When I first got the Z30 I was running the official stock release and installed Snap. I tried running One Note after installing it and it wouldn't work, same went for MS Office mobile. They do work with 10.3.1.1151 but that's a leaked version, and having to install a leaked version of the OS just to get apps working would probably be unacceptable to the average smartphone user IMO. The same holds true for having to sideload PlayServices or patching APK's, and workarounds tend to stop working eventually in my experience . The OP has a Nexus 5 and is accustomed to a Android experience that just works, or as close to just works as Android can get.

I like my Z30 especially for the price I got it at, but if I already had a Nexus 5 I would not think of replacing it with a Blackberry. I would only switch from the Nexus 5 only if I hated the Android experience or wanted a physical keyboard.
    One Note works on 10.3, It never used to work on 10.2 because the runtime was older and now it supports 4.3 JellyBean runtime!
    Leaked version means, getting your hands on an OS before our carrier/BlackBerry releases it publicly. This doesn't mean it's from an unknown suspicious source, it's from BlackBerry by BlackBerry for the BlackBerry! No one can modify a BlackBerry OS except for BlackBerry cuz otherwise the phone wouldn't install that modified OS due to security reasons!
    OP is asking if those apps will work on BB10. If it works then why give more irrelevant details to the OP? Android app works perfectly on my Q10, only problem is, the app might take 2-5 seconds to start up, once it starts up, it runs as perfectly as any android phone runs it!
    And you don't have to sideload PlayStore and PlayServices, we can install it from our BlackBerry 10, it's an apk, there's nothing complicated in it. Download Google login, sign into it, then download and install Cobalts modded Playstore and Playservice. That's it!

Posted via Q10
    11-30-14 10:57 PM
    One Note works on 10.3, It never used to work on 10.2 because the runtime was older and now it supports 4.3 JellyBean runtime!
    Posted via Q10
    BlackBerry supporting Jellybean seems to be outdated considering that most Android devices are on on Kit Kat and likely to be updated to Lollipop within the next few months. I now see why many Android apps (that I used) weren't playing nice with my Z10. When I had an Android app that worked seamlessly or close to it, I never updated it from Snap because of fear of the update not working as good.

When using Snap, it's pulling the latest version offered on Google Play. There's no indication to the server that your device is using JB unless Snap is telling it to pull only JB variants which I highly don't.

I see this being a problem with the implementation of the Android runtime. It will never be able to keep up with the pace of the Android versions due to lack of sole push of updates.

Amazon Android apps will probably work the best since they have the agreement with BlackBerry. Now that I think about it, they did work better compared to when I pulled from Snap. BlackBerry devices are now embedded into their ecosystem for app variants.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Phone Guy 4567 likes this.
    11-30-14 11:35 PM
    BlackBerry supporting Jellybean seems to be outdated considering that most Android devices are on on Kit Kat and likely to be updated to Lollipop within the next few months. I now see why many Android apps (that I used) weren't playing nice with my Z10. When I had an Android app that worked seamlessly or close to it, I never updated it from Snap because of fear of the update not working as good.

When using Snap, it's pulling the latest version offered on Google Play. There's no indication to the server that your device is using JB unless Snap is telling it to pull only JB variants which I highly don't.

I see this being a problem with the implementation of the Android runtime. It will never be able to keep up with the pace of the Android versions due to lack of sole push of updates.

Amazon Android apps will probably work the best since they have the agreement with BlackBerry. Now that I think about it, they did work better compared to when I pulled from Snap. BlackBerry devices are now embedded into their ecosystem for app variants.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yes I never said they are upto date, but around 75-80% of the android smartphones out there still has JellyBean, lollipop is being rolled out to new releases and some flagships. I just hope BlackBerry will support ART, maybe then we can see some improvement in performance of the android apps. The only other phone that supports android apps is Jolla, and it has 4.2.2 runtime, so we are up to date compared to them :P
    There are no JellyBean variant of the apps, it's just whatever apps which were made to run only on KitKat/lollipop will not work on our BB10. And I don't think there is any app out there that just supports KitKat/lollipop if so then they are losing big since majority of android users are still on JellyBean as I said earlier!
    Amazon apps will work because none of them requires Play Services.

Posted via Q10
    mornhavon likes this.
    12-01-14 03:56 AM
    There are no JellyBean variant of the apps, it's just whatever apps which were made to run only on KitKat/lollipop will not work on our BB10. And I don't think there is any app out there that just supports KitKat/lollipop if so then they are losing big since majority of android users are still on JellyBean as I said earlier!
    Android apps do have variants.

Examples:
    Instagram
    Fitbit
    Pandora
    Snapchat
    Cartwheel by Target

Those are just a few that I know for sure. For more, just go to Google Play and look at the "Additional information" sections of the apps. The developer will either call out specifically what Android version it's compatible with or it will say, "Varies with device". Developers do support JB, KK, and L, but it may not be the same app version on all. It's the same for BlackBerry. Every app isn't available on all BB10 devices.
    12-01-14 10:07 AM
    Android apps do have variants.

Examples:
    Instagram
    Fitbit
    Pandora
    Snapchat
    Cartwheel by Target

Those are just a few that I know for sure. For more, just go to Google Play and look at the "Additional information" sections of the apps. The developer will either call out specifically what Android version it's compatible with or it will say, "Varies with device". Developers do support JB, KK, and L, but it may not be the same app version on all. It's the same for BlackBerry. Every app isn't available on all BB10 devices.
    I've seen that too, I agree with you.

Posted via Q10
    walt63 likes this.
    12-01-14 10:35 AM
    echeapo silicone case has just arrived, will carve up a bit of wood in the right shape and do some pocket tests.
    12-05-14 05:16 AM
    Finally got to play with a live passport

Wow, this is a nice solid feeling phone

Tested the apps I thought I'd have an issue with.

Found them in the Amazon app store, twitch.TV is great on it

And I got that wonderful bb8800 feeling

My 8800 was my best pre touchscreen smartphone

Need to get one, it's now just a case of finding out which seller has the best after sales support .
    12-24-14 07:18 AM
    Paypal isn't available on bbw or amazon but it is available on snap. When you first open it a message pops up saying it needs Google services to function but if you tap way from the message the app let's you log in and is completely and fully functional.

Snap is pretty easy to get btw. I there's a program you can download to your pc where you just USB your phone and click one button and then 2 min later you have basically, the full Google Play Store on your blackberry.

Before I got snap I really wanted flipboard on my passport. Wasn't available on amazon or bbw like paypal, but I found an apk to download online for android and it works great on this thing.

The only issue I have come across when getting an app was instagram. For some reason that app would force close all the time. I'm not an instagram user but my wife is and I like seeing what she posts. My solution was flipboard, which I have my youtube, instagram, facebook, and Google plus feeds set up to show.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:45 AM
    PayPal works. I logged in, viewed my activity, etc

Get the Google App store on your BlackBerry device.

Thank COBALT for this, and give him a donation.

Hoping to come back after 4 years, the apps gap.-img_20141224_125519.png
    12-24-14 11:56 AM
34 12