And I am totally thrilled about it. I have had it for a couple of hours and I have already gotten used to it. Going back to the Z10 seems so small.

However I am really disappointed with the available apps. I mean I am business, and do not play games on my phone but I would like to be able to get the scores of the game, and read the news. There isn't even a decent stock app yet.

If developers can't make the apps for a phone the same size as what is already out their, then I doubt they will make apps for a square screen resolution.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    10-12-14 11:16 PM
    The OS accommodates the app. In other words some apps work without the developer even trying.

Many android apps look great on my passport and I doubt the developer even reviewed it.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    10-12-14 11:21 PM
    details on your order?
    10-12-14 11:22 PM
    details on your order?
    Went to a rogers store in my local mall a grabbed one from their stock.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-12-14 11:24 PM
    Amen!!

I posted on this too. It really feels like two steps back because even the apps I used to be happy with are either not available or scaling well with font size etc.

My main pain points: USA Today, team Stream, Bloomberg, Kindle, stocks

I tried Android apps bunt they tale a HUGE toll on battery that it feels like a virus is running on the system. I have started removing all my Android apps, currently only running Yahoo and Spotify because they are not as bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:24 PM
    Nice to hear that you're enjoying it! I'm on the fence about whether or not to get the Passport. I would love all the recognition and questions for carrying around such a peculiar device, but right now I'm satisfied with my Q10 running 10.3 and I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with such a large device such as the Passport.

BlackBerry is working on the app gap. Now that they have both BlackBerry World and the Amazon Appstore (also support for Google Play applications), I am hoping to see more developers support the 1:1 aspect ratio. But only time will tell.
    10-12-14 11:26 PM
    Amen!!

I posted on this too. It really feels like two steps back because even the apps I used to be happy with are either not available or scaling well with font size etc.

My main pain points: USA Today, team Stream, Bloomberg, Kindle, stocks

I tried Android apps bunt they tale a HUGE toll on battery that it feels like a virus is running on the system. I have started removing all my Android apps, currently only running Yahoo and Spotify because they are not as bad.

Posted via CB10
    I would of thought by now the android runtime would of been optimized enough that android apps wouldn't be draining the battery's like pervious OS versions.

If that's the case then whats the point of running android apps if it takes a tool on battery. Makes no sense at all. #confused

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-12-14 11:27 PM
    I have got a few apps to work but hoping I don't have to sideload them. I wish it was easier. Might sideload Snap and use that.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:49 PM
    And I am totally thrilled about it. I have had it for a couple of hours and I have already gotten used to it. Going back to the Z10 seems so small.

However I am really disappointed with the available apps. I mean I am business, and do not play games on my phone but I would like to be able to get the scores of the game, and read the news. There isn't even a decent stock app yet.

If developers can't make the apps for a phone the same size as what is already out their, then I doubt they will make apps for a square screen resolution.

Posted via CB10
    It's worse than you think. A lot of the apps work as-is, developers don't bother toggling the checkbox next to the Passport so Appworld makes them not available.

Likely some of them might stay like this indefinitely too...
    10-13-14 08:53 PM
    Also note many web apps work even better then their little sibling apps. I use instagram online and make a short cut on my desktop and it's fantastic. Better than any 16:9 phone.
    I use spotify, as well as other android apps and scaling is perfect. I think this is just short sighted.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    10-13-14 08:53 PM
    Wait, every day you hear of new apps for the passport.

The necessary apps for professionals are there.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:54 PM
    It's worse than you think. A lot of the apps work as-is, developers don't bother toggling the checkbox next to the Passport so Appworld makes them not available.

Likely some of them might stay like this indefinitely too...
    Yup... what's interesting is that just today I got an email from amazon apologizing for letting me download the android version of Facebook from their store, because they realized it was not compatible. They even gave me a $5 credit for my inconvenience.

The irony is that the android facebook app works perfectly on my Passport. Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:59 PM
    Ok, so I have found that a lot of the sports apps that I used on my Z10 are not available on the passport. However I now realize the the mobile websites of these apps are far superior on the passport and I am more than happy with that.

For those looking for hockey, www.NHL.com works great on the passport. Add a shortcut to your home screen and voila you have a NHL app.

I also use www.NFL.com for football scores and news.

No need for nhl gametime, or nfl mobile apps when you can use the mobile sites.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:34 AM
    Actually I've been surprised by so many apps working very well. Even most Android apps work fine.

A few games show the first splash screen in landscape but after that everything works great and the zoom feature is nice for android apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:42 AM