Can I just take the sim out of the Z10 and plug it into the unlocked passport? Do I have full functionality that way? Do I have to go to AT&T and get a new sim and register it with their network?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:51 PM
    I have att and I switched my z10 for my new passport. All you need
    to do only is get a new sim cause the passport use nano sim card and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:02 PM
    Can I just take the sim out of the Z10 and plug it into the unlocked passport? Do I have full functionality that way? Do I have to go to AT&T and get a new sim and register it with their network?

Posted via CB10
    The Passport uses a nano-SIM, so you'll need to get one from AT&T. The micro-SIM in the Z10 is too big. Once you go into the store, they'll be able to add your account info to the new SIM card and you're good to go.

A side note is that AT&T doesn't yet officially recognize the Passport, so you'll get 4G despite the fact that the Passport has the appropriate LTE bands. To solve this problem, you can either wait for the official launch of the Passport on AT&T's network or have AT&T continue to use the IMIE number from your Z10.
    09-29-14 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I went from Z10 to Passport. Went to the at&t store for a nano-sim, no charge and it only took a few minutes. They didn't even ask to get my new IMEI. If you get LTE on your Z10, I would recommend not giving them the IMEI off your passport.

Alternatively, you can cut your micro-sim to be the size of a nano-sim. There are tools for sale on amazon to do this, or you can print a template and use a pair of scissors. (haven't tried this, but seems simple enough.)

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:18 PM
    The Passport uses a nano-SIM, so you'll need to get one from AT&T. The micro-SIM in the Z10 is too big. Once you go into the store, they'll be able to add your account info to the new SIM card and you're good to go.

A side note is that AT&T doesn't yet officially recognize the Passport, so you'll get 4G despite the fact that the Passport has the appropriate LTE bands. To solve this problem, you can either wait for the official launch of the Passport on AT&T's network or have AT&T continue to use the IMIE number from your Z10.
    Yep...the key is for the IMEI to be from a device they recognize so they will send you LTE signals. If they do not recognize the IMEI they will fall back to std 4G smartphone data.
    09-29-14 02:39 PM
    What if I sell my z10? Will they be able to register the imei on two accounts?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:54 PM
    I went from Z10 to Passport. Went to the at&t store for a nano-sim, no charge and it only took a few minutes. They didn't even ask to get my new IMEI. If you get LTE on your Z10, I would recommend not giving them the IMEI off your passport.

Alternatively, you can cut your micro-sim to be the size of a nano-sim. There are tools for sale on amazon to do this, or you can print a template and use a pair of scissors. (haven't tried this, but seems simple enough.)

Posted via CB10
    I just took my Passport to AT&T to switch out my micro simcard to a nano sim and they couldn't transfer the contacts yet because they don't have the software for the passport yet. Did you have the same issue?
    09-30-14 07:45 PM
    am from kenya how can this happen currently using z10
    10-31-14 01:02 PM
    I just took my Passport to AT&T to switch out my micro simcard to a nano sim and they couldn't transfer the contacts yet because they don't have the software for the passport yet. Did you have the same issue?
    10-31-14 01:06 PM