I'm on my third new passport (first had non-functioning space bar, second had non-focusing camera). This one appears fine except that when I opened the SIM cover the first time, a screw fell out. It was clear if fell out of the top left corner. When I dropped the screw back in the hole, it bottom out with no resistance. It’s either too small a screw or the mid-plate is stripped, from the factory.

*HUGE FAVOR*: can someone pull their top left screw out and post a picture of it? I would REALLY appreciate it. I want to figure out if I have the wrong screw—if that’s the issue, I’ll figure out how to get one. If the mid-plate is stripped, I’ll send back the phone

MANY thanks. I'm even fine with PayPalling a few bucks for your effort.

Here is the screw I’m talking about (note this is not a picture of my phone, so don’t say it’s filthy!):
    Last edited by rdifiori; 03-04-16 at 01:24 PM.
    03-04-16 12:58 PM
    I'll ask the obvious: have you considered sending it back for yet another replacement? Is it from Shop BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 01:37 PM
    Yes. I can get a refund but I'd have to pay for return shipping again (already paid $30 to ship the last 2 back). Also, the special is over so it would cost me $499 instead of $399.

Other than refund and repurchase, the only other option is a warranty exchange. It would be a refurbished in that case.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 01:54 PM
    The screw thread itself could be faulty. Nevertheless it's a fault and you have the right to claim!

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    03-04-16 02:33 PM
    I'm on my third new passport (first had non-functioning space bar, second had non-focusing camera). This one appears fine except that when I opened the SIM cover the first time, a screw fell out. It was clear if fell out of the top left corner. When I dropped the screw back in the hole, it bottom out with no resistance. It�s either too small a screw or the mid-plate is stripped, from the factory.

*HUGE FAVOR*: can someone pull their top left screw out and post a picture of it? I would REALLY appreciate it. I want to figure out if I have the wrong screw�if that�s the issue, I�ll figure out how to get one. If the mid-plate is stripped, I�ll send back the phone

MANY thanks. I'm even fine with PayPalling a few bucks for your effort.

Here is the screw I�m talking about (note this is not a picture of my phone, so don�t say it�s filthy!):
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps4bx5rxkl.jpg
    Hope you can see this image!
    Help with mid-plate screw on new Passport-img_20160304_154136.jpg
    rdifiori likes this.
    03-04-16 02:45 PM
    Maybe this second image is better.
    Help with mid-plate screw on new Passport-img_20160304_154616.jpg
    rdifiori likes this.
    03-04-16 02:48 PM
    Perfect. Thank you. That's exactly what mine looks like. The part nearest the head has no threads. Looks like the plate is stripped...Thanks again.
    03-04-16 03:02 PM
    Perfect. Thank you. That's exactly what mine looks like. The part nearest the head has no threads. Looks like the plate is stripped...Thanks again.
    No problem--yep--must be the plate.

p.s. picture taken with my Passport. lol
    03-04-16 03:04 PM