I have some seriously old school hardware churning away...the oldest is a Powermac G3 Blue and White.

Sounds like your Mac needs a new hard drive...go with an SSD.

The replacement will be easier if it is a desktop.

Check out the low end mac website.
    Already did the drive replacement and it's an SSD - send my macs to what used to be called the Little mac Toy store in Palm Beach FL now Experimac. I think it's the OS more than the drive... doesn't give me any problems but when I do the disk utilities, I do the disk permissions first then check the drive or whatever the second diagnostic is - been a while since I ran it, no wonder I can't remember... will run it in the morning...

What's the low end mac site? I've been thinking about trying a mac air...

Love my passport... : )

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 08:57 PM
    http://lowendmac.com/

Talks about making the most of your apple gear and keeping them working.
    12-09-16 09:15 PM
    To everyone worried about the battery - it's the easiest "sealed" device i've ever opened to get e new battery into it.
    Two screws, the rest is clips.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-09-16 09:24 PM
    I have a 7 years old nokia n8, I use it as a GPS, but anytime I can stick a Sim card and fire up as phone. I replaced the battery last year, it has a similar built in as passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 03:08 AM
    Yes I think you can except for the battery. Someday it will start to get old until it won't hold a charge for more than 10 minutes. The only way would be replacing the battery every certain amount of years. But where will you be able to get a replacement battery in 5 years? Or 10 years? I still have my first phone ever which is the Nokia 9300, still works but the battery will last 20 minutes. If I make a call it will instantly die. I cannot find a battery anywhere. All ebay batteries are chinese fake

Posted via Passport SE
    12-10-16 04:52 AM
    http://lowendmac.com/

Talks about making the most of your apple gear and keeping them working.
    Don't know why it would let me leave a thumb's up tghank you...
    Thank you!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 08:40 PM
    Well you still can use legacy blackberry today.
    End of days it's depend on you requirements.

Posted from  Passport :Red Edition
    12-11-16 01:57 AM
    I have just received my Passport Silver. Solid stainless steel skeleton, Gorilla-glass, so I think that the lifetime of the battery will decide the lifetime of my Silver. For this reason it would be very useful to see some aftermarket solutions to renew/change the battery. I have some experiences with other devices from my Company (Silver is a private device): BB is some light years better to support business communication compared eg., to Samsung S6 (my current company phone), iPhone (earlier company device), etc. Only the Nokia devices were comparable from quality point of view, however without keyboard. Keyboard is a decisive advantage for me in the practice. Additionally, Passport is WebEx-capable (on the average I have five WebEx sessions per working day). And the price was also wonderful for Passport Silver at Amazon: 250 USD, unbelievable.
    12-11-16 10:23 AM
    ^whole body is plastic painted in metallic silver

Posted via Passport SE
    12-11-16 03:26 PM
34 12