Hi, are there anything on settings that can prevent Passport turning off when go to standy mode or locked the screen?
    Just wonder as I have tried a few times the passport have been turn off (accidentally) after I put it into my Jeans pocket.
    03-16-15 04:27 AM
    Yeah it happended to me twice within several weeks and it was also in my jean's pocket. I believe it is due to the power button is easily to be pressed down. Only way I can do is I have to slip in the phone with top end of the phone staying up. Sorry to say I haven't seen a single phone with the function you require. I am ex-iPhone user, know the hardware difference between these two, at here the power button is a good example. But I still love my Passport very much since I dropped iPhone with no regrets. Cheers!

Posted Via My Pure White Passport SQW100-1 Born on 17/11/2014 somewhere in Mexico.
    03-16-15 08:05 AM
    Just to clarify, you mean it opens up when you put it in your pocket?
    03-16-15 02:28 PM
    Just to clarify, you mean it opens up when you put it in your pocket?
    Open up? Yes, in the pocket the phone will turn on by itself.

B4 put in the pocket, I will lock the phone by pressing and holding alphabet "K". So like this, even power button is accidentally pressed and it won't be right in the "usable" mood because password is required (unless no password set). The issue here is due to the not so good power button mechanism design or my unit has defects. Wish BB will improve when next one comes up.
    03-16-15 05:24 PM
    Open up? Yes, in the pocket the phone will turn on by itself.

B4 put in the pocket, I will lock the phone by pressing and holding alphabet "K". So like this, even power button is accidentally pressed and it won't be right in the "usable" mood because password is required (unless no password set). The issue here is due to the not so good power button mechanism design or my unit has defects. Wish BB will improve when next one comes up.

Can you teach me how to do the setup? I have set both device password and picture password, and after I lock the device, it doesn't require any password if I want to power off.
    03-16-15 09:55 PM
    Pls go to Settings => Security And Privacy => Device Password => Lock device after => you choose the time. As the pic shows here.
    Cheers!

How to prevent Passport power off when it is on standby mode / lock screen-img_20150317_124701.png

Posted Via My Pure White Passport SQW100-1 Born on 17/11/2014 somewhere in Mexico.
    03-16-15 11:51 PM