I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I want to use as a back-up phone to my BB Passport. The truth here is that my Passport started acting funny, it refuses to connect to cellular or WiFi networks periodically. SIM swap did not help. OS version is 10.3.2.2836. So, my question is thus; how do I migrate or duplicate the entire contents of my Passport including Password Keeper on the Galaxy S3? Have been a BB user for more than a decade now and never used an Android phone. Also, while trying to solve the network connection problem, I backed-up my Passport and wiped my phone without disabling encryption for media card. When I reinstalled phone OS, it can no longer read my media card and tells me it was encrypted on another phone which, of course, is not true. Anyone have a solid solution to either question? Thanks in advance!
    01-14-17 11:08 PM
    The media card is toast AFAIK. If you forgot to disable encryption then I don't think you can get the data (which is kind of the point). You can get BlackBerry Password Keeper for Android but you need Android 5.0 or higher; you would export the password data file on the PP and import on the S3. For most of the rest you can use Content Transfer available in BB World and GPlay.
    01-15-17 12:12 AM
    gebco, thank you for your answer. You know, I remember back when you didn't lose your media card data as long as the media card was re-inserted into the same original phone that encrypted it and the correct password was put in when prompted to do so. As for Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Galaxy S3, my search does not seem to indicate that an original version from Google exist for this particular Galaxy model, no?
    01-15-17 12:51 AM
    gebco, thank you for your answer. You know, I remember back when you didn't lose your media card data as long as the media card was re-inserted into the same original phone that encrypted it and the correct password was put in when prompted to do so. As for Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Galaxy S3, my search does not seem to indicate that an original version from Google exist for this particular Galaxy model, no?
    IIRC, even with BBOS, once you wiped the phone, if you had not unencrypted the media card, the data would be locked down.
    01-15-17 02:23 AM
    Do you know if there is a very good software out there that can back up my Passport with all my data compartmentalized exactly as its on the phone? Contacts to Contacts, Txt to Txt, Emails, Photos, Folders, Password Keeper, etc, etc.?
    01-24-17 03:02 AM