How about a new commercial from BlackBerry featuring rhe Passport and the Huey Lewis song "Hip To Be Square" in the background??? Lol.... anyone from BlackBerry reading this?
    08-26-14 08:25 PM
    I love Huey Lewis! Such a good idea.
    Hazo likes this.
    08-26-14 08:42 PM
    Haha I had this same thought a few days ago!

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    08-26-14 11:35 PM
    Haha! I like it!! Nothing drastic. They can. Make different commercials with different types of people just walking or sitting and using they Passports for different things while that song plays. Simple 20-30 second spots. A good teaser spot will always peak interest.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    08-27-14 05:03 AM
    I originally thought that this would be a perfect idea. Now I think that it wouldn't match the target audience for the device. The device is being targeted to business as a productivity tool. So, how does being "hip" have anything to do with productivity? Hewy Lewis is also 64 years old. Not someone you would consider hip now a days. And the song came out in 1986. So you can just hear the responses now. Your are using an old song from an old singer to advertise a old blackberry.

I just don't think that it would be good advertising for the target audience. If they were targeting this to consumers, then it might be ok.
    austriker likes this.
    08-27-14 05:26 AM
    Give it up guys. How dare you use BlackBerry and advertising in the sentence?

Blackberry always.....
    08-27-14 09:24 AM
    I originally thought that this would be a perfect idea. Now I think that it wouldn't match the target audience for the device. The device is being targeted to business as a productivity tool. So, how does being "hip" have anything to do with productivity? Hewy Lewis is also 64 years old. Not someone you would consider hip now a days. And the song came out in 1986. So you can just hear the responses now. Your are using an old song from an old singer to advertise a old blackberry.

I just don't think that it would be good advertising for the target audience. If they were targeting this to consumers, then it might be ok.
    Sadly true still a good song but yeah maybe too old. Haven't seen any new BlackBerry ads lately - I wonder if John Chen has a plan for this. Especially since it's nearly September....
    08-27-14 09:37 AM
    Is the Passport square?

Posted via Verizon Z30
    08-27-14 03:31 PM
    the NEW BB PassPort, the New Square, which is Hip, Sick and a Total Blazing Business Machine!

Its Hip to be SQUARE! BLACKBERRY
    08-27-14 04:00 PM
    Good idea...but if BlackBerry is truly wishing to sell the Passport to Enterprise, Gov, Healthcare and other regulated industries, i'm not sure our beloved anthem from 1980's is the correct song choice. Maybe leave that song choice to the carriers
    08-27-14 04:06 PM
    I am a 63 year old Architect (Chen's supposed target - having mentioned my discipline by name), like Huey Lewis, as does my hip 24 year daughter.

I think this is one of the better ideas being presented. After all, most of us enterprise users are not 'hipsters'.
    Hazo likes this.
    08-27-14 04:17 PM
    I hear what everyone is saying about the target audience, but I believe they can target BOTH markets with this product. The Enterprise market is already going to be interested, so if there is away to generate interest from the younger crowd.....the hipsters, so to speak.... I see it as a major and unexpected win.

I know lots of younger people who still love Huey Lewis and his songs...it's pretty much Classic Rock.
    08-27-14 04:47 PM
    This "idea" has been around quite some time now, google it. Actually, it would be a good idea from BB to use this tune cause it's optimistic, catchy and suits the Passport.
    08-27-14 04:57 PM

Hmm...I like it!
    08-27-14 06:54 PM
    How about a new commercial from BlackBerry featuring rhe Passport and the Huey Lewis song "Hip To Be Square" in the background??? Lol.... anyone from BlackBerry reading this?
    Just my opinion, but a few major problems here.

First, the phone isn't square, the screen is. But so is my 9900's screen. Is that hip too?

Second, it's an old song. From....the 80's. Apple uses songs that have barely broken out.

Third, the message "it's hip to be square" is just too direct. You're basically trying to say to people "trust us, this phone is cool" instead of just somehow showing that it's cool.

Personally, I think if BlackBerry ever gets it together and creates a new ad campaign and buzz....they could use "Back in Black" while showing awesome cool features of the phone and dramatically lit sexiness. It says "we're back". Yea, that song is old too, but a classic and very powerful. Hip to be square was a novelty song.
    08-27-14 07:16 PM
    As long as the song isn't "If this is it"!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 09:22 PM
    Just my opinion, but a few major problems here.

First, the phone isn't square, the screen is. But so is my 9900's screen. Is that hip too?

Second, it's an old song. From....the 80's. Apple uses songs that have barely broken out.

Third, the message "it's hip to be square" is just too direct. You're basically trying to say to people "trust us, this phone is cool" instead of just somehow showing that it's cool.

Personally, I think if BlackBerry ever gets it together and creates a new ad campaign and buzz....they could use "Back in Black" while showing awesome cool features of the phone and dramatically lit sexiness. It says "we're back". Yea, that song is old too, but a classic and very powerful. Hip to be square was a novelty song.
    Very much agree. You can't TELL people you're cool, they'll never want you. You must exude coolness- which the Passport already does. I still protest a better song for BB's campaign for the Passport should be "my neck, my back" by Khia (explicit version, of course). It's the song I hear in my head every time I lay my eyes on it from any angle.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    08-27-14 09:55 PM
    If you want to go anywhere in this world
    ...you're going to need a Passport...

Z30 144GB
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    08-28-14 06:24 AM