I purchased this for $8.75 on eBay (they sell for cheaper from China, but I got one from the USA which came quickly)...

New Qi Wireless Charger Charging Receiver Module for Samsung Universal Black | eBay

I plugged it in my BB Passport unlocked... I swung it around the back of the Passport & put it back in its StilGut case (which has a hold in feature quite similar to the BB hard case, holds by the 2 sides, no glue). I Swung the cover around the back (which, in the StilGut case, folds nice & flat to the rear without any lift) ...slapped that puppy on my QI charger & slid it to center it nicely... baddabing, baddaboom ...charging right now. Yippeee !!

My only wish would be that the connector have a PASS-THROUGH so I could use it for other features... but, waddaya want for that cheap !!
    04-26-15 03:25 PM
    Sweet, do you have some photos?

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    04-26-15 03:39 PM
    Wait...which Passport model are you talking about?
    04-26-15 03:39 PM
    the thing is entirely not seen ...it has a really small connector for the microUSB slot that is not sticking out, & it flips underneath the phone inside the case behind the phone inside so it is unseen altogether ...no glue, no opening up the fone to ruin the thing or the warranty, took less than 10 seconds to hook it up ...hardest part was opening the envelope it came in...
    Sweet, do you have some photos?

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    04-26-15 03:44 PM
    the regular square unlocked passport purchased from BB directly... NOT the ATT one (although I use ATT service) ...I am in love with this thing again ...I am now shopping for a QI Stand for it Charging it right now on a flat QI charger right through the case with the cover folded around back flat !! Yay !!
    Wait...which Passport model are you talking about?
    04-26-15 03:47 PM
    I was thinking of doing that to my z30 but I spaced on the idea. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 03:54 PM
    don't rush out to buy ... I am having some issues ...no passport is complaining it is not able to recognize the charger ...use original ... sheesh, my original charger has never left the box...
    04-26-15 04:56 PM
    So it's not charging at all?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 05:11 PM
    I am getting the warning about "cannot determine what charger" and it does not charge ...was charging like a champ ...BB must have some crapware in there to try to force you to purchase OEM overpriced stuff... will report if better with another charger ...this one was doing fine but then stopped ...tried plugged into outlet as well as into usb from computer...
    04-26-15 05:16 PM
    Good luck with it! I hope you find the solution to it, it'll give Passport owners an alternative.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 05:22 PM
    So you still need to plug in something to the phone.
    04-26-15 05:23 PM
    I am confused by this ...I don't understand what is different about the current supplied ...wow !!
    04-26-15 05:46 PM
    I am confused by this ...I don't understand what is different about the current supplied ...wow !!
    The Passport comes with a 1200mA charger and you're trying to use a cheap Qi accessory that can only output 800mA-1000mA (so it can't even output a stable amount?...). What about this are you confused about?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 05:55 PM
    maybe some smartie could look at the code in the ATT version with QI to see how the detection notification works & figure a way to sachesi the code into the regular passport ??
    04-26-15 05:58 PM
    not correct ...the passport charger in the box from Blackberry is 680mA output... of that, I am not confused ...usb output type chargers via AC brick give out only what the device takes ...if the output is 680mA, it doesn't become higher... so
    04-26-15 06:39 PM
    M8, the Passport's charger is not 680mA.
    04-26-15 07:13 PM
    sorry, my error ...1300mA
    M8, the Passport's charger is not 680mA.
    04-26-15 07:21 PM
    I once tried to add wireless charging to my z10. Got a wireless charger receiver thin pad that is supposed to go either under the back cover or under the case. And it connects to USB port. It didn't work for me as the pad is about 1 millimeter in thickness and it bulges the case a lot.
    It was working fine from charging perspective. I measured the flow about 450mA. Then I learned that USB needs 4 contacts if you want speed charging otherwise host will limit the current to under 500mA for legacy compatibility. My pad had 2 contacts in USB port only. The trick was to align pad with wireless charger center and then it was not heating much and giving good current.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:24 PM
    May I assume it might be poor connectivity at the level of the microUSB inasmuch as it worked initially for over an hour just fine? Maybe the manufacture of the connector is not great? Maybe I will try cleaning the contacts with some contact cleaner... I will fiddle with it tomorrow & report...
    I once tried to add wireless charging to my z10. Got a wireless charger receiver thin pad that is supposed to go either under the back cover or under the case. And it connects to USB port. It didn't work for me as the pad is about 1 millimeter in thickness and it bulges the case a lot.
    It was working fine from charging perspective. I measured the flow about 450mA. Then I learned that USB needs 4 contacts if you want speed charging otherwise host will limit the current to under 500mA for legacy compatibility. My pad had 2 contacts in USB port only. The trick was to align pad with wireless charger center and then it was not heating much and giving good current.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:43 PM
    Goodluck with finding a solution. Hopefully it will work. Will hover over this thread and fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:49 PM
    May I assume it might be poor connectivity at the level of the microUSB inasmuch as it worked initially for over an hour just fine? Maybe the manufacture of the connector is not great? Maybe I will try cleaning the contacts with some contact cleaner... I will fiddle with it tomorrow & report...
    No, the problem is the cheap Qi accessory that can not provide a constant charge that the Passport requires, which in this case is 1300mA.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:23 PM
    So, why doesn't BB make such an add-on available ...or a part to upgrade the unlocked PP to let us QI charge ...BB is a company that is not loath to generate regrets... earlier, when the QI thing worked right away, I was elated ...then it stopped, drat ...I am wondering if the QI cannot detect the difference between partial & full charge ...I will run down the battery & try it again ...maybe that's the problem...
    04-26-15 08:41 PM
    No, the problem is the cheap Qi accessory that can not provide a constant charge that the Passport requires, which in this case is 1300mA.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so. If passport is connected to USB port in PC or laptop then it will charge no more than 500mA.

Likely the cable got damaged. My pad had quite thin cable prone to physical damage.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:47 PM
    So, why doesn't BB make such an add-on available ...or a part to upgrade the unlocked PP to let us QI charge ...BB is a company that is not loath to generate regrets... earlier, when the QI thing worked right away, I was elated ...then it stopped, drat ...I am wondering if the QI cannot detect the difference between partial & full charge ...I will run down the battery & try it again ...maybe that's the problem...
    Because wireless charging is weak just like charging from your computer. Any weak charger will give this notification, especially a cheap chinese one. It's not because BlackBerry hates you. The charger can't supply a constant and powerful current
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-26-15 08:52 PM
    alright then, I have a coupl'a a/c wall chargers sold by BB output 680mA as OEM for passport ...I will try that tomorrow & see if that will charge... sheesh !!
    04-26-15 08:56 PM
57 123