If you were browsing a web page with the legacy trackpad, you could move the cursor around and then if you wanted to press a button on the page, all you had to do was press the trackpad and it would click. How does the same function work on the Passport? Please don't tell me you have to tap the screen. I hope they made it so you can operate for most things without having to touch the glass.
    10-07-14 09:11 AM
    I'm willing to bet you can "click" any key to activate a link, but I better ask an owner...
    10-07-14 09:33 AM
    I'm willing to bet you can "click" any key to activate a link, but I better ask an owner...
    Yes I was considering that possibility...but I thought maybe it would confuse with actually typing letters in a field. I'm hoping the spacebar is the click...since probably no-one ever types a space as the first character when filling in a field.
    10-07-14 09:37 AM
    Anyone?

Posted via Q10Bold
    10-07-14 09:38 AM
    Sounds like a negative...
    10-07-14 10:23 AM
    You don't get a mouse pointer to select anything when in a web browser. The keyboard just has a scroll function. When editing text, the keypad will move the cursor box.
    10-07-14 10:29 AM
    The keyboard doesn't do a lot of the things the old track pad did. I too hoped there might be a mouse curser in the browser again, but no. The keyboard does typing things and scrolling mainly. No navigation, except for the one trick I know of in the Twitter app.
    10-07-14 11:09 AM
    You don't get a mouse pointer to select anything when in a web browser. The keyboard just has a scroll function. When editing text, the keypad will move the cursor box.
    I'm glad I asked the question. Looks like I'll be taking a serious look at the Classic then. I don't understand why nobody wants a cursor/pointer on a smartphone anymore. I can't imagine a better UI for trying to press little tiny buttons, some of which are really close together on websites that are designed to be viewed on a desktop.
    10-07-14 12:56 PM