AT&T Passport user here, and I'm wondering how OS10.3.1 does garbage collection and management. For example, do I need to delete old text messages and emails after a while? (note this a personal PP, not a corporate one). How about severe weather notices from BeWeather Pro, or news notices from USAToday... This is a long winded way to say do I actively need to manage these notices and messages, or does the OS take care of them for me? If I should be pruning them, and I don't what is the risk?
    05-28-15 11:04 AM
    Keeping them doesn't pose any risk, I imagine after a lot of Hub Messages it can start to slow down, but that will take a hell of a lot of messages.. I mean a hell of a lot
    Keeping them doesn't pose any risk, I imagine after a lot of Hub Messages it can start to slow down, but that will take a hell of a lot of messages.. I mean a hell of a lot
    hamilgs likes this.
    05-28-15 11:13 AM
    messages get stored/arranged into conversations; so sending 1000's of texts every month with your wife for example will only result in 1 entry in your hub, only if you click on the conversation will the messages be opened.

pro-tip for new users: you can 'pinch-to-zoom' to switch between 'all' and 'unread' views in the hub. pressing "T" takes you to the top "B" bottom, "spacebar" advances one page and "U" takes you to the next unread message.
    05-28-15 06:38 PM
    Nice! Didn't know about the pinch to zoom function in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:48 PM
    What you described is not garbage collection. Thread title had me interested, actual comment had me confused.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    modifier likes this.
    05-28-15 09:31 PM
    Isn't garbage collection automatic in BB10?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:36 PM
    joekiser: I probably got the term wrong, perhaps memory management is better? What is the appropriate term for the (perceived) need to manage messages, messages with attachments, notices, etc?
    05-29-15 10:45 AM
    joekiser: I probably got the term wrong, perhaps memory management is better? What is the appropriate term for the (perceived) need to manage messages, messages with attachments, notices, etc?
    Generally speaking your emails and texts don't get deleted by anyone but you. I think you'd see some outrage if any company deleted them for you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    hamilgs likes this.
    05-29-15 10:48 AM
    Generally speaking your emails and texts don't get deleted by anyone but you. I think you'd see some outrage if any company deleted them for you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Well emails are removed automatically(not deleted, just not synced on the device) , I think by default it's set to a week but you can increase it to a max of 30 days. Text etc is all up to u.

Posted via CB10
    hamilgs likes this.
    05-29-15 01:23 PM