I found the Passport to be the perfect icing on a pretty awesome cake (BB10). It's pretty much as you said already. I have but on thing to add.

It's not so much what you can do with the Passport that sets it apart, it's how it lets you do it so fluidly, without having to paddle upstream as it were. The Passport's physical ergonomics combine with BB10 to get out of your way and let you do what you want to do quickly, efficiently and accurately. It's an experience you don't quite get from other phones, even other BB10 phones (even though any other phone will let you accomplish the same tasks).

To put it in car terms, it's certainly not the fastest, but it is laid out thoughtfully and it handles very nicely; that just never grows old.
    01-17-17 03:13 PM
    Army Officer...we use Classics at work for security. Loved the email capability so I bought a Passport SE and never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    Chris Chin likes this.
    01-17-17 09:37 PM
    It just makes my life worth living

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    You're kidding, right?
    01-17-17 10:01 PM
    I found the Passport to be the perfect icing on a pretty awesome cake (BB10). It's pretty much as you said already. I have but on thing to add.

It's not so much what you can do with the Passport that sets it apart, it's how it lets you do it so fluidly, without having to paddle upstream as it were. The Passport's physical ergonomics combine with BB10 to get out of your way and let you do what you want to do quickly, efficiently and accurately. It's an experience you don't quite get from other phones, even other BB10 phones (even though any other phone will let you accomplish the same tasks).

To put it in car terms, it's certainly not the fastest, but it is laid out thoughtfully and it handles very nicely; that just never grows old.
    This!

Posted via CB10
    RockyRodger likes this.
    01-17-17 10:25 PM
    I also couldn't disagree more. Perhaps instead of simply bashing, offered explanations why you feel that is. Like say things like "may Snapchat won't load so I can make funny faces" or maybe "Facebook is only a webpage and the other apps don't work so well so I can't surf other people's more interesting lives". These reasons I could understand for someone who needs more out of life but the physical keyboard and HUB didn't help you? I'm sorry that is not possible. Unless you never needed them cause you don't text or type and only play games all day long.

You may want to consider then turning off al the BlackBerry features than came installed on the Priv, like the HUB. You can get near pure android experience on it that way. Good luck......?
    The "bashing" is simply an extension of my sense of humor and wasn't meant to be taken too seriously, though I do stand by my sentiments. Besides, you can't criticize my bashing when you immediately go on to bash Snapchat and Facebook, as well as me. Just saying, pal.

Also, your constricted and backwards view isn't my problem. The physical keyboard and Hub didn't help me. The physical keyboard was excessively elongated and less effective than most virtual keyboards, and the Hub was an awkward notification center with little to offer other than semi-disorganized clutter. As well, your subsequent reasoning is unsubstantiated and underdeveloped, and kinda-sorta ignorant.

I'm also not sure why you figure I should turn off "al" of the BlackBerry features on the PRIV. The Hub is even more useless on this model, yeah; so I have that disabled -- but I use the physical keyboard a bit, considering that it's an ergonomic step-up from the Passport. Some of the features I dig, some of them I don't.

I'll take a PRIV over the Passport, given the Passport's weird design and crappy OS, any day.
    01-18-17 07:25 PM
    It didn't. I loved the Passport at first, but had to carry a second phone (Android flagship) to run my two businesses and be able to interact with clients and customers. Once I got the PRIV, I don't need a second phone anymore. The PRIV keyboard is more like my old BBOS7 phones and my Q10 and Classic. I think Mercury is designed like traditional BlackBerry more because Passport design was just too different for most people including traditional BlackBerry loyalists.
    01-18-17 07:46 PM
    The "bashing" is simply an extension of my sense of humor and wasn't meant to be taken too seriously, though I do stand by my sentiments. Besides, you can't criticize my bashing when you immediately go on to bash Snapchat and Facebook, as well as me. Just saying, pal.

Also, your constricted and backwards view isn't my problem. The physical keyboard and Hub didn't help me. The physical keyboard was excessively elongated and less effective than most virtual keyboards, and the Hub was an awkward notification center with little to offer other than semi-disorganized clutter. As well, your subsequent reasoning is unsubstantiated and underdeveloped, and kinda-sorta ignorant.

I'm also not sure why you figure I should turn off "al" of the BlackBerry features on the PRIV. The Hub is even more useless on this model, yeah; so I have that disabled -- but I use the physical keyboard a bit, considering that it's an ergonomic step-up from the Passport. Some of the features I dig, some of them I don't.

I'll take a PRIV over the Passport, given the Passport's weird design and crappy OS, any day.
    Sounds like a limited experience with with the device. Hard to explain what some refuse to see.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 02:38 PM
32 12