Oh no.........I love it!

Apologies for the misleading title, but I couldn't help it. Hopefully you all had 10cc in your head. Only had it for a day, but I can't think of owning any other phone now. The screen, oh the screen. Passport is everything I hoped for and more. I won't review it, enough people have already done that. If you are still waiting, it is really worth the wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:08 AM
    Well you had me going. haha
    Glad you love it!
    10-21-14 07:22 AM
    For you young'ns

Legal Eagle and daveycrocket like this.
    10-21-14 07:22 AM
    10-21-14 07:23 AM
    It certainly is!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-21-14 07:24 AM
    For you young'ns

Had the pleasure of working with the band on a UK Tour many years ago.

Brings back some happy memories .......

Thanks Big Bad Wulf.
    10-21-14 07:28 AM
    I completely disagree. I can't even count which number this is for BlackBerry's I've owned. I've been a BB addict and lover for years back to the 8800. I'm still a huge supporter and love my Z30. I order the Passport from Shop BlackBerry. I am a BES admin. I have tried and returned several Androids and iPhones - I like my BlackBerry - the end. But, I have to be honest:

I do not like and I do not love the Passport. It's odd, and cumbersome, and the switching back and forth from the physical keyboard to the touch screen (for numbers and characters) is not something that falls into a natural rhythm. The processor - great. The speed - great. The OS is great. But put all of that on the Passport form factor and it loses something. Flicking words (where you have to look above to see which word will flick up) doesn't flow and the qwerty keys are very far apart.

I tried to love it. Hell, I tried to like it and was "selling" it to others before I ever got my hands on one. But I'm not feeling it for the Passport.
    They are fast and smooth, and work well for both Enterprise connectivity AND personal stuff. But so does my Z30 which operates like a champ and is probably the best phone I've ever owned. I never "loved" a phone until the Z30 came along. I was hoping to love my Passport. I've been defending BlackBerry for a long time. But I can't give them props on the Passport. Other than the seriously persuadable BlackBerry addicts, this phone won't do well. I've come to jesus (not really) and realized that I can't defend the Passport as a slam dunk. As the BES Admin, I can't even recommend it as an option for our users because I now them. They will hate the Passport. I will give it to a few "problem child" users, and a few "unquestioning BlackBerry" users and get feedback, but I know how this is going to go.

I had to go through every hands-on tutorial on the phone to make sure I didn't miss any features, or somehow miss the point of this phone.

If, like many companies, we're just going to buy phone outright instead of "leasing" them through AT&T, I would buy cases of Z30's in a second.
    11-18-14 11:24 AM
    I completely disagree. I can't even count which number this is for BlackBerry's I've owned. I've been a BB addict and lover for years back to the 8800. I'm still a huge supporter and love my Z30. I order the Passport from Shop BlackBerry. I am a BES admin. I have tried and returned several Androids and iPhones - I like my BlackBerry - the end. But, I have to be honest:

I do not like and I do not love the Passport. It's odd, and cumbersome, and the switching back and forth from the physical keyboard to the touch screen (for numbers and characters) is not something that falls into a natural rhythm. The processor - great. The speed - great. The OS is great. But put all of that on the Passport form factor and it loses something. Flicking words (where you have to look above to see which word will flick up) doesn't flow and the qwerty keys are very far apart.

I tried to love it. Hell, I tried to like it and was "selling" it to others before I ever got my hands on one. But I'm not feeling it for the Passport.
    They are fast and smooth, and work well for both Enterprise connectivity AND personal stuff. But so does my Z30 which operates like a champ and is probably the best phone I've ever owned. I never "loved" a phone until the Z30 came along. I was hoping to love my Passport. I've been defending BlackBerry for a long time. But I can't give them props on the Passport. Other than the seriously persuadable BlackBerry addicts, this phone won't do well. I've come to jesus (not really) and realized that I can't defend the Passport as a slam dunk. As the BES Admin, I can't even recommend it as an option for our users because I now them. They will hate the Passport. I will give it to a few "problem child" users, and a few "unquestioning BlackBerry" users and get feedback, but I know how this is going to go.

I had to go through every hands-on tutorial on the phone to make sure I didn't miss any features, or somehow miss the point of this phone.

If, like many companies, we're just going to buy phone outright instead of "leasing" them through AT&T, I would buy cases of Z30's in a second.
    Takes about two weeks to really start appreciating the Passport. Typing takes the longest to get used to but I can never go back to a small rectangular screen... Even my Zed30. Its all about that screen!

Posted via CB10
    fanisk and Vicksy like this.
    11-18-14 11:33 AM
    Well, the passport or any phone for that matters, is not for everyone... some people like white and some other black... what I find strange is that you are an BES admin, which means that you deal with different devices for different users personalities and needs, but you think your experience can be extrapole to everyone you know... I say this for the part where you said "As the BES Admin, I can't even recommend it as an option for our users because I now them. They will hate the Passport."... that's pretty much assuming a lot of stuff on your own regarding people opinion... and I don't mean the passport or BlackBerry, I mean in general...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:42 AM
    Good one. I have to agree. This is the best phone I have ever owned!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 12:20 PM

Every opinion is respected! However coming from a Z30 I have to admit that had similar feelings with you about the passport during my first days with it and if I could swip the sim card easily I would seriously think to go back to my beloved Z30! However after a week of use I was feeling at ease and in two weeks time I was feeling more than comfortable with the passport!
    The phone is certainly not for everyone and needs a time learning curve.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-18-14 12:59 PM
    I am not perturbed by negative reviews and comments on Passport. I am going to own it the day it is available in White color in India.
    11-19-14 08:43 AM

I know I know, where is your Z50? Right? lol

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-19-14 08:52 AM
    Every opinion is respected! However coming from a Z30 I have to admit that had similar feelings with you about the passport during my first days with it and if I could swip the sim card easily I would seriously think to go back to my beloved Z30! However after a week of use I was feeling at ease and in two weeks time I was feeling more than comfortable with the passport!
    The phone is certainly not for everyone and needs a time learning curve.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Same here. Z50 would be unquestionable. But we got no Z50 love, so Passport is the best thing.

I think Z30 and Passport are two great devices in a row now from BlackBerry, I am looking forward to what's coming next.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-19-14 08:56 AM