Hey guys, I LOVE the passport, but I cant figure out how to send a video, its says video too large, only way I can send video is by whatsapp and it doesnt send the whole video.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:33 PM
    Hey guys, I LOVE the passport, but I cant figure out how to send a video, its says video too large, only way I can send video is by whatsapp and it doesnt send the whole video.

Posted via CB10
    How big is it? I sent a short video by email without problem

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-30-14 03:43 PM
    Its only 23sec, 44mb. Is there another way beside email??

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:04 PM
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:04 PM
    Plug in to your computer, download, try your computer's email as depending on your setup, it may allow larger files to be sent or upload to to a cloud service and send the link.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:18 PM
    Aaah man thats the only thing I will miss from my iphone5, I hope they can do something soon so we can send video without plug to pc or send by email. Im really surprised they havent included that feature in blackberry

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:21 PM
    The feature is there but your file size at 44 MG is too large. Most desktop email systems will not send a file that large. Try going to the video, select edit and trim the length to get it below 15MG. I have had no problem sending files of this size or smaller from my Passport or Z10 or Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:51 PM
    If you are sending it to someone right beside you, you may do wifi direct (the fastest, in a couple of seconds) if he or she has a BlackBerry 10 phone. Or through NFC is his or her phone supports it, or bluetooth but that will take a while.

Other ways could be using cloud services such as dropbox or box, etc, basically you upload it to your account and then send him or her the link. This way usually takes minutes, depending on the network speed.

You may also upload it to youtube if you have an account, then send him or her the link. This way he or she will be able to watch it no problem, but if he or she wants to download, he or she will need special tools. Besides, you lose the copyright to youtube.

You can also save it to your SD card and give him or her the card, so he or her can copy it to their phone.

You can also copy it to a flash drive if you have a micro USB to USB cable...

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    delallan likes this.
    11-30-14 04:51 PM
    Get Video Shrinker at App world. It works great.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 05:17 PM
    Just upload it to dropbox,box,onedrive or mega and share the link via file manager.

Via CB10 from Scotland
    11-30-14 05:24 PM
    I had the same problem! I made a great video I wanted to send. Not that large. 30 seconds and 45MB. Not possible to send.

But as always. Blackberry has an onboard solution!

DropBox! Oh hells yeah! Jut move the video into the "dropbox folder" and sync. Then open up the dropbox app chose the file and "send the link"! Via BB10 done in 13 seconds.

E Z
    11-30-14 05:33 PM
    Thanks for help guys, iv had iphone all my life, I just switched to blackberry with passport and its a GREAT os and the phone rocks.
    But u have to admit thats a important feature they have to work on, with iphone it optimize the video and sends it via whatsapp or sms.
    But beside that I LOVE the passport

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:13 PM
    Thanks for help guys, iv had iphone all my life, I just switched to blackberry with passport and its a GREAT os and the phone rocks.
    But u have to admit thats a important feature they have to work on, with iphone it optimize the video and sends it via whatsapp or sms.

Posted via CB10
    You should be pretty young since the iPhone only came out in 2007 and you had it all your life.
    I hope they will focus on other more important things though, and let the competition handle sending 1GB video clips over wireless networks.
    Vincent Smith 2 likes this.
    11-30-14 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't like to receive a 44MB video by SMS!!!

Nobody needs to be sending each other files that large nowadays. Upload it to a Cloud based file storage service and send the person the link so they can download it themselves.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-30-14 06:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    OP, how are you going to see 44 Mb video file through sms without problems? Let me tell you my wife used to send me sms on both IPhone and her Notes3 and one in a while I don't receive it until 20 hrs and worst not receiving at all sometimes, and we are both on Telus network. I told do text me on BBM or I will never return her text.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:21 PM
    I disagree, not ovally fond of uploading video into the cloud, and well I've had issues with drop box in the past because of the language used to formulate it it attracts a lot of jackpotters. So if its sensitive I'd go the computer root or memory card might be easy
    12-01-14 01:59 AM
    Why don't you share it via Dropbox? Like linking it?
    12-01-14 04:03 AM