I have a Blackberry Passport. It works great, but I wanted to get one in a different color. So I bought a second BlackBerry Passport and am selling my old one.

I need to transfer my data, including Password Keeper database, email accounts, Blackberry Travel, etc. from my old Passport to my new Passport. I've checked out Blackberry's website, and found an app called "Device Switch." But it doesn't transfer Password Keeper data, and a lot of other important things like saved Wi-Fi settings, Browser Bookmarks, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas to transfer the data, especially the account settings and Password Keeper data?

I have an SD card in my old Passport which I will use with my new Passport.
    02-15-15 07:46 AM
    Just plug the new device into BlackBerry Link.

It will guide u thru switching to a new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    MasterJediDan likes this.
    02-15-15 07:48 AM
    I used Blackberry Link as well, transferring from Z10 to Passport.
    Everything was a breeze.
    Just make sure you back up your old device using BlackBerry Link, then you can do the transfer. It will guide you through the whole process.

All my device settings, app data, and of course my Password Keeper were transferred completely.

Good luck!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-15-15 08:17 AM
    I used Blackberry Link as well, transferring from Z10 to Passport.
    Everything was a breeze.
    Just make sure you back up your old device using BlackBerry Link, then you can do the transfer. It will guide you through the whole process.

All my device settings, app data, and of course my Password Keeper were transferred completely.

Good luck!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    My experience was easy as well.

Working WIDE on my T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Non-Destructive Upgrade to 10.3.1.2243.
    02-15-15 08:53 AM
    Switch with BlackBerry link, I did this between Z30 and Passport and all data transferred fluently,including all apps, password keeper etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-16-15 01:03 PM
    I had a hell of a time transferring data from my Q10 to my Passport - especially my contacts. BlackBerry link was not cooperative at all. I finally transferred my contacts from a backup of my 9900 and got most of my contacts that way although many had to have address updates etc. Lol Very frustrating but I'm hoping there will be an update to fix the bugs in BlackBerry Link before my Passport 2.... or whatever BlackBerry is next

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:18 PM
    Link works well for all Apps, files, ect. But...I would recommend Ultimate Backup for Contacts, Remember and Calender. Contacts have aways been a problem restoring or transferring due to multiple places where they are saved in phone memory.

SQW-100-1 & Z30 10.3.1.2072
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-16-15 02:22 PM
    Yes! I'd recommend Ultimate Backup as well. I use it for backups now although I haven't tried to transfer any data yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:52 PM
    I have a Blackberry Passport. It works great, but I wanted to get one in a different color. So I bought a second BlackBerry Passport and am selling my old one.

I need to transfer my data, including Password Keeper database, email accounts, Blackberry Travel, etc. from my old Passport to my new Passport. I've checked out Blackberry's website, and found an app called "Device Switch." But it doesn't transfer Password Keeper data, and a lot of other important things like saved Wi-Fi settings, Browser Bookmarks, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas to transfer the data, especially the account settings and Password Keeper data?

I have an SD card in my old Passport which I will use with my new Passport.
    Just switch motherboard between those 2 phones ))). Kidding . Use link or ultimate backup or backup pro

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 03:01 PM
    Just switch motherboard between those 2 phones ))). Kidding . Use link or ultimate backup or backup pro

Posted via CB10
    Yes, "Backup Pro" is your friend:

Fire Chest Apps
    03-03-15 09:36 PM
    I have heard there are problems with Blackberry Link and wonder if anyone can help me. Is it possible that Blackberry Link did something to my contacts that affected my phone's ability to sync with my car? The problem I am having is that my Passport used to download contact names and numbers to my car without a problem. Now, the phone numbers download to the car's phonebook, but not the contact names. I have tried deleting the phone from the car and re-pairing it with the car's bluetooth system, but that doesn't help. There are no errors that occur during the phonebook download from the phone to the car. So I'm wondering if the fields for the contact names are not matching the car's phonebook fields for the names. Finally, I'm wondering if the problem arises because I don't have any local contacts on the phone. In other words, all of my contacts are cloud based (outlook exchange, icloud, facebook, linked in, twitter). Should I be using local contacts on my Passport? Many thanks! Happy Passporting.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:18 AM
    Type "device switch" in search. Follow the tutorial to download everything you have to a micro SD card. Put the card in the new device.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:34 PM
    To backup Password Keeper (I haven't had this fail yet) go into Password Keeper on your old phone, swipe down from the top, tap settings, scroll down until you see the Export button. Export your passwords to your SD card. Put the SD card into the new phone, swipe down into settings, choose import, choose the backup file, enter your password. Done.

I also use export to make a password file I can send to my other BB10 phones by NFC.

Easy peasy.

About once a month I do an export to my SD card. Handy backup.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:06 PM