In the middle of a long security wipe, I decided to restart it. Afterwards it only blinks 4 red, pause, then 2. Since it is not recognized by PC/USB, I cannot reload it. Tried restart, and opened up for a battery pull, still the same, any suggestions? The main problem is that USB does not recognize it, otherwise it would be easy.
    Last edited by GGGMMM; 08-24-16 at 03:55 PM.
    08-24-16 10:51 AM
    Not sure what the blink sequece means.... but you can try an autoloader. Hope your data was backed up, as it will be wiped.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    08-24-16 11:26 AM
    Not sure what the blink sequece means.... but you can try an autoloader. Hope your data was backed up, as it will be wiped.

.....well it looks like the OP's computer does not connect via usb so an autoloader is not possible. This sounds difficult to resolve. The battery pull was an extreme last resort. Sorry OP, I have no idea. Sounds like you have tried everything. Do you have Blackberry Link on your PC and does the Passport show up on it?
    08-24-16 11:32 AM
    .....well it looks like the OP's computer does not connect via usb so an autoloader is not possible. This sounds difficult to resolve. The battery pull was an extreme last resort. Sorry OP, I have no idea. Sounds like you have tried everything. Do you have Blackberry Link on your PC and does the Passport show up on it?
    I don't know that USB will recognize it without it booting, or not visible recognize it. Not sure what OP is using to gauge that USB doesn't recognize it. I found that an Autoloader will work, when nothing else shows it is connection.

If it doesn't he could try a different cable and a different port.

But then that code might be hardware related and nothing will fix it.
    08-24-16 11:46 AM
    Silly question but have you tried holding the power button till it restarts then reconnecting to computer? I had to do this a few times and eventually it reconnected and reloaded OS

Posted via my magical Passport with BB10 none of Droid rubbish!
    08-24-16 12:43 PM
    the USB does not recognize the phone, so no success to load autoloader
    08-24-16 12:49 PM
    tried all kinds of restarting including battery pull, still not connected...
    08-24-16 12:50 PM
    when connected to PC, no BB