I can't plug my Passport into a car stereo without having a ton of static come through the speakers. By the time you turn the volume down half way the static is all you can hear! I have changed cables and tried it in different cars! Will you guys do me a favor and test this in your vehicles so I can determine whether or not I want to buy another Passport! I love everything else!
    03-06-15 01:34 PM
    seems like a hw issue... no prob here..... did you try other phones?
    03-06-15 04:25 PM
    I've never had this problem with my Passport or my car radio. The sound is great.

I would suggest trying another, better quality cable but I see you've tried changing cables.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-06-15 04:38 PM
    Only time I've experienced that is while it's plugged in to the power at the same time.

Straight outta CB10
    03-06-15 04:52 PM
    I've experienced slight static at times over Bluetooth, but that was due to the low quality of the MP3 file which was playing. Otherwise, streaming audio, and other MP3's have played static free. I'll try playing through my Aux line and see what happens.
    03-06-15 04:56 PM
    Straight Outta Compton. Whoops, wrong thread, sorry team.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 05:05 PM
    Have you tried lowering the Passport volume? And then puttin the car volume up?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 05:23 PM
    Strangely the only slight remedy is to crank the volume on the Passport to max and then the static fades a bit but still not reasonable for a brand new device. I really want to keep using the Passport because I love it but I use my phone to listen to music and audio books too much to settle for the sound coming through my speakers.
    03-06-15 09:30 PM
    One of these will probably solve your problem: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001EA...UvbUpU11439795

In my car, this eliminates all the static. Curiously, do you have the same problem with other devices?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:35 PM
    I have this issue, but only mildly, and only when I am charging the phone while hooking it to the stereo.

You should definitely set the output volume on the Passport at maximum when running a line out.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:28 PM
    Not at all, just the Passport. I really think there is a defect because you literally can't hear the music anymore when the blackberry is turned about half way down, just loud static.
    03-07-15 12:30 PM
    Do you hear the same static if you turn your engine off? Could very well be a hardware defect on your particular phone, or it could be that no Passport will play nicely with your car. If other phones work fine through your car stereo, that does point to a hardware defect.

Even so, I still think the ground isolator I linked to from Amazon will solve your problem for $10, but it's unfortunate nonetheless.

Posted via CB10
    Dominic Bartnick likes this.
    03-07-15 01:39 PM
    Try using a different phone and see if you have static
    03-07-15 01:47 PM
    Sounds more like a bad earth on your car stereo or charging point than a problem with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:00 PM
    All of my other phones work fine with this stereo. I'm thinking it was a defective phone. I returned it. Debating whether or not I want another one. Hoping enough people here can confirm that their passport works just fine with a car stereo.
    03-07-15 09:34 PM
    You're probably not plugging it in the port all the way in. It causes it to wiggle and make static noise. I've experience this myself before where I though the plug was in all the way but I what I needed is to push it in a little more and static will go away.
    03-08-15 05:23 PM
    Turn off car,...leave PP on.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:26 PM
    All of my other phones work fine with this stereo. I'm thinking it was a defective phone. I returned it. Debating whether or not I want another one. Hoping enough people here can confirm that their passport works just fine with a car stereo.
    Buy another on amazon, see if it works better. Return if not.
    Mine works fine but I use bluetooth or usb...
    03-09-15 07:59 AM