Just wondering how many people have moved over from iOS and are currently happy with the passport and plan on staying.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 11:56 AM
    Just received my SE passport this morning! Still getting used back to BB 10! Not planning yet to do a complete switch! Both system r good according to me! Blackberry is more professional while ios is multimedia! If I get a good price for my iphone 6 I think I will sell it to keep the SE passport! May be my mind will change from here! Lol!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 02:57 PM
    I used to carry an iPhone as well an Android. Now I carry a Passport and a Z30. And I'm here to stay

Posted from my  Z30 � STA100-2/10.3.1.2558
    08-19-15 03:04 PM
    I just got my pp! Love it I came from windows phone

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-15 03:11 PM
    *Raises hand*

Came from an iPhone 6, and couldn't be happier.
    08-19-15 03:12 PM
    I bought BlackBerry Passport (October 2014) after 7 years on all Apple phones. I sold my Blackberry Passport (Black) in April and I bough new red one. BlackBerry Passport is unbeatable :-)
    08-19-15 03:19 PM
    Loving the enthusiasm so far. We all know BlackBerry has a very loyal fan base. Unfortunately apple does as well along with an entire eco system. Cracking that nut is the only way BlackBerry will be recognized again with respect to hardware. That's why I'm trying to get as many people honestly reply to this thread.
    Are we talking a couple of dozen or a few thousand?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 03:34 PM
    I'll add this to my previous post.

I've been on iOS since '08 with the odd switch to Android and WP.

I've just brought another user over to BB... My ex-wife
    08-19-15 03:52 PM
    After having the IPhones since the beginning, I switched to BlackBerry with the Z30, I couldn't stand Apple and their ecosystem anymore. Now I have a passport and I love it, really. Just ordered the Passport SE. I hate IOS now...

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 03:59 PM

Now try to turn her to an actual wife again because she deserves it now.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-19-15 04:04 PM

I guess I should add that I'm a BlackBerry user. My wife though transferred over from Apple about 4 months ago. She's on a pp. She loves it! And she s staying.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:04 PM
    Now try to turn her to an actual wife again because she deserves it now.

Fairly sure that my current wife would see that as a bad choice. My ex is my best friend, and it'll stay that way.
    08-19-15 04:21 PM
    I came from a 6 Plus, and I am glad to be free from arbitrary phone capacity sizes and that prison otherwise known as iTunes.

Never again. BB to the end.
    08-19-15 04:22 PM
    I have both. There is something I always liked about BlackBerry in terms of both hardware and software had 4 or 5 devices before, even the Storm when everyone jumped on Iphones. IOS or Android never gave me the same enjoyment, though I had my share of those devices. BlackBerry seems just so much more refined and elegant.
    BUT I always felt it comes with a price.
    I have had the Silver Edition for not even a week and already had to talk to ATT tech support twice and also fiddle with some apps - even native BlackBerry apps - to make them work.
    So BlackBerry sure makes one work a little harder for the experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:23 PM
    I have both. There is something I always liked about BlackBerry in terms of both hardware and software had 4 or 5 devices before, even the Storm when everyone jumped on Iphones. IOS or Android never gave me the same enjoyment, though I had my share of those devices. BlackBerry seems just so much more refined and elegant.
    BUT I always felt it comes with a price.
    I have had the Silver Edition for not even a week and already had to talk to ATT tech support twice and also fiddle with some apps - even native BlackBerry apps - to make them work.
    So BlackBerry sure makes one work a little harder for the experience.

Posted via CB10
    Having both is acceptable as far as I'm concerned. It at least may be showing that people are starting to acknowledge BlackBerry. It has to start somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:27 PM
    I made the return to BlackBerry about 6 months ago. I think whether I stay or not may depend on whether I can get the double typing problem fixed.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 05:23 PM
    Just received my Passport in the mail yesterday and absolutely love it. I sold my iPhone 5s after having been with iPhone for close to 4 years now, with a few Androids in between. No regrets here so far. I honestly can't say I see myself going back. I had a few Blackberries yearssss back and have always missed it so I'm finally back!

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-19-15 05:38 PM
    Just received my Passport in the mail yesterday and absolutely love it. I sold my iPhone 5s after having been with iPhone for close to 4 years now, with a few Androids in between. No regrets here so far. I honestly can't say I see myself going back. I had a few Blackberries yearssss back and have always missed it so I'm finally back!

Posted via CB10
    But you do realize that the app ecosystem won't come close to the iPhone so good luck with the switch.

08-19-15 06:01 PM
    But you do realize that the app ecosystem won't come close to the iPhone so good luck with the switch.

The app situation is a given. I'm assuming people have accepted the app gap and have switched over to BlackBerry realizing that they're still satisfied with what BlackBerry is offering and decided to stay. For how long, I don't know.
    People willing to switch is at least acknowledging BlackBerry. And coming from Apple over to BlackBerry is huge. That's why I'm curious as to how many people respond.

