I got my new passport and when I went to get my new sim card I added a line for my old phone a LG G Flex as a back up. That move was totally unnecessary, the passport does everything I need it to and more. No secondary device needed.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt, bungaboy, gritsinct and 2 others like this.
    12-05-14 06:33 PM
    Yes you did , Passport is KING
    ny1979 and herculesinwyoming like this.
    12-05-14 06:37 PM
    I don't know of two many others phones that use the nano sim but may try and find one of them.
    then you wouldn't need the other line. or get an adapter that goes from nano to what ever size card you need for the LG

BE CAREFUL
    12-05-14 07:42 PM
    Wife used to bring 2 phones since Passport was being used, she just left the second phone at home all the time.

Posted via CB10
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    12-05-14 09:25 PM
    Nice post.
    12-05-14 09:34 PM
    I opened a line on TMO just to use a Passport. My main carrier is Verizon. On which I use a Z10 and also sometimes change out to my LG G2.

I am totally satisfied with the passport. But where I live TMO often has me on 2G/Edge service. Whereas on my Z10 with VZW it's pretty much 4G LTE everywhere.

So for now I will be just using the Passport as a second device.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-06-14 12:36 AM
    I opened a line on TMO just to use a Passport. My main carrier is Verizon. On which I use a Z10 and also sometimes change out to my LG G2.

I am totally satisfied with the passport. But where I live TMO often has me on 2G/Edge service. Whereas on my Z10 with VZW it's pretty much 4G LTE everywhere.

So for now I will be just using the Passport as a second device.

that sucks I would love to go to Verizon they are a little pricey.
    12-06-14 08:15 AM
    that sucks I would love to go to Verizon they are a little pricey.
    Yeah. They know they have superior coverage. And know they can charge for it. Over the years all my family has migrated to VZW from ATT, Sprint etc. As they have become frustrated with not having coverage in rural areas while their friends on Verizon do.

As I said I am not dropping my Verizon line. I am using both. As I sit and type this on my Passport I am at the Outer Banks of NC. Have Edge voice and data on TMO. My Z10 on VZW has 3 bars of 4G LTE. I would think the main part of the OBX would have better TMO service.

12-06-14 01:19 PM
    passport is a totally capable phone. i will cancel my extra line and let one of my family have the LG.
    12-06-14 07:54 PM
    Yeah. They know they have superior coverage. And know they can charge for it. Over the years all my family has migrated to VZW from ATT, Sprint etc. As they have become frustrated with not having coverage in rural areas while their friends on Verizon do.

As I said I am not dropping my Verizon line. I am using both. As I sit and type this on my Passport I am at the Outer Banks of NC. Have Edge voice and data on TMO. My Z10 on VZW has 3 bars of 4G LTE. I would think the main part of the OBX would have better TMO service.

Now see I find the exact opposite.

We go to topsail island, NC(about an hour north of myrtle beach, SC ) for vacation, I am on AT&T and my brother in law has Verizon. He's constantly coming over to use my phone cause he has no service.

FYI, he'sn a iphone 5s and I was on my Z10 last year. Before that though, he was a 4s user and I was on my 9900. Same result.
    12-07-14 11:56 AM
    I got my new passport and when I went to get my new sim card I added a line for my old phone a LG G Flex as a back up. That move was totally unnecessary, the passport does everything I need it to and more. No secondary device needed.

Posted via CB10
    Don't be too hard on yourself, no one is perfect. lol
    12-07-14 03:45 PM
    I picked up a set of nano sim adaptors on Amazon and although I haven't tried them, I have no doubts that they would work.

Here's the link, $1.29 including free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...UvbUpU11143983

You will also need a SlimPort to HDMI Adapter if you want to watch or tranfer videos from your phone. Found a very reasonable one also on Amazon for $9.97 and free shipping:

Amazon.com: SlimPort to HDMI Adapter - Connect any MyDP enabled mobile devices to any 1080p, 3D, 3K HDTV. (Dual SlimPort/Micro-USB Connector to HDMI) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Hope this has been helpful!
    12-07-14 04:30 PM
    Now see I find the exact opposite.

We go to topsail island, NC(about an hour north of myrtle beach, SC ) for vacation, I am on AT&T and my brother in law has Verizon. He's constantly coming over to use my phone cause he has no service.

FYI, he'sn a iphone 5s and I was on my Z10 last year. Before that though, he was a 4s user and I was on my 9900. Same result.
    I don't doubt there are specific cases where Verizon has weaker service. For instance at Snowshoe Ski Resort in WV there is a radio quiet zone in the surrounding area. Absolutely nothing works except ATT , which barely does. Good enough for calls.

But overall Verizon is best. Read an article today, which I can't find now. Basically in 45 out of 50 states it was determined that Verizon has superior coverage and data and voice call quality. In five states ATT barely edged them out on just data speed. TMO and Sprint were a distant second pretty much... everywhere.

If I can figure out where I read it I will post back.

12-07-14 09:09 PM