Hey all,
    Long time lurker,first time poster.
    I recently picked up the blackberry passport for At&T and I'm really still undecided about the passport or the classic.
    I am coming from a galaxy note 3, because I really don't play many games..im mostly a web browser,text and Emailer. I have been using the note for a while and it's just not giving me the production that I want.

I will be using the new device for work,and heck,im using it right now to type this. However the "is the grass greener" syndrome is hitting me and I'm thinking about the classic.
    Only having 1 return with At&t kinda stinks,even though I would pay a few restocking fees to test drive the classic..

So guys and gals, I beg for your input...is the grass greener?

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-25-15 06:52 PM
    I tried the Classic coming from a Z30 and was sooo slow in comparison and lagged. The Passport flies in comparison. See if you can find a store with a demo to try out.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 06:56 PM
    I have the passport and love the size, I belive it is also much quicker than the classic

It took me a month to get a feel for the keyboard, but now love it

Keep the passport, you won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 06:57 PM
    I don't own a classic, but I've used Z30 for a long time. When I made the move from the 30 to Passport, I didn't realize the difference in performance at all. But for sometime I had to use another SIM card, then I had to use the Z30. At that time I realize that the Z30 is considerably slower than the Passport in processing things. What I can assure you is that the Passport would be faster in processing tasks. But for normal usage, I think the Classic would also be an adequate device.

But based on the specs, the Passport would have the better battery life and screen. And depends on your point of view, the Passport weaknesses (or advantages) are: heavier, and unconventional keyboard. But I think if you can use and learn all the features on the keyboard, it's one of the best and enjoyable keyboard to use out there. If you prefer a more conventional keyboard then the classic is for you. The advantage of Classics are: it's lighter, more pocket-friendly, and it has the toolbelt.

In my opinion, both phones would be an excellent phone for texting, emailing, and making phone calls. For browsing, maybe the passport has the advantage because of the size and the higher resolution of the screen. If you find yourself using your phone to browse so much, beside the texting and emailing, and you also don't feel disturbed by the passport size, weight, and unconventional keyboard, then I don't think the grass is greener on the other field. That's my opinion, and I hope it can help!
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-25-15 07:05 PM
    I have the AT&T Passport and my wife has the Classic. Trust me, the Classic is a major step down. Having said that I really do like the toolbelt on the Classic. It's much nicer to close and minimize apps etc.

However, the Passport is way nicer to type on, swipe to auto enter words, and the screen real estate is just unmatched IMO

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:18 PM
    I would stick with the passport, it's a high end device. The classic has similar internals to older bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 03-25-15 at 08:04 PM.
    03-25-15 07:48 PM
    I was in the same predicament up until yesterday. Had both phones but ultimately decided on sticking with the Passport. The determine factors were mainly the better screen and battery life along with the speed. I loved the Classic form factor but once you try the Passport and you go back to the Classic the shortcomings will be very noticeable. AT&T Classic is currently for sale.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cespinal; 03-25-15 at 08:56 PM.
    03-25-15 08:22 PM
    I've been mulling it over for the better part of the week. The classic is very tempting because I have had pretty much all of the past blackberry devices from the 7520 forward and love the 4 row keyboard. That is what can possibly sway me to Classic.
    I do love the passport for doc viewing and email and let us not forget the speed...
    Don't have$ 400 to throw into buying the classic at the moment but hopefully when the white classic makes its entrance the black classic will be discarded fairly inexpensive.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:15 PM
    I upgrade from Z30 to Passport, feels great using PP now

Posted via CB10 from BB Passport
    03-25-15 09:24 PM
    I would say keep the passport or maybe try a Q10 (if you prefer a PK) or a Z30 if you prefer the VKB.

emPowered by  | Q10 SQN100-4/10.3.1.2582
    03-25-15 09:26 PM
    Upgraded from a Z10 to the Passport. It's a decision I have never regretted.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:43 PM
    I'm currently using the Passport at the moment, however with my employee pricing with Telus coming up in April I will gladly gabble up the Classic. I know that the classic is a bit lesser in the game of specs but I like the look and feel of the device. From what I'e used so far with the classic at work it's not bad. I still find the z10 to be semi quick, so I think they are both good.

For you, I think I would stick with the Passport. It takes sometime to get use to it because it really is a unique device, probably the most unique on the market. Give it some more time and be open to the Passport before you make your final decision. Either Classic or Passport, both are good choices in my books.
    03-25-15 09:54 PM
    I feel lost without my Passport! I had to return it to blackberry today for a camera repair. I've been using my backup Z10 today and it feels like a dinosaur not to mention I had to charge it 3 times today. I loved my Z10 before I got the passport but I'm asking myself how in the heck I dealt with it for almost two years. My passport can't come back fast enough. Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:56 PM
    03-25-15 10:02 PM
    I own an unlocked Blackberry Passport that I purchased in October, and an AT&T Branded Classic that I purchased on launch day.

If you love your Passport, don't mind its size, gotten used to typing on the wide keyboard, and enjoy the screen, you can stop worrying. You're not missing out on much with the Classic.

If you find the Passport unwieldy, hate that it can't be used one handed, find typing awkard, and slow, try the Classic. You might like it. I know the form factor was pretty attractive to me until I went back to the Passport.

Passport is so much faster, and the battery's gonna give you two days. The Classic will give you a day and is noticeably slower.

I actually started typing this on my Classic (Passport is drying after applying a new screen protector), and switched to my laptop because the Classic keyboard feels cramped.

