Hello,

I receive emails when I get a date for a meeting, and I thought should be a way to add this to calendar. I did in past on iPhone but never found how I can do in BlackBerry.

Thanks

Passport
    12-13-14 03:36 PM
    In the hub, long-press on the email and select "invite to meeting"... that will bring up a calendar event which you can then further edit (if you'd like).

You can also invoke "invite to meeting" within a message, by going to the menu (3 dots in lower right corner).

Is that what you're looking for?
    12-13-14 03:42 PM
    Sorry I wasn't clear.

I get an email where someone proposed a date and time for meeting. This data is in content of the email. Usually in iPhone you just touch and press the date and add it in calendar, simple as that. Is this possible on BlackBerry?

Passport
    geekaren likes this.
    12-13-14 03:47 PM
    I think OP receives an invitation in text form.

He wants BlackBerry 10 to identify date/time in the text and be able to create a new appointment based on these informations.

Posted via CB10
    klobb likes this.
    12-13-14 03:48 PM
    Just accept it.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-13-14 04:23 PM
    Read the thread. Then you will avoid making silly answers.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 04:33 PM
    Hello,

I receive emails when I get a date for a meeting, and I thought should be a way to add this to calendar. I did in past on iPhone but never found how I can do in BlackBerry.

Thanks

Passport
    Flag it, and edit in Reminder

I wish we could simply use the 'invite to meeting', but unfortunatly someone decided to Not allow to create New appointment at that point.

Let our voices be heard and ask for this feature to be added
    12-13-14 05:38 PM
    Sorry I wasn't clear.

I get an email where someone proposed a date and time for meeting. This data is in content of the email. Usually in iPhone you just touch and press the date and add it in calendar, simple as that. Is this possible on BlackBerry?

Passport
    Hi klobb,

When you get a date in the body of an email, BB does not highlight or make it bold, so you can't act on that text.
    ( Unlike a phone number, where it makes it actionable. )

That would be a nice feature, but as geekaren pointed out, when you get that email with a date in the body of the email, just hit the '3 dots' and select "Invite to Meeting" and pick the date you want.

The nice thing about this, is that it takes you to the calendar entry where everything can be edited. Also, the participants are automatically entered and the email chain is put in the 'Notes' section of the calendar entry so your recipient (and you) can easily reference the details.
    12-13-14 05:49 PM
    No, there is no such feature in BB10. I've been asking for it for over a year in Beta Zone, but nothing so far. Unfortunately, you need to open the calendar and enter the appointment manually. However, if you 'invite to meeting' from the email, all the people to whom the email was addressed will be added as participants.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-13-14 05:54 PM
    Sadly some of these features are probably covered by a Patent issued to Apple, otherwise we would have that functionality.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    12-13-14 10:28 PM
    Sadly some of these features are probably covered by a Patent issued to Apple, otherwise we would have that functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Passport
    12-14-14 01:37 AM
    I just tried the "invite to meeting" and that is really cool. I like how I can put the whole email into the calendar entry to reference later without scrolling through emails.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (Telus)
    12-14-14 01:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if it works on Android phones, but in Gmail on the PC you can click on dates to add them to the calendar.

This is an important feature that BlackBerry is missing.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:52 AM