are the any difference between the one made in Mexico and the one made in Canada?
    I also have Blackberry Q 10 made in Canada, and I think the Canadian one is somehow better. Could you please tell me about passport silver edition, which one is better; made in Mexico or Canada??? in what aspects?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Ehsan from Iran.
    04-13-16 04:07 AM
    The where some devices made in Canada for employees and developer devices, most of the consumer ones where made in Mexico. I have a z30 and a Z10 made in Canada myself and I personally think the quality was better, but that could be subject to opinion.
    The where some devices made in Canada for employees and developer devices, most of the consumer ones where made in Mexico. I have a z30 and a Z10 made in Canada myself and I personally think the quality was better, but that could be subject to opinion.
    04-13-16 05:15 AM
    My Leap was made in Mexico. Bought it from ShopBlackBerry directly. I will check my Classic. Don't know where my Q10 was made as I don't have the box any longer.
    04-13-16 05:20 AM
    I have been wondering the same thing since needing a replacement for my original SE, which kept randomly rebooting. The replacement device seems be slightly heavier, have sharper edges between the sides and front/back of the phone, and have clickier (more clicky) keys when compared to the original SE, which I believe was made in Mexico. I still have to check where the replacement came from, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's from Canada given the differences I've noticed. Unfortunately, my replacement is giving me the issue of randomly and temporarily having a Hub that is completely blank with no messages, calendar appointments, or anything. As I write, I'm in the process of wiping and restoring it. I'm not used to quality issues with my BBs, and I hate this is happening with the SE. I really hopes this works because I would hate to need to replace the replacement device.
    07-26-16 11:19 AM
    Also, I prefer my original SE (presumably from Mexico) over the replacement (Canada??) due to the feel of the device and the differences I mentioned above. The original does have a slightly raised screen near the top right corner, and while the replacement has a similar issue, it's less noticeable.
    07-26-16 11:24 AM
    To know knowledge BlackBerry doesn't make any of their devices anymore in Canada or Europe.

They had a manufacturing deal with a Toronto based company called Celestica. They were a big manufacturer of BlackBerry hardware and other electronics. BlackBerry might have also had an in house manufacturing facility too. All the news reports I have seen always indicated Celestica's contracts with BlackBerry ended around late 2012. Some BB10 hardware was still made in Canada.

I have heard on the quarterly reports the names Winstron & Foxconn mentioned. There was a 3rd company BlackBerry uses as well. I don't know what their deal is with this new DTEK50 phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 11:49 AM