Hello everyone,
    I am a newbie to BBOS & Blackberry Passport SE will be my 1st BB device. I've been using iOS for the past 6 years.When i ordered Passport SE, many of my colleagues & friends asked me not to book one. But i was very much impressed with Passport SE & BB10 OS. My only question to you guys is, How can i make use of BB Passport SE to the best. I use mainly 4 apps (whatsapp, Uber, Ola & a banking app). I will also be using my Iphone 4s as a backup for these apps. But since am new to BB10 OS, i Thought of getting some inputs from some seniors in this group. Do share your inputs so that i can make use of my BB Passport to the max.

PS: I will be using my Passport mainly for official use like office mails. Also let me know how can i use passport for my official purpose.
    Omonja likes this.
    10-26-16 01:33 PM
    Use your iPhone for the apps. The passport is perfect for email and messages. Learn to use the gestures and you'll eventually understand what a wonderful device the passport is and how well hub is integrated. It is all quite seamless on bb10.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-26-16 01:51 PM
    It works great for emails and text. Setup color notifications so you quickly see if anything important needs attention. If you have a bit of technical skill add in the Cobalt Google tools and dump the iPhone. Passport SE is all you will need.
    10-26-16 03:59 PM
    I deleted cobalts playstore because I just hate Google. Download aptoide apk or 1mobile market or snap. Those are good third party android markets. If any apps require google play services, use cobalt on the desktop to take the notification out. Sucks for Uber though as you need play services so if you don't mind Google, use cobalts hack. It works great! Buy a great case, I'm using a wallet case. These phones are a work of art so you want to preserve them as long as you can.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 04:05 PM
    When i ordered Passport SE, many of my colleagues & friends asked me not to book one. But i was very much impressed with Passport SE & BB10 OS.
    jeez they are just jealous!
    don't listen to what people say and be proud of your new purchase. if you love the os that's already a great advantage! I also came to blackberry and was an iphone user before. the BB10 os is the best i've ever seen. I was endlessly impressed and the change was good for me as I was tired by years and years with the same phones.
    i'm sure you'll find a lot of good uses for it. I still have to get mine so I can't give you feedback on good apps and other recommendations but I can tell you to be confident about your device! be proud and congrats on it!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 06:56 PM
    Honestly. Everything youre used to doing is now going to be a hassle. Youre used to being able to do everything on your phone, unfortunately this phone will not be that. Be ready to (in time) love typing texts and emails...sadly, that will probably be it. Depending on your banking app, every other one you listed wont work unless you use cobalt. Be prepared to use many work arounds to attempt to make your Passport into a daily driver. Otherwise youre gonna be using two phones.

The phone is an absolute beauty though and techinally, is on par specs wise with a galaxy s5/iphone 6. It has everything internally to be great. Unfortunately with the death ( or moreso a ever growing lack ofnattention ) of BB10, thats all it will be outside ofnthengreat texting, hub and email exp.
    10-26-16 07:06 PM
    Try and learn the Keyboard shortcuts. Use keyboard shortcuts for frequent phone numbers, you can program a phone number to a letter.

With the app shortcut creator you can make many kinds of shortcuts esp to the web.

Last I new Snap can provide you access to the google play store for the very few you may want. No need to go full Cobalt and load all that extra stuff.
    10-26-16 07:58 PM
    Thanks all for your quick response.Which method do you people prefer for installing Android apps in PP SE. Is it Snap or Cobalt's method? I have read couple of posts where Battery Drain issue is there when following cobalt's method. Is it true?
    10-27-16 02:36 AM
    Thanks all for your quick response.Which method do you people prefer for installing Android apps in PP SE. Is it Snap or Cobalt's method? I have read couple of posts where Battery Drain issue is there when following cobalt's method. Is it true?
    If you are concerned with battery life it's always better to not rely on android apps. But, if it is a necessity, snap would be better with battery. But, snap is not in any ways better than the Google play store by cobalt. The integration is flawless in cobalt's menthod. So, it's your pick in the end.

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    10-27-16 03:16 AM
    First of all welcome aboard, I am just curious and it really makes me happy, now that it's like we are waiting for BlackBerry to announce the bbos shutdown still people are preferring to stick with bbos. For the matter of fact I too returned from Android Eco system to bbos I wonder why did I join the bbos so late when it's time that we are seeing an end.

Now for the apps I highly recommend you continue using the IOS. The app support is simply dead. All the apps were like last updated in may or before may except few.

Now why I bought a Passport Se
    Because it's a productive work horse, very comfortable for emails, reading articles, creating documents, Phone calls (I bet you will be impressed with the call quality)

Battery life is amazing

Build quality is way superior than any other phones out in the market for this price range.