Happy with the Passport? Skip the Classic. Borderline on the Passport because of its form factor? Give the Classic a shot.
    gemoelle likes this.
    03-25-15 10:04 PM
    I agree with the person saying that the classic keyboard feeling cramped. I own a Q10, Classic, and a Passport. The keyboard on the Q10 I felt was better compared to the classic. I really do like using the tool belt on the Classic though and often times find myself looking for it on my Passport.

My Passport is now my daily driver as I like the processing speed, and the overall better performance for production. I actually just listed my Classic for sale a few minutes prior to this and that was supposed to replace my Q10 before the sim card slot got messed up (damn sim adapters). I now find myself switching back and forth between the Passport and iPhone 6+ but I always end up using my passport but it doesn't slide out of my hands every time haha. Yes the passport isn't very pleasing to put in your pocket compared to a classic, but I'd prefer the passport just for better overall performance.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 10:42 PM
    Frankly, unless you are CRAVING for the trackpad and the other physical keys, the passport is by far the better option. If you can get it at a discount, it's not significantly more than the classic and the spec's are a LOT better. quad-core, 3gb RAM...performance is just much better than any other BB10 device.
    03-26-15 12:17 AM
    I was in the same predicament up until yesterday. Had both phones but ultimately decided on sticking with the Passport. The determine factors were mainly the better screen and battery life along with the speed. I loved the Classic form factor but once you try the Passport and you go back to the Classic the shortcomings will be very noticeable. AT&T Classic is currently for sale.

Posted via CB10
    I'm only on my 3rd day of using a Passport, coming from a Q10, I'm fully aware of the spec differences, but that aside: I don't know if i can get used to the 3 row "diet" keyboard... any input on when or if you ever got comfortable with the Passport keyboard over the Classic?
    (Punctuation has been annoying so far.)
    Larry Harper likes this.
    03-26-15 01:51 AM
    I have had the passport over six months now. I was comfortable with it after a week but enjoyed its power and screen size since day one! I was very comfortable with it within two weeks! Everyone is different though. Some people took a couple of days, others a week or two. I even read few people couldnt get used to it. Depends on the person

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2480
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-26-15 02:02 AM
    I'm only on my 3rd day of using a Passport, coming from a Q10, I'm fully aware of the spec differences, but that aside: I don't know if i can get used to the 3 row "diet" keyboard... any input on when or if you ever got comfortable with the Passport keyboard over the Classic?
    (Punctuation has been annoying so far.)
    Took me about a week or so to start flying through sentences. It also depends on how much typing you do.

Posted via CB10
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-26-15 05:09 AM
    I think both devices are great and serve their own purpose. Go for the one that feels right for you. BB10 is still phenomenal on any hardware. It's the overall experience that counts not the technical specs.
    03-26-15 05:20 AM
    As you can see, there are many opinions on each side of the issue. Bottom line is that you can't go wrong with either. I personally find the Classic a little easier to use for me. I am on the go all day and I text ,email, make calls ALL day and the Classic is a little easier for me. I don't play games or watch movies or do much on the web other than checking the weather and some sports scores.

I had the Passport and it is an amazing device and as far as specs??? I have no idea, but the Classic does everything I need and does it well. Battery life is huge for me and the Classic gets me through the day with no problem, maybe the Passport has a better battery but most people still plug their phone in every night, so it becomes a moot point for me..

SIze Matters!! If you are pulling the phone out of your pocket 20 time a day like me the Classic is easier, but that is strictly a personal preference
    guruhabibi likes this.
    03-26-15 07:04 AM
    I got my Red Passport during the Valentines sale and after about a week, I became very proficient with the 3 row keyboard. I came from a Q10. I am like you, mostly emails and text messages. I have 6 pages of apps and only use 5 or 6 of them on a daily basis. The Passport hardly ever leaves my hands. I do most of my emails and texts on the Passport and not on my office desktop or my laptop at home. I hardly ever use my tablet anymore. My Passport does everything but make my coffee. This could be my last phone for a few years to come.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:31 AM
    As you can see, there are many opinions on each side of the issue. Bottom line is that you can't go wrong with either. I personally find the Classic a little easier to use for me. I am on the go all day and I text ,email, make calls ALL day and the Classic is a little easier for me. I don't play games or watch movies or do much on the web other than checking the weather and some sports scores.

I had the Passport and it is an amazing device and as far as specs??? I have no idea, but the Classic does everything I need and does it well. Battery life is huge for me and the Classic gets me through the day with no problem, maybe the Passport has a better battery but most people still plug their phone in every night, so it becomes a moot point for me..

SIze Matters!! If you are pulling the phone out of your pocket 20 time a day like me the Classic is easier, but that is strictly a personal preference
    Nice write-up and I definitely agree on your reasoning. I have the Passport and was able to get used to it pretty quick. When I first got it, I wasn't sure about the keys as they were a little stiff. They eased up considerably in short order and now its a breeze to type on. I love it. I'd definitely consider a little higher end Classic but right now, I think either device is good and you have to decide based on your needs as you did. I think for me, the wide screen was better for both viewing and typing and of course it's pretty fast. Still, if your main functions are as you stated (text, email, occasional browsing), then going with either device should be just fine.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-26-15 07:34 AM
    I tried the Classic coming from a Z30 and was sooo slow in comparison and lagged. The Passport flies in comparison. See if you can find a store with a demo to try out.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Passport and I just purchased a Classic for my better half. While setting the Classic up I noticed the same as the quoted post. Both phones are so much better of an experience compared to my G4's . The Classic's keyboard has a great feel and it is nice to have if you what a more compact phone then the Passport. I would not switch though from a Passport to a Classic for the reason that it is big and fits my needs in every way.
    03-26-15 07:43 AM
39 12