I rely on Evernote to keep me organized. I was wondering if anyone has found that this app works better on the Passport than on a narrower device?

FYI, I'm using the Android version of the app because of the superior UI.

Thanks
    11-16-14 09:31 AM
    I'm using it. The native version is great on the passport. Much better then the Android version. Best part is BB10 can search through the native Evernote app and fine your note right away rather then go through finding it.
    11-16-14 10:41 AM
    Works well. I've used it to replace OneNote (coming from Windows Phone / Windows 8 ecosystem).
    11-16-14 10:56 AM
    Thanks. Thymaster with the native version of the app, can you send an email directly to Evernote? Right now I forward me emails to Evernote but I find all of the additional stuff you get when you forward an email annoying.
    11-16-14 11:07 AM
    Yes sending a note by email works great.
    11-16-14 11:46 AM
    I have been using Evernote and so far, I have been quite happy with it. I use it for my task list and my notes and I have even transferred most of my gMail and IOS notes over to it and so far, so good.
    11-16-14 11:55 AM
    Not sure what happened, but starting today after updating Evernote to 5.5.2.587, I can't search. When I do, the "Searching Notes" thing never goes away and I have to close Evernote.

I had version 5.5.1.561 before without problems. That is still the version on my Z30 on the same Evernote Premium account and it works fine.

I did use the Blitz method to update to PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

How is the Evernote experience on the Passport?-evernote-search-freeze.png

Entered on my BlackBerry Passport
    12-12-14 02:56 AM
    Evernote doesn't get the credit it deserves...moving from all sorts of devices has been a breeze with the app...i first stumbled on it on the Playbook and i have not looked back...all my memos now get saved on evernote...experience on the passport has been has stellar as the experience on all other devices
    12-12-14 03:10 AM
    Hey people, ould you explain Evernote a bit? Writing short notes? memos to remind yourself? Can you do letters and such?
    Is it saved on the phone or on the cloud?
    12-12-14 07:53 AM
    Not sure what happened, but starting today after updating Evernote to 5.5.2.587, I can't search. When I do, the "Searching Notes" thing never goes away and I have to close Evernote.

I had version 5.5.1.561 before without problems. That is still the version on my Z30 on the same Evernote Premium account and it works fine.

I did use the Blitz method to update to PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Evernote Search freeze.png 
Views:	1630 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	320242

Same here. Also, using global search from homescreen does nothing when I click Evernote for searching there.

From my mighty PassPort
    12-13-14 12:18 AM
    Evernote saves your stuff in the cloud and you can access them from any device with data connection

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    12-13-14 01:54 AM
    Missing function is the Work chat, in the Android and IOS versions is present.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:28 AM

Search not working for me either. 10.3.0.908

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:41 AM
    Hey people, ould you explain Evernote a bit? Writing short notes? memos to remind yourself? Can you do letters and such?
    Is it saved on the phone or on the cloud?
    You can use Evernote in a variety of ways. It's synced with the cloud, so a copy of the data is on your device (Device, meaning Computer, tablet, phone, etc). And a copy is saved on Evernote's servers. It's free for a basic account and with a paid account, you get more data, faster syncing and maybe other features, I'm not sure.

I use it to keep track of work I do for clients. I have a Notebook and in that notebook is a different note for each client. When I do some work for a client, I enter the info on my BlackBerry, usually. Then when I get back to my office, it's synced down to Evernote on my computer and I can use the data there to do my billing, add to it, etc.

it has more capabilities like pictures, todo lists and other things I don't use. I keep it to text only because the Playbook version only supports text.
    GeoK likes this.
    12-13-14 03:38 AM
    I have used Evernote for a while now and I even had it when I was on IOS and Android. I use it mainly for my notes and so far, no complaints.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-13-14 03:58 AM
    Thanks so far to those of you who responded...backron, thanks, walcolm....
    I know I had it downloaded, Evernote, and just haven't gotten around to using it.
    I had been using memo from BlackBerry that came with the phone. Since my Bold days, I when I went to another BB, those memos just came with me when I transferred to the new phone. Same with Passport.
    They are probably a mess, just jumble of notes and things, ideas, plans, wish lists,
    reminders for Xmas cards...ooohh, that reminds me. I need to write few out.
    Later!
    12-13-14 09:14 AM
    I'm still waiting on the dark theme, again, but it's a great BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:20 AM
    Anyone know how to enable reminders on the BB10 app? I use them in the desktop version...

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:55 AM
    I use the app seven days a week. I look for products and save the link in Evernote. Any notes or promotion codes are saved there as well. Right from my handheld device. I then have access to those notes from any computer, tablet or handheld. Since I alone do all the ordering this saves me from having to be "at the office" all the time. What it does for me is free up time. It's invaluable.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-13-14 11:43 AM
    Thanks so far to those of you who responded...backron, thanks, walcolm....
    I know I had it downloaded, Evernote, and just haven't gotten around to using it.
    I had been using memo from BlackBerry that came with the phone. Since my Bold days, I when I went to another BB, those memos just came with me when I transferred to the new phone. Same with Passport.
    They are probably a mess, just jumble of notes and things, ideas, plans, wish lists,
    reminders for Xmas cards...ooohh, that reminds me. I need to write few out.
    Later!
    Use it for everything.
    http://lifehacker.com/5989980/ive-be...tually-amazing

I'm a Onenote user myself, but same concept.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:56 PM

Same happened to me... just checked BlackBerry World and there was another update. This was the exact bug they fixed. Never used native search since I would want the app open anyway but it works just how it used to. Perhaps even faster now. The support on Evernote is awesome. They push out more updates than any other app I use.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-13-14 01:56 PM
    So would you guys say Onenote or Evernote is the better app for the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:00 PM
    So would you guys say Onenote or Evernote is the better app for the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    There is no OneNote app for the Passport. Microsoft is considering porting its Android app, but nothing has happened yet. There is an online poll on one of the MS sites asking if people would want OneNote on BB10. There's over 10,000 yes votes and several thousand positive comments, but it may not be enough to convince MS.

The biggest difference between ON and EN is freehand sketching in ON. It's the feature I use the most, and the reason why EN is not very useful to me.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-13-14 05:44 PM
    There is no OneNote app for the Passport. Microsoft is considering porting its Android app, but nothing has happened yet. There is an online poll on one of the MS sites asking if people would want OneNote on BB10. There's over 10,000 yes votes and several thousand positive comments, but it may not be enough to convince MS.

The biggest difference between ON and EN is freehand sketching in ON. It's the feature I use the most, and the reason why EN is not very useful to me.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Actually, Microsoft has recently told BlackBerry users to go pound sand. No version is forthcoming for BlackBerry.

The best way to get OneNote to work on your BlackBerry is to load one of the latest leaks with the updated Android runtime and then install OneNote via Snap.

I hate this myself because I use OneNote exclusively, and the freehand notes is something I rely on heavily.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    12-13-14 07:35 PM
    I use Evernote all the time, most of the time for meeting notes ( I warn people this is what I am doing so I don't appear that I am ignoring speakers and/or playing candy crush) and memos.
    I find it very intuitive , much more so than the native "remember " app

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.3062
    12-13-14 08:57 PM