Stereo speakers are awesome decent and at times its very loud clear and crisp.

Oddly shaped device but attention seekers, lot of people will ask you is BlackBerry still making phones, is that a pocket Pc or a calculator. You will cherish those moments.

PKB(physical keyboard) is what BlackBerry is well known for. The keyboard integration with the touch sensitive gestures on PKB you'll literally fall in love with it.

BBOS10 is highly gesture based and you will literally fall in love with it .
    Simple sober and intuitive UI.

Only part that you would hate the most is Camera, Focus is very slow and Poor.
    Dead App support.

BlackBerry Passport the WorkHorse!
    dmlis likes this.
    10-27-16 05:47 AM
    I would recommend you to use apkmirror.com just download the apk that you need, that way you would not want to sideload the Snap and Cobalt.

10-27-16 05:48 AM
    First of all welcome aboard, I am just curious and it really makes me happy, now that it's like we are waiting for BlackBerry to announce the bbos shutdown still people are preferring to stick with bbos. For the matter of fact I too returned from Android Eco system to bbos I wonder why did I join the bbos so late when it's time that we are seeing an end.

Now for the apps I highly recommend you continue using the IOS. The app support is simply dead. All the apps were like last updated in may or before may except few.

Now why I bought a Passport Se
    Because it's a productive work horse, very comfortable for emails, reading articles, creating documents, Phone calls (I bet you will be impressed with the call quality)

Battery life is amazing

Build quality is way superior than any other phones out in the market for this price range.

Stereo speakers are awesome decent and at times its very loud clear and crisp.

Oddly shaped device but attention seekers, lot of people will ask you is BlackBerry still making phones, is that a pocket Pc or a calculator. You will cherish those moments.

PKB(physical keyboard) is what BlackBerry is well known for. The keyboard integration with the touch sensitive gestures on PKB you'll literally fall in love with it.

BBOS10 is highly gesture based and you will literally fall in love with it .
    Simple sober and intuitive UI.

Only part that you would hate the most is Camera, Focus is very slow and Poor.
    Dead App support.

No better way to say it. You have listed everything, great!

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    10-27-16 08:15 AM
    Old motto "tools not toys" is still valid for Blackberry.
    Passport is very efficient tool. And Passport SE is (imho) a bit more ergonomic than original one.
    10-27-16 08:16 AM
    I applaud you for the jump. BB10 OS sooo good and efficient. Too bad not much apps for support.

Snap is a good way of getting Android apps on your phone without having to do "extra" stuff.
    10-27-16 08:19 AM
    I can only answer for the work-related stuff..
    You'll find that the Hub works wonders with emails, SMS and some notifications from some apps
    Use pinch to filter unread messages on the Hub
    Make use of the color coding scheme
    Priority Hub is also good for very important contacts
    The ability to view the attachments on the Hub is also useful

There's also the keyboard
    Once you get used to it, it really makes you productive
    Of course, its capacitive feature is awesome. Use it to scroll without touching the screen.
    Flick the word predictions for faster typing. Swipe to the left to erase a word. Swipe down for numbers and symbols.

And of course, there's the graceful multitasking ability of BB10..
    Maximize the swipe up to exit an app feature (then go in and out of open apps with ease), and the peek and flow gesture to briefly see what's on your Hub.

I'm sure there's lots more, but that's all I can think of now.. Enjoy your Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 09:04 AM
    Good for you. Enjoy your new device.
    10-27-16 09:30 AM
    Don't forget about BBM! It's functional on other OS's as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 10:04 AM
    I had a big issue getting uber to work. So much so that I was going to use a second phone. Here's the beauty, you will start to find so many easy work arounds. You can use the mobile site for uber and that works just fine for me. I get the same looks and I am in the bay area, I recently bought the SE for the $299 blowout.

Mobile site: https://m.uber.com/

Good lucky buddy.

Ra

Posted via CB10
    Chatbox likes this.
    10-27-16 06:17 PM
    The nice thing with BBOS is that you can use the browser to a site you frequently use && if the App isn't compatible you can create a desktop Icon that will take you right to that place. I've made a few of them. Just use the bottom right overflow menu & choose Add to homescreen. Works great!

Posted via CB10
    Chatbox likes this.
    10-27-16 07:04 PM
    Thanks a lot guys. I am sure Passport is gonna be quite interesting. Can somebody throw some light on the battery performance if i use whatsapp using cobalt's method? Will passport be left out with enough juice for a whole day or falls short?
    10-28-16 11:47 AM