Hi All,

I'm currently using an iPhone 5s but looking to change in the next couple of days.

I'm currently eyeing up The BB Passport and the Samsung Note 4.

My main use is for business (email, calendar) and I'm synched with my work Exchange Servers. I do, however, use the phone for personal and I'm concerned about the lack of apps on the BB.

There are specific apps I use that are not on BB World or Amazon but are on Google Play (I have an account there from an old Android time).

I've heard that whilst apps can be side loaded onto PP they don't always work. So can any one help me please with these specifics:

ToDo Cloud, Nationwide Bank, mSecure, Sky Go, Sky WiFi, BBC News and Sport (I understand the versions on World aren't really apps).

I much prefer the look and build of the Passport and I really don't need all that fancy bloat of the Samsung but if I can't make the PP work for my whole life (I only have one mobile) I'll have to drift to the dark side.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    12-17-14 11:23 AM
    ToDo Cloud, Nationwide Bank, mSecure, Sky Go, Sky WiFi, BBC News and Sport (I understand the versions on World aren't really apps).
    Nationwide Bank works fine. It'll crash the first couple of times that you run it after installation as it updates itself. Rebooting may help make this less painful. It's fine after it settles, however.

You may notice that the Check Deposit function does not allow you to change the camera ratio. You may also have issues focusing on the check image in low light conditions (and the flash may cause glare). This can result in some unsatisfactory imaging, but I've always managed to get a deposit approved if I finagle the capture conditions a bit.
    12-17-14 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. Just to be clear I'm talking about the Nationwide Building Society (UK) as opposed to the Nationwide US.
    12-17-14 01:02 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. Just to be clear I'm talking about the Nationwide Building Society (UK) as opposed to the Nationwide US.
    Oh, sorry about that. I only have the Nationwide Mobile Banking app that can be found in Snap/Google Play store.
    12-17-14 01:07 PM
    No need to apologise; I really appreciate the response. Just so I'm getting this right - you are US? and the app is for a US bank?
    12-17-14 01:17 PM
    Correct -- in the US with a US bank. If they have a different version of the app for UK, then I can't comment on the functionality of that. I also don't have the Nationwide Insurance app, just in case that's another one in question for you.
    12-17-14 01:21 PM
    I have BBC news and sport. Uploaded via SNAP. Woks fine. I've yet to have any of issues with the apps I've obtained through SNAP (knock on wood).

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:22 PM
    Thanks Peter. Knocking them off one by one. The Passport is getting closer !
    12-17-14 01:26 PM