Ok here is how to reproduce the bug. Make a call put it on loudspeaker now simply just blow lightly at your phone anywhere at the front and the call will mute for a second or 2.Make sure you have something to listen to on the loudspeaker whilst in the call or you will not know when it was silenced. Not sure if its a bug or a wind sensor lol.
    10-06-14 06:01 AM
    Interesting....Is this a common bug?
    10-15-14 12:25 PM
    Interesting....Is this a common bug?
    Yup, almost half of the time I put someone on speaker the volume is on max and I can't lower it.
    The other half of the time the speaker is a thing that dreams are made of.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:32 PM
    Yup, almost half of the time I put someone on speaker the volume is on max and I can't lower it.
    The other half of the time the speaker is a thing that dreams are made of.

Posted via CB10
    Oh that's no good....New OS fix it?
    10-15-14 12:35 PM
    Hm I've had similar thing on skype when I talk with someone and I interrupt them...basically it lowers their voice so it can broadcast mine with no backgroun noices or something -maybe it's similar software. If someone could give us more info on that it'll be great^^

Also WTB white passport when is this thing coming out !??! ?!? !! : (
    10-15-14 12:49 PM
    Ok here is how to reproduce the bug. Make a call put it on loudspeaker now simply just blow lightly at your phone anywhere at the front and the call will mute for a second or 2.Make sure you have something to listen to on the loudspeaker whilst in the call or you will not know when it was silenced. Not sure if its a bug or a wind sensor lol.
    It sounds like it's trying to adapt to the audio around it and dampen the background noise. Could just be that and when it hears that specific pitch in that way, it happens to cut out the audible spectrum. Then it keeps listening and realizes it stopped and so it let's audio continue through normally.

For some reason I can't remember the proper word for that for the life of me.....
    Noise cancellation maybe?

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-15-14 01:39 PM
    Active Leak Compensation?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 01:44 PM
    Wind compensation.
    10-15-14 01:50 PM
    I need a case for this blackberry come on blackberry we want a case get on the case lol.
    10-15-14 01:51 PM
    Actually, BlackBerry implemented a feature so whenever there's loud noises not from speaking, it'll lower the volume until it's over. It's not muted, just softened a lot

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-15-14 01:53 PM
    Oh that's no good....New OS fix it?
    Haven't put a new OS on the Passport. Heck the device is only three weeks old lol.

I can tell you that it has only happened when i'm in my office with no background noise whatsoever.

I've been outside and it was perfect. Intact on one occasion I turned the speaker volume up

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 02:41 PM
    It's not a bug. All speakerphones does that. It's a compensation so that the conversation doesn't sound muffled altogether

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-21-14 11:52 AM