Posted via CB10
    mmrshll likes this.
    08-19-15 06:10 PM
    The first touchscreen device I had was the first generation iPod touch which believe it or not had no app store for the longest time, you had to jailbreak it to install apps. Then I bought the second generation and third - after which the novelty of getting a new one every year wore off. That was when I was a kid and didn't mind where my time went.

My first smart phone was the HTC Magic, which although was a bit better at getting things done - sucked up a lot of my time always customizing it to the way I wanted the device to work and eventually became discontent after a year.

Then I switched to BlackBerry and haven't looked back since. Started off with the Pearl 3G, then the BlackBerry 9810, PlayBook and keyboard case (worst purchase I ever made), Dev Alpha B, Z10, Z30, and waiting on the shipping of the Passport SE.

There was always since that time has been something unique about BlackBerry -can't pinpoint to one single thing, but I feel naked without my BlackBerry. The same could not be said with my other devices. On top of that being Canadian I want BlackBerry to survive and have worked my **** off to convince people to at least try the new BlackBerry 10 models.

Go BlackBerry Go!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 06:14 PM
    In response to tw1g_007 because clearly I don't know how to work CB yet:

I'm aware of the lack of apps and I've already sideloaded the apps that I'll need. I left iPhone mainly to get away from the app ecosystem. My phone was polluted with things I didn't need and was not very aiding in the department of productivity. I work in IT so I'm not ignorant when it comes to this topic. I did plenty of research before my purchase and Blackberry won me over. And as the original poster stated, it's safe to assume that anyone who's making the switch to Blackberry is well aware of what they're getting into, at least when it comes to apps.

Blackberry Passport
    d4691, ZayDub and niftymu like this.
    08-19-15 09:23 PM
    I've had iPhones in the past but stopped using them for obvious reasons. Next up was Android phones but was never really happy with the OS and Google's never ending intrusion into my life. Now I'm onto my first Blackberry and am very pleased with my Passport as well as BB 10. It doesn't have the huge selection of apps, but then again, I'm suffering from app burnout anyway.

I f'n love Blackberry's secure operating system and don't really care that I might have to pay for an app here and there that is 'Built for Blackberry'. At least I can now control individual app permissions (this is awesome btw). I am SO done with iOS and Android.

I honestly feel like this a phone and operating system built for an adult.
    Last edited by 13Blackcoins; 08-19-15 at 11:01 PM.
    BBRYQ10, ZayDub and anon9347040 like this.
    08-19-15 10:48 PM
    In response to tw1g_007 because clearly I don't know how to work CB yet:

I'm aware of the lack of apps and I've already sideloaded the apps that I'll need. I left iPhone mainly to get away from the app ecosystem. My phone was polluted with things I didn't need and was not very aiding in the department of productivity. I work in IT so I'm not ignorant when it comes to this topic. I did plenty of research before my purchase and Blackberry won me over. And as the original poster stated, it's safe to assume that anyone who's making the switch to Blackberry is well aware of what they're getting into, at least when it comes to apps.

Blackberry Passport
    To have females working in IT is really a rarity and truly commendable. I work in that same field myself and to find females in our department is near impossible lol. I really hope the BlackBerry experience works out well for you because it's the most suitable platform as far as IT is concerned.

mmrshll likes this.
    08-19-15 11:13 PM
    I've had iPhones in the past but stopped using them for obvious reasons. Next up was Android phones but was never really happy with the OS and Google's never ending intrusion into my life. Now I'm onto my first Blackberry and am very pleased with my Passport as well as BB 10. It doesn't have the huge selection of apps, but then again, I'm suffering from app burnout anyway.

I f'n love Blackberry's secure operating system and don't really care that I might have to pay for an app here and there that is 'Built for Blackberry'. At least I can now control individual app permissions (this is awesome btw). I am SO done with iOS and Android.

I honestly feel like this a phone and operating system built for an adult.
    I agree with your thoughts 100%. To this day I can't bring myself to use an iPhone since it looks like a toy to me. Android has so many security issues due to its open source nature so I avoid that too.

13Blackcoins likes this.
    08-19-15 11:16 PM
    I was on iPhone from October 2010-spring 2015. In that time, I tried nexus 4 for a couple months, and WP for a few weeks, always to return to Apple because their phones just worked. Any app I wanted, it was there. Tried the PP for 2 weeks, in Nov '14, and when I tried to get away from iMessage, it was a struggle. People with iPhones kept trying to send iMessages, even though I disabled iMessage, went to the apple site and unregistered it with my number, had contacts delete old threads, delete me as a contact, and they would still try to send iMessages. So I went back to iPhone out of frustration. Finally I decided to ditch Apple all together, and got a Note 4 (current daily driver). I have a lumia 640 with windows 10 preview on it right now as a backup. Following the new devices coming out in November, the Slider and the Passport-like device running Android. (one of which will probably be my next phone) Although I have been thinking about getting an Android tablet for entertainment, and picking up a PP. lol. I'll probably hold off and see what the Android BB's have to offer in the fall.
    08-20-15 02:38 AM
35 12