Please let us know if,

1. When you add multiple contacts on the text message does your Passport automatically changes to MMS?

2. If so, do you see "Enable Group Conversation" box?

3. If so, Please share your Mobile Carrier and a screen shot of advanced setting under text message settings.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:08 PM
    1. Do not convert to MMS unless I force it.

2. Do not see "Enable Group Conversation" box.

3. T-Mobile
    Help Us Find a Fix for Passport Group Messaging Problem-img_20141025_130958.png

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:10 PM
    Yes was wondering about this. when somebody sends me a text with multiple people and I respond it sends my response to everyone of them!
    10-25-14 12:18 PM
    Yes was wondering about this. when somebody sends me a text with multiple people and I respond it sends my response to everyone of them!
    Same here. But I thought that was a good thing. My brother sent out a text message to several people in the family to make an important announcement. I replied, assuming it would go to all... and it did. Then, his daughter (who has an iPhone) replied to me saying she thought I had sent the message to the wrong person LOL. I guess the idea of a "group text message" seems strange to some people.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:30 PM
    Same here. But I thought that was a good thing. My brother sent out a text message to several people in the family to make an important announcement. I replied, assuming it would go to all... and it did. Then, his daughter (who has an iPhone) replied to me saying she thought I had sent the message to the wrong person LOL. I guess the idea of a "group text message" seems strange to some people.

Posted via CB10
    Should happen, but shouldn't be sent individually. Should be in same Window or whatever you want to call it
    10-25-14 12:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pat, on your phone does your display the replies in the initial group text conversation window or does it come back as a separate text message?

The problem I and others are having is that when we send a group text out, the replies come back as individual separate text messages, rather than replies come back in the same group conversation window. This is super duper annoying.
    10-25-14 12:37 PM
    This is the window we are talking about.

This window does not appear in Blackberry Passport with T-Mobile.

But my old Q10, with Verizon did.

Help Us Find a Fix for Passport Group Messaging Problem-img_20141001_092801.png
    austen0316 likes this.
    10-25-14 12:48 PM
    Working fine on my Passport on AT&T. Same as it did on my Z10, but my passport is still listed as a Z10 on my account. Not sure if that would make a difference or not?

I get the "enable group conversation" check box, as well as the popup warning that all messages will be sent as MMS.
    10-25-14 03:18 PM
    Patrick, on your phone, does it display the replies in the initial group text conversation window or does it come back as a separate text message?

The problem I and others are having is that when we send a group text out, the replies come back as individual separate text messages, rather than replies come back in the same group conversation window. This is super duper annoying.
    I received the message from my brother as a group text (he's using an Android ohone), and when I replied I sent it as a group text to all. But when his daughter replied from her iPhone, she had received my group text reply as an individual text message. Check out the screenshots below...

Help Us Find a Fix for Passport Group Messaging Problem-img_20141026_104522.png

Help Us Find a Fix for Passport Group Messaging Problem-air_20141026_00000.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 11:53 AM
    I think the problem might be with what phone is listed by Tmobile network. I now that my passport is listed as a iPhone 5 on Tmobile because I had to stick my sim card into one in order to enable lte networks.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:07 PM
    I posted this in another thread, but I have the same issue with my z10 on t-mobile. I didn't have this issue when I was on AT&T with this same z10. So I definitely think it's a t-mobile thing.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 03:09 PM
    I switched to at&t yesterday because of this issue

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    10-29-14 03:14 PM
    I don't know if this will fix it, but I called T-Mobile when I could not find the Passport as an option to select as my new phone on the account. The representative had me give her the IMEI # and she entered it in their system and said that should set up the account for the proper settings for the Blackberry Passport. The IMEI # is located under the little cover on the back in the right hand corner. But have a magnifying glass handy, the writing is supper small.
    10-29-14 04:46 PM
    Do a test and get back to us! Takes a few seconds and some willing friends. I'd switch back possibly if it meant group texting would be back

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    10-29-14 05:57 PM
    Ya, I havn't switched over to att yet. This may stop me. As for groups, i am not having a problem really. I switched it to mms and send a group msg. After someone replys, it comes back in another group msg. Just delete the one you sent, and all seems well. I still may switch because of coverage.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:20 PM
    New to the passport and seeing issues with group texts on ATT. When sending to a group the replies always come back in individual message threads, although I check the group msg box. Has anyone found a resolution to this? Has it been fixed in any of the leaked builds?
    12-09-14 11:42 AM
    This is not exclusively a Passport or even Blackberry issue. Happens with my Nexus 4 (Android) as well. It's to do with the carrier plus (I believe) whatever SMS/MMS settings your OS has and may even involve your messaging app. For instance, the stock KitKat SMS app has a setting to enable group messaging, sending a single message when there are multiple recipients. But there's no setting for group conversations, so all replies come in as individual messages no one else see. Would love to have a Reply All option!

I'd suggest this thread be re-titled so it doesn't cast unfair negativity on the Passport, and perhaps even moved to a non-Passport forum.

- R.
    12-09-14 11:51 AM
    I have an iphone and multiple android phones and I've never seen this issue before, all using the same plan and sim as i have in the passport.
    12-09-14 12:05 PM
    I have an iphone and multiple android phones and I've never seen this issue before, all using the same plan and sim as i have in the passport.
    Aha - sounds like it's carrier related then.

- R.
    12-09-14 12:47 PM
    I have T-Mobile and have had the same issue. No Enable Group Conversation box comes up. Strangely enough, when I send a message with pictures or other media, it does send to the group once instead of each member individually.

I tried an AT&T SIM card with exactly the same results. I spoke with T-Mobile via Twitter and they suggested that I go test my SIM at an actual store to see if it's the SIM or the phone itself. I've never had an issue with this before, recently switched from an iPhone...will update if anything happens.
    12-15-14 02:57 PM
    If anyone is still reading this thread:

It seems the only way to fix the messaging problem is to set all texts to go out as MMS messages. If you have unlimited messaging, which is most if not all T-Mobile plans, it shouldn't really affect anything.
    12-24-14 02:24 AM

It seems the only way to fix the messaging problem is to set all texts to go out as MMS messages. If you have unlimited messaging, which is most if not all T-Mobile plans, it shouldn't really affect anything.
    I just did this on my tmobile q10 and the group thing works except I get a reply in my txt inbox what I wrote as an invidual text in addition to my same response in the group thread.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 06:58 PM

This was my solution ever since I switched from the Q10 on Verizon (working) to a Classic on T-Mobile (no group text toggle).

I just updated to ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.2558 and notice that the toggle is now on T-Mobile. No more doing the SMS/MMS switch that wasn't intuitive. Now it will detect if you're messaging in a group and give you the toggle like it does on Verizon and AT&T. I nagged @blackberryhelp and @tmobile recently about this on Twitter so I wonder if they actually listened and implemented it.

This saves so much confusion with friends.
    Help Us Find a Fix for Passport Group Messaging Problem-img_20150314_234509_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 05:16 AM
    I don't see it either. I'm on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558 on Rogers. This isn't a Passport issue. It affects all phones. I'd assume it's carrier side.
    03-15-15 08:24 AM
    I just noticed this on. 2558 on Q10 on tmo. So frustrating. I don't get the option for groups and get single responses. It sends out group messages as broadcasts so I bet my friends don't know they are in a group message but rather a single sms. Lame.

Moto X 2014 / Q10
    03-26-15 04:06 PM
28 12