This happens randomly. Every once in a while I notice that my Passport battery is really draining. I go to the device monitor and notice that Skype is running and using about 8-10% CPU load.

Thinking I accidentally opened the app, I close it. But it doesn't close the regular way (opening and closing inside the app). So I try to close it within the device monitor. Still running in the background drawing CPU cycles. There is just no way to close it. Keeps running.

With Skype running like this, the battery that would normally last 2 days, is gone in 6 hours.

Any thoughts?
    12-24-14 06:57 AM
    I had the same problem. I don't use Skype but I saw one morning that it was using up 9% of the battery which was draining fast. The solution for me was to delete Skype from the system.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 07:01 AM
    You need to close Skype by signing out in the app. Works like that by design. Same on Android.
    Last edited by sedat; 12-24-14 at 07:56 AM.
    12-24-14 07:33 AM
    You need to close Skype by logging out in the app. Works like that by design. Same on Android.
    Tried that. It doesn't work. I think you meant "Sign out".
    12-24-14 07:34 AM
    Also did you try turning off contacts sync in the Skype settings?
    12-24-14 07:57 AM
    Also did you try turning off contacts sync in the Skype settings?
    I can't seem to locate that option. Where is it?
    12-24-14 08:01 AM
    12-24-14 08:39 AM
    Thanks! Will give it a shot.

Perhaps the contacts were syncing in the background.... hmmmm...
    12-24-14 08:43 AM
    Yes, the contact always syncing in the background. A really weird thing happened to me last week was that, I used Skype on my laptop for a few hours. All in sudden, my Passport battery drains like there is no tomorrow. Then I checked and found the same thing that Skype was the issue! I didn't even have it open and logged on on my phone. After signing out and closed the app from Device Monitor, it didn't help. So I rebooted and all went back to normal. So in case you find battery continues to drain after closing and signing out Skype app from your device.
    12-24-14 08:49 AM
    I've had the same problem on my Passport with different Android apps. Even though you exit out of the app the app doesn't close for some reason. Sometimes I can just go into the Device Monitor and close the app manually. When that doesn't work, I reset the phone.

Can't wait for 10.3.1. I'm hoping this issue has been addressed.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 08:50 AM
    Had same problem with Skype, had drained my battery even I didn't open it!
    I just deleted it because anyway I nearly never used it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-14 01:13 PM
    Well, I disabled contacts sync and things were good for a while.... I just noticed my battery draining and checked the device monitor....

.... Skype is running in the background again, consuming around 14% of my CPU!

This is ridiculous. I have to uninstall this app.

I will try reinstalling it again when 10.3.1 comes out.
    12-24-14 03:43 PM
    Running the android version of Skype is a battery drain waiting to happen. Did you try the bb10 version? It will work little better but the skype app for android and bb10 are equally awful.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-24-14 04:08 PM
    I was running the one from BlackBerry World. It is an Android port, there is no native BB10 Skype app.
    12-24-14 04:11 PM
    Ah ha. I didn't know that. Either way, skype sucks and I ended up deleting the app.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-24-14 04:18 PM
    Had the same exact thing happen to me. Couldn't figure out what I had done wrong (or hadn't done - maybe 'contacts sync'?) so I ended up just deleting the app. Skype is a pretty cumbersome program for as simple as it should be. Holding on to hope that BBM will have cross platform video chat. Maybe even a desktop version...

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-14 07:23 PM
    I'm running the blackberry app. And constantly close with ghost commander, but seems to be running in background again.
    Though I don't notice much of a drain from it.

Passport on ATT
    12-24-14 07:31 PM
    I'm running the blackberry app. And constantly close with ghost commander, but seems to be running in background again.
    Though I don't notice much of a drain from it.

Passport on ATT
    Have a look at the last 48 hours history on Device Monitor. It seems to activate and deactivate randomly.
    12-28-14 08:30 AM