I've owned BlackBerry for ten years now. I shouldn't be plagued with corrupt text conversations every other week. You never hear of this **** on android and especially iphone. I keep my text threads because I often have critical information in them. It's absolutely inexcusable that my text hub acts up because one, 4-month long thread is corrupt.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Frustrating, for sure. Clearly you enjoy the Hub, as do most BB10 users. I suggest looking for an alternate archive method for your texts. Leaving "critical information" on one device without a backup is a risky thing to do, Hub issues aside. I'd strongly recommend you look into some means of archiving that important data elsewhere, even if that's nothing more than a document or text file on the SD card, as well as an additional redundant copy on a computer or laptop.

You can't reinstall lost data, or as a friend of mine likes to put it, "any data that isn't backed up is data you didn't need."

Cheers!
    02-22-17 11:35 AM
    You sure? My coworker, an ex apple genius, has never heard of text threads corrupting. My gf, with 4,5,6 year old chat threads has never had this. My other coworker, a huge android guy, has also never heard of this happening.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    I know first hand of this type of problem occurring on a Samsung Note 3. It seems that it may be naive to think that situations such as yours only occur on BB10 and not other OS.

Also, I believe that restarting the hub with the swipe method is not the same as restarting your device, although I could be wrong.
    02-22-17 11:49 AM
    Do what Huma did. Forward important text chats somewhere else.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Nels likes this.
    02-22-17 11:54 AM
    I had similar sms problems on my PP. Text would be visual in hub-list view, but when entering the message thread nothing would be displayed. Fortunately in my case a hub restart always fixed the problem.

If OP has to delete the entire thread I can understand that at some point one needs to get rid of some steam ;-)

CB10 on my PP SE
    85_305 likes this.
    02-22-17 11:58 AM
    You sure? My coworker, an ex apple genius, has never heard of text threads corrupting. My gf, with 4,5,6 year old chat threads has never had this. My other coworker, a huge android guy, has also never heard of this happening.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    It's happened a lot of times to me using android. Especially when I used the Sony Xperia 2. My two sisters have complained about it happening on their iPhone 5s before they got the IPhone 6. No OS is perfect. Granted I've never had it happen to me on my Passport. I've got chat records going back to 2015 on it
    02-22-17 12:00 PM
    It's happened a lot of times to me using android. Especially when I used the Sony Xperia 2. My two sisters have complained about it happening on their iPhone 5s before they got the IPhone 6. No OS is perfect. Granted I've never had it happen to me on my Passport. I've got chat records going back to 2015 on it
    I've got chat records going back to 2013 on my pp... those aren't the troubling chat threads. One particular chat thread is ~4mos old and toasted already.

I really like the idea of exporting conversations to a word document then blowing it out. That's ingenious. I'm going to try that.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-22-17 12:26 PM
    This does happen on android and ios but a lot less. The reason being that you probably are wiping and then reloading a backup that still has some corrupt software in it. ios and android dont have the same kind of "clone" backups as bb10 has, so they dont get these issues.
    If you want to avoid anymore issues, start fresh. Open bb link, and do an OS reload (will download and run the latest autoloader on your device). Dont load any backup, or only load a backup of your apps, but not of your settings/contacts/sms.

Make a backup regardless, just in case you later find out you've lost some important files.
    I havent had a corrupt sms thread on my passport or z30, I do remember my z10 having that issue though.
    02-22-17 03:18 PM
    Are these sms Group texts? All it would take is the sender how has device issues throwing out their issues to all recipients.
    Or is it from a common sender?
    I once had a group text I got sucked into by somebody else, and my hub never became unstable, but for some reason my tone notifications went down the tubes.
    After fiddling with it for a while, Be Buzz and all, I deleted the group text and all went to normal.

