OK I am going to type this post on the PP. This is going to take some getting used to. So I was browsing an app called OfferUp. I have bought other BlackBerry phones on there for my collection. I found this Passport on there for $400. I simply asked if he would trade a dell inspiron desktop with a core i3 gen 4 haswell 1 tb hdd 8GB of memory, WiFi, and 8.1. He said yes. Bam. I spent $50 on the computer traded it for a Passport. Now I am not going to hook it up to a network just yet. I want to use it and get used to it before I commit to it. But so far it is a damn sexy phone. I do find it hard to type on though. This post is making my hand hurt. But just in the time of typing this post, I have picked up speed quite a bit. Plush the tap the words above the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 06:44 PM
    Just hit my first 24 hours with the Passport, it's a unique device that's for sure!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    05-14-15 07:02 PM
    Just hit my first 24 hours with the Passport, it's a unique device that's for sure!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Unique is right. But typing is getting easier.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:14 PM
    You don't have to tap the words above the keyboard. Swipe up on the keyboard below the word you want.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-14-15 07:20 PM
    You don't have to tap the words above the keyboard. Swipe up on the keyboard below the word you want.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Oh. On the Keyboard. Now I got it. Definitely a learning curve. < posted mostly with swiping.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:26 PM
    give it some time... it took me a while, maybe over a month to actually enjoy typing on the PP... my thumbs would hurt and i was slow... however, now i type even without looking at the keyboard... and i love to see my messages going out without typos or crazy autocorrect changes... it's not a phone for everyone, that's for sure, but that's actually true for every phone or thing in life... however, i would guarantee that this phone is nothing like you have used before...
    stevepar likes this.
    05-14-15 07:28 PM
    When I had a Passport, I didn't really need swiping. I thought the wide keyboard was super fast and comfortable for simple correspondence.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:55 PM
    You know I used to have a pearl 8130 and we'll I don't see the learning curve at all on the keyboard. I find the space bar just where it needs to be. I also find that my hands hurt less, and I find that I can use the device just fine one handedly. I don't get these posts about weird learning curve and what not...

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:21 PM
    I still can't get over how nice this phone is. I work on eyefones on a daily basis. This phone blows the eyefone away. Probably not as fragile as the iPhone is. I hate iPhones. I just wish this phone had the woven glass back. That would really give it a high end feel and look. But I won't complain about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:54 PM
    You know, when it had my 9810 my fingers would actually ache after a day of texting. The tips of my thumbs would be raw from the tiny keys. Haven't had that experience with the Passport. I love that the keys are so wide.

I had toyed with and talked myself out of buying it so many times and then one day I was staring at a dummy model at a kiosk and I just decided I needed that keyboard. Ordered a white one the next day. Didn't even feel my usual guilt over buying a new toy.

Posted via CB10
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    05-15-15 12:42 AM
    Who needs to type when they can just swipe up.. and swipe and swipe

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:57 AM
    Who needs to type when they can just swipe up.. and swipe and swipe

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought but seriously type and swipe is awesome especially on lazy days like this in bed where you don't want to type the whole word up and what not. It's slower for me but that's because I prefer just typing the words completely

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:00 AM
    OK I am going to type this post on the PP. This is going to take some getting used to. So I was browsing an app called OfferUp. I have bought other BlackBerry phones on there for my collection. I found this Passport on there for $400. I simply asked if he would trade a dell inspiron desktop with a core i3 gen 4 haswell 1 tb hdd 8GB of memory, WiFi, and 8.1. He said yes. Bam. I spent $50 on the computer traded it for a Passport. Now I am not going to hook it up to a network just yet. I want to use it and get used to it before I commit to it. But so far it is a damn sexy phone. I do find it hard to type on though. This post is making my hand hurt. But just in the time of typing this post, I have picked up speed quite a bit. Plush the tap the words above the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    The dictation feature works very well. Simply press and hold the period with the little microphone in the virtual Keyboard. I speak the message first and then I go back and simply correct where I need to . More often than not I find very little that I need to go back and correct . I find the dictation feature a fantastic way to be more productive efficiently . Also it recognizes punctuation if you speak the punctuation that you would like! So save your thumbs from hurting and give the dictation a try.

By the way this entire message was brought to you by the blackberry dictation feature have fun at this atlasmike.

Passported from my consciousness to yours .
    05-15-15 01:12 AM
    I still can't get over how nice this phone is. I work on eyefones on a daily basis. This phone blows the eyefone away. Probably not as fragile as the iPhone is. I hate iPhones. I just wish this phone had the woven glass back. That would really give it a high end feel and look. But I won't complain about it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the Passport keyboard has very little learning curve. Really only the position of the M-key has ever thrown me off when bouncing between the Q10 and Passport.

Passport is much more comfortable to use for long periods. No hand cramping at all. But the Q10 is still way faster for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 09:45 AM
    That's what I thought but seriously type and swipe is awesome especially on lazy days like this in bed where you don't want to type the whole word up and what not. It's slower for me but that's because I prefer just typing the words completely

Posted via CB10
    Well, good for you as that gives you more confidence in what you're typing

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 11:02 AM