I like to listen to the FM radio on passport, but hate to use a pair of headset which was designed to work as the radio antenna.
    The FM radio doesn't work without wired headphone as antenn. But even I pair the bluetooth headphone with passport,
    once the wired headphone pluged in, the audio would switch to wired headphone rather than bluetooth. I checked the mannuals and
    instructions, found no answer. Who can tell me how to do?
    11-06-14 11:52 AM
    You need to use wired headphones. The wire acts as the antenna. Not sure if you can then have the audio output go to bluetooth.

Posted using my awesome Passport
    When in the radio app, click on the menu to the bottom right. Click audio, and then select which option you want to output by.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:03 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I tried it. But only two options, speaker and headpone. When I choice headphone, audio would be outletted to wired headpone, not the bluetooth headphone. If no wired headpone pluged in, FM radio doesn't work.
    11-06-14 12:25 PM
    If you have a bluetooth device connected should be one of the options, use it all the time on my Z30
    11-06-14 12:32 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I tried it. But only two options, speaker and headpone. When I choice headphone, audio would be outletted to wired headpone, not the bluetooth headphone. If no wired headpone pluged in, FM radio doesn't work.
    It's my understanding that the headphone wires act as the antenna so without them you cannot use the FM feature. At least that is the case for the z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:38 PM
    You need to use wired headphones. The wire acts as the antenna. Not sure if you can then have the audio output go to bluetooth.

11-06-14 12:39 PM
    Sorry too hasty see you already mentioned the antenna.

11-06-14 12:42 PM
    Yea a bluetooth headset won't work unfortunately, BlackBerry 10 device with FM Radio capabilities need a wired headset to act as the antenna to pick up reception

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:00 PM
    Are your Bluetooth headphones connected and selectable when playing regular music with the wired headphones plugged in?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:06 PM
    I just tried this with my Z30. My Plantronics BT headset connects just fine. And the radio stations play just fine with a wired headphone jack plugged in. But the app only allows you to select the audio output either to the wired headphones or to the phone's built-in speaker, not the BT headset.

I wonder if this is a hardware limitation in the BB10 design or if the developer could simply add the BT headset to the list of audio output options.

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 01:35 PM
    I'm trying again and again. Once the wired headphone pluged in, the Bluetooth audio stop. No options for switching between Bluetooth and wired headphone can be found everywhere.
    mincanada likes this.
    11-06-14 01:35 PM
    It says right there in the music app about the antenna thing...
    11-06-14 01:43 PM
    It says right there in the music app about the antenna thing...
    Yes it certainly does say it right there!... but wouldn't it be great if the "Audio" option included an option to play the audio over BlueTooth even when a headphone jack is plugged in?
    How do I listen to FM radio (not internet based radio) on passport by Bluetooth headphone?-img_20141106_150851.png

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:09 PM
    Just a wag, but fm audio is probably analog not digital which would preclude BT output.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:44 PM
    For some reason, the radio app doesn't give the option to play over BT. I discovered that a year ago when I got my Z30. It still isn't an option on the Passport.

We either need to use the wired headset or the speaker to listen to FM radio unless BB10 is updated in the future.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-06-14 04:49 PM
    It's just a feature of the retro FM radio...we need the full traditional effect with wired headsets to truly experience the 1980's again.

Flicked out via Zed30
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-06-14 04:52 PM
    While this is NOT a solution to your problem, I frequently use the Radio feature thru an RCA cable to 2 different brands of Bluetooth speakers (KlipschGig and a cheapo Memorex).

I also occasionally connect to an old pair of computer speakers the same way.
    11-06-14 05:05 PM
    I just tried this with my Z30. My Plantronics BT headset connects just fine. And the radio stations play just fine with a wired headphone jack plugged in. But the app only allows you to select the audio output either to the wired headphones or to the phone's built-in speaker, not the BT headset.

I wonder if this is a hardware limitation in the BB10 design or if the developer could simply add the BT headset to the list of audio output options.

Posted via CB10
    It's VERY doubtful this is a hardware limitation. Audio is routed using software at certain layers. There probably wasn't any thought put in for the possibility of one plugging in a set of headphones to enable the antenna, and then subsequently routing to a second set of wireless headphones.

Since it's all done in software, theoretically, BB can just add Bluetooth as an option to route the audio when a set of wired headphones are plugged in.
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    11-06-14 05:31 PM
    It's VERY doubtful this is a hardware limitation. Audio is routed using software at certain layers. There probably wasn't any thought put in for the possibility of one plugging in a set of headphones to enable the antenna, and then subsequently routing to a second set of wireless headphones.

Since it's all done in software, theoretically, BB can just add Bluetooth as an option to route the audio when a set of wired headphones are plugged in.
    Totally agree. It could be fixed with a software update.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-06-14 06:27 PM
    It's just a feature of the retro FM radio...we need the full traditional effect with wired headsets to truly experience the 1980's again.

Flicked out via Zed30
    The FM radio is analogue and a feature of the chip set. Don't thing the signal can pass through the OS at all. Straight from chip to speaker os can only control the volume and signal to the chip to change frequency.

You could plug a bt transmitter into the headphone jack.
    This is pretty much standard across all phones.

You could test / try Sound hound when listening to FM don't think it will pick anything up?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:07 AM
    The FM radio is analogue and a feature of the chip set. Don't thing the signal can pass through the OS at all. Straight from chip to speaker os can only control the volume and signal to the chip to change frequency.

You could plug a bt transmitter into the headphone jack.
    This is pretty much standard across all phones.

You could test / try Sound hound when listening to FM don't think it will pick anything up?

Posted via CB10
    Incorrect.

On every modern device, sound goes through a Digital/Analog converter. Although radio signals are by nature analog, they do get converted by a DSP and routed with software. If the architecture was as you think, then our phones would be a good bit larger.
    11-07-14 03:10 PM
    My solution is MW600, check it up. I plugged my Klipsch Image one headphones and got all in one

Q10 PLAY PL (EU)
    11-07-14 03:17 PM
    OK.
    How do we tell Blackberry that so, it can be updated in a software fix?
    Anyone?

Yes it certainly does say it right there!... but wouldn't it be great if the "Audio" option included an option to play the audio over BlueTooth even when a headphone jack is plugged in?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:19 PM
    What I do with my music gateway and samsung speaker is turn and pair the bluetooth then anything I stream (iheart, Pandora, or the radio) streams with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 01:03 PM
    I've got Z30 but no FM icon in the music app. I've plugged in my earbuds too. Not a sign of availablity of FM function. Any idea ?
    11-22-14 04:12 AM
31 12