This on a Z30.
    02-22-17 03:27 PM
    Corrupt text messages are a very well known thing with BlackBerry, this isn't a new issue.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Been using BB10 since day 1-ish and this is the first time I'm hearing about it. My current Passport though has been one of the glitchiest devices I have ever owned but I've never had an issue with Text.
    02-22-17 03:57 PM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Most "Apple Geniuses " I have met are far from Geniues.
    matthewkuhl likes this.
    02-22-17 04:33 PM
    Seems strange I have 2 passports and have never had an issue with the hub or text messaging.
    02-22-17 07:02 PM
    Most "Apple Geniuses " I have met are far from Geniues.
    You mean that 19 yrs old kid i dealt with at Apple store is not a genius? WTF Apple! I thought they all have to have 140 IQ and be in Mensa.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-22-17 07:59 PM
    I've never gotten that many text so I don't know. My wife does have issues when she had Passport with getting double text from iphone users (Probably an iMessage issue)? Been through more devices then I can count. Never had corrupted text.
    02-22-17 08:01 PM
    Yeah I can say that when my passport was my daily driver these things happened constantly to me. I used iphones for 5 years prior and never had it happen. I never had to fresh install after my phone gave up after an OTA update either... But hey.... At one time there were reasons to put up with this... Now that support has slowed to a crawl its maddening.
    85_305 likes this.
    02-23-17 12:19 AM
    I've restarted the entire device several times. This ALSO refreshes the hub. Corrupt text messages are a very well known thing with BlackBerry, this isn't a new issue. It's one that's caused me great lengths of troubles. There's nothing more to say other than this shouldn't even be a thing, yet with BlackBerry, it's a thing.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    It's a thing? I didn't know, first I've heard of it. I've had my BlackBerry for years, never seen anything like it or heard of anyone else with problems. Lucky you!

Try Google for the problem. There's a lot of hits for Android, so good luck thinking you'll be rid of this problem off BlackBerry

If you can get a terminal app or Ghost Commander and you know where the SMS stored, you can probably navigate there and just delete the files.
    02-23-17 01:10 AM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    I have multiple text threads dating back to early 2013 with thousands of messages in each thread on BB10 and never had the problem you are experiencing. Sorry to hear that.
    02-23-17 01:16 AM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    I would have to agree with you 85_305 , i haven't heard about this happening on other OS Platforms. That doesn't mean it isn't happening, just i haven't heard about it. Sorry to hear about your troubles with BB10. Its never nice when things don't go right. I would also agree with @crackbb10, Just copy the chat history into a .Doc file and save that. I personally don't keep any E-mails, or messages that are older than 3 months. So its probably why this has potentially never happened to me. Hopefully going forward things are smoother.
    85_305 likes this.
    02-23-17 07:48 AM
    This does happen on android and ios but a lot less. The reason being that you probably are wiping and then reloading a backup that still has some corrupt software in it. ios and android dont have the same kind of "clone" backups as bb10 has, so they dont get these issues.
    If you want to avoid anymore issues, start fresh. Open bb link, and do an OS reload (will download and run the latest autoloader on your device). Dont load any backup, or only load a backup of your apps, but not of your settings/contacts/sms.

Make a backup regardless, just in case you later find out you've lost some important files.
    I havent had a corrupt sms thread on my passport or z30, I do remember my z10 having that issue though.
    I've already had to do this once and it was a nightmare. Didn't fix anything other than deleting the chat-threads that were permanently Un deletable. These woes started when the first BlackBerry os 10 software came out

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-23-17 08:03 AM
    Are these sms Group texts? All it would take is the sender how has device issues throwing out their issues to all recipients.
    Or is it from a common sender?
    I once had a group text I got sucked into by somebody else, and my hub never became unstable, but for some reason my tone notifications went down the tubes.
    After fiddling with it for a while, Be Buzz and all, I deleted the group text and all went to normal.

This on a Z30.
    Only mostly personal messages. Sometimes I've had 3-4 month ongoing group messages with three total people involved go corrupt, but singular messages are far more common.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-23-17 08:04 AM
    Been using BB10 since day 1-ish and this is the first time I'm hearing about it. My current Passport though has been one of the glitchiest devices I have ever owned but I've never had an issue with Text.
    I have also been using BlackBerry os 10 since it's inception, and that's when this all started for me. It got the worst when I went from my 9930 to my z10, that was HORRIBLE. But I still have these issues on my pp.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    02-23-17 08:05 AM
    Also for what it's worth, I had a HUGE thread on this on the forum years ago when everybody was helping me. It was actually a super common issue for BlackBerry 10 devices. Look through my new-thread history, you'll probably find it. I'll try to work later when not working and link to the thread.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Last edited by 85_305; 02-23-17 at 09:07 AM.
    02-23-17 08:08 AM
    That's interesting and extremely unfortunate. I send and receive thousands of texts a month through work and personal reasons and have luckily never experienced this.

Hope you can find a solution! Let us know if you ever do.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 08:47 AM
    02-24-17 07:24 AM
    Can I ask the OP something? I mean this as no disrespect.

You went through all that to prove that BlackBerry has this text message problem, yet you have used a BlackBerry from at least 2012 and have used it all the way to 2017.

If this was such a big problem for you, why do you still use a BlackBerry??

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    02-24-17 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    In my family everione has problems and issues with androids and ios...with android every month and with ios every three month...I am using BlackBerry till 2006...neve ever had any problems or issues like them...may be you've downloaded something wrong or your mailbox is corrupted.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 03:42 AM
66 123