and sell my iphone to pay for it. what do you guys think ? also the apps that i use the most are facebook, instragram, snapchat(i heard snap10 is kinda crappy) youtube and chase. thats what scares me the most about switching i dont want to give up on any of those apps. And lasty do you think i should wait for a new passport rumored to be realeased late june ?

I appraciate your help and if you can post pics of how snap10 works.

thank you
    For using apps from your post, you would be better with iPhone. Specially for multimedia. I don't use the instagram (I don't know how it looks and I'm not interested), same for snapchat, occasionally I check Facebook, I use Twitter and LinkedIn. That is for social media. I use a lot of email (3 different corporate accounts), documents. I do a lot of phone calls (approx 1100min/month of outgoing calls) and passport is workhorse.

At the end, you will have to decide yourself.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 08:04 AM
    Ladies and Gentlemen. Your problems are over! Just go to amazon.com and buy your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:54 AM
    I have to say for myself. I'm glad I left the ios and now on blackberry.
    I do have a problem but it might be that I just haven't gotten the hang of it and that is the size of it. I tend to use the passport one handed for quick things and it's a little hard to do.
    But all the other things that have been said are true.
    That is:
    It's a work horse.
    Battery life is insane. I get almost 2 full days with it. When I had the iPhone 6 plus I would barely get one day and desperately need charge at the end of the day.
    The keyboard is great. Specially, believe it or not, the predicted txt is really nice to have.
    In terms of BBHUB, that is a really useful tool in terms of keeping up to date with everything.
    The screen is just as nice.
    The speed is not ok or good, it's actually great!
    And the BB10 is really useful in terms of multitasking to the max. People say that the iPhone does multitasking but it really doesn't do it to the passport extent or for that matter to the BB10 extent.
    In terms of apps. The only one I miss is Google maps but I'm starting to get used to the blackberry maps.
    My take on it. Hope it helps.
    Oh and the crackberry community, I forgot to mention that also is a BIG PLUS!
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-24-15 12:31 PM
    I have a Passport and my partner has an iPhone 6+. I have Snap, Google Play and Amazon app stores on my BlackBerry. As for apps, I try to use made for BlackBerry apps on BlackBerry World where possible, then I look to Amazon, then Snap. I can do anything an iPhone can do 95% of the time, but I have found some odd exceptions.

I cannot play SongPop on BlackBerry. The Dominoes pizza app doesn't work right because it relies heavily on Google maps. I've never used Snapchat, but the Instagram app iGrann is quite acceptable.

I use Daze every day and Pandora, Netflix and Kindle on a somewhat regular basis. Amazon is where I get music most of the time.

Having said that, to be a happy BlackBerry user in general and a Passport user in particular, you must be of the mind that the only thing you really, really NEED is a communication device with unmatched efficiency, social networking, incredible voice quality, a great speakerphone and an amazing Web browser. This is 90% of what I need and I am well aware that this comes at the cost of being unable to track the progress of my pizza delivery driver or play a music trivia game.

All that said, as a BlackBerry user, I realize that it is much faster to call the Pizza store and place my order on the PHONE than to use an app and I am just too busy to spend 10 minutes on an app doing what takes 60 seconds on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    jpmarque likes this.
    05-25-15 07:10 AM
    Ladies and Gentlemen. Your problems are over! Just go to amazon.com and buy your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Not if you're with Verizon.

Posted via C5303
    05-25-15 08:35 AM
31 12