Yes, I know people have posted this before; but, I just wanted to point out that there are still great reasons as to why to get the original black Passport over the Silver Edition.

The original black has an excellent form factor, smaller than the thicker and bulkier SE. It also has better feedback on the keyboard. I personally prefer the feel of the more tactile keyboard over the SE's "softer" clicking keyboard. The official BlackBerry Passport hard shell is also a superior case, adding grip and style while still being very minimal.

I've used the SE before and have found its keyboard good but a little to "soft" for my liking. It's size is also noticeably heftier than the original black. Aesthetically too, I prefer the original black version. The SE BlackBerry cases are also quite slippery and bulky.

To each his or her own, but I really like the original black Passport!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 09:33 PM
    Yes. I agree. AT&T PP. Solid.

Yep. A PassPort.
    06-08-16 09:43 PM
    I could have got either but I went out of my way to get an unlocked AT&T version sent to me to use in Vancouver, Canada.

Just absolutely love the look of the rounded corners and it feels so nice in the hand.

Posted via CB10
    Mauri5io likes this.
    06-09-16 07:35 AM
    Black is best for mee too

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 07:55 AM
    I am still happy with my white one. I prefer the square corners to the rounded ones.

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 likes this.
    06-09-16 10:53 AM
    Yes I absolutely agree. These were exactly the reasons why I chosen the OG Passport. Plus more accessories, availability of spare parts (there are parts for SE too but very few and pricey) and the built quality seeme to be better on the black one (Blackberry might have used more of the premium materials on the SE but th OG felt as if it was put together much better).
    06-09-16 11:50 AM
    I also would like to own the "Red" but it's very hard to fined in my Country.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-09-16 12:09 PM
    Great responses here so far! The form factor of the red and white Passports, since they are the same as the original black, also still count as being in the same class as the piano black model. As I type this out on my Passport, it is easy to see why I chose to stick with this over the Silver Edition. BlackBerry has a very unique product!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 02:03 PM
    You're absolutely right about the comparison between the original passport and the SE edition. I myself had the original black passport, switched to the SE and then went back to the original but in white. Overall, I prefer the original passport for the same reasons you had stated. By the way, the Blackberry flex shell case looks awesome on the white Blackberry passport. It gives it a nice contrast and it has many functional uses.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 02:18 PM
    The original is great, solid and slightly smaller than the SE no complaints here. Both Phones are great can't go wrong with either one.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 05:59 PM
    I have an original black still from release day and was just considering buying the Silver. Now y'all are making me question my decision lol. I've held a Silver and liked the way it felt, but couldn't actually try it out as it had just had a swim in a lake
    06-09-16 06:19 PM
    ...also still count as being in the same class as the piano black model....

Posted via CB10
    I thought mine was hot black

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 11:05 PM
    I thought mine was hot black

Posted via CB10
    Haha sure

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 11:29 PM
    none of them, I love the AT&T design!
    jope28 likes this.
    06-10-16 11:11 AM
    I have the original Passport, and it's a great phone, looks great too (not that I care about this - but arty people I know always comment positively about the design)....

.... but, it has sharp corners, and these are definitely not good for pocket linings (especially in old jackets, where the pockets are already on their way out). And that's why I wish I could have bought the AT&T design with the rounded corners.... (I'm in the UK, and therefore when I bought my Passport, the options were: black original, black original, or black original, and maybe a red one too....).

If I have to to replace my Passport (or if I just buy another one for contingency, which I am giving a lot of thought to) I'll almost certainly get an SE for the benefit of the rounded corners (though am worried about the number of comments I have read saying that the SE keyboard is not as good as the original Passport keyboard - I love my Passport keyboard....).

Ramble over... time for a question...

Question: does anybody else have a problem with the sharp corners of the Passport Original? Or does this only affect me (because, according to my girlfriend I hoard old jackets that should have been thrown out years ago)...
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 06-10-16 at 12:20 PM.
    06-10-16 11:43 AM
    The sharp corners on the original Passports are not too noticeable for me with the BlackBerry Hard Shell also on.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 02:31 PM

Question: does anybody else have a problem with the sharp corners of the Passport Original? Or does this only affect me (because, according to my girlfriend I hoard old jackets that should have been thrown out years ago)...
    Get rid of your old jackets and get another black/red/whatever Passport....
    .... and keep your girlfriend, she seems to have a common sense
    06-10-16 02:44 PM
    the Passport designs are all very uniquely BlackBerry and i actually love them all

i believe BlackBerry should carry that design concept over to Android

unless something miraculous happens with the state of BlackBerry 10 and they decide to build new models in the future

Passport concept is actually a popular niche hit where the owners absolutely love it
    06-10-16 04:59 PM
    BlackBerry pays no attention to what works with the Passport because the pre-Chen regime came up with it. Also, they don't have time (so they think) to wait for something to catch on. Instead, they flail and try to find something that will sell itself in large numbers.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:08 PM
    Is the keyboard of the black at&t version of the Passport more tactile (less soft) than that of the original black one?

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    06-10-16 05:58 PM
    Mine is an all black OG (including the side bar) which makes it look even more executive....

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 06:58 PM
    Yes, I know people have posted this before; but, I just wanted to point out that there are still great reasons as to why to get the original black Passport over the Silver Edition.

The original black has an excellent form factor, smaller than the thicker and bulkier SE. It also has better feedback on the keyboard. I personally prefer the feel of the more tactile keyboard over the SE's "softer" clicking keyboard. The official BlackBerry Passport hard shell is also a superior case, adding grip and style while still being very minimal.

I've used the SE before and have found its keyboard good but a little to "soft" for my liking. It's size is also noticeably heftier than the original black. Aesthetically too, I prefer the original black version. The SE BlackBerry cases are also quite slippery and bulky.

To each his or her own, but I really like the original black Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Funny I was thinking the same about my silver passport.........different but the same........great minds think alike !

Woof!
    06-10-16 07:17 PM
    I like the looks of the red passport.
    06-10-16 08:10 PM
    I had ordered Silver edition as I thought it looks better than my black OG passport. I had already read about lot of screen lift issue on SE and to my disappointment there were screen lift issues on both the SE I ordered. I liked the keyboard of SE over black OG. But when I kept SE and OG side to side I felt OG to be more solid and a single piece device and long lasting looks. I really wish and hope the OS 10, apps and even android apps continue to run for years without any issues.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    BigAl_BB9900 and Avenzuno like this.
    06-11-16 08:08 AM