I use an android and will move Back to BB at some point in the next six months.

My wife has an old iPhone 4s at home. Can I send that in to get the discount for the iPhone trade in? Or do I actually have to be using the phone?

I called blackberry but the person I spoke with didn't seem to know anything about any of the questions I was asking.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Last edited by Blackberryblade; 11-26-14 at 07:19 PM.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-26-14 06:56 PM
    go here they send a gift card for the amount https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/us/web/passport.html
    11-26-14 07:15 PM
    go here they send a gift card for the amount https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/us/web/passport.html
    Thank you AL.

What I can't figure out is if I have to be using the iPhone... I. E. Does it have to be hooked up to my service provider or can I just mail in an old iPhone that isn't being used?

11-26-14 07:21 PM
    If it's like their previous BlackBerry upgrade program, then they will provide you with a shipping label. All you need to do is just find a box, throw in the device along with the required documentation, then slap the shipping label on it.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 07:24 PM
    as long as its in working order no water damage or broken screens and clean imei
    11-26-14 07:25 PM
    Thanks

11-26-14 07:36 PM
    Wish they were doing it for androids. But there are so many I am sure the logistics of it is too much of a hassle to bother with. Only iphones in my house are 2 old 3g someplace in one of my junk drawers.
    11-26-14 09:54 PM
    I was going to do it, but they have screwed over any black friday deals.

The trade-up program goes into effect on Dec 1st and to be eligible you must purchase from Dec 1- Feb 13th, the black friday Passport deal on Amazon and shopblackberry.com both expire on November 30th, what a buzzkill!

I was going to get my Passport tonight and then trade in my i5S to get some of the money back, but I guess I can't now... booo (I am a college student trying to move back to BB10 while on a tight budget)
    11-26-14 10:02 PM
    I was going to do it, but they have screwed over any black friday deals.

The trade-up program goes into effect on Dec 1st and to be eligible you must purchase from Dec 1- Feb 13th, the black friday Passport deal on Amazon and shopblackberry.com both expire on November 30th, what a buzzkill!

I was going to get my Passport tonight and then trade in my i5S to get some of the money back, but I guess I can't now... booo (I am a college student trying to move back to BB10 while on a tight budget)
    Depending on flash size and condition, you should get $200+ for your phone with no additional effort from gazelle.com. Send the phone to gazelle, buy the passport, and the net cost is $300 or less. Maybe even close to $200.

Or if you have additional time to spend you can sell the 5S directly and your net cost will be even less.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 11-26-14 at 11:10 PM.
    11-26-14 10:33 PM
    it's a 64gb gold model in almost mint condition. I will see what it's going for on eBay, I really want the passport (so tired of typing on glass + this OS is so boring)
    bluetroll and Andy_bb_king like this.
    11-26-14 10:36 PM
    Alright Blackberry, you've done it again... Just submitted my order for the Passport + a 64gb sdhc and some screen protectors. Calling this an early christmas gift to myself

Woot for black friday!

..... and now to list this iToy on eBay to recoup some of that well-spent cash
    qwertyhgfdsa likes this.
    11-27-14 09:24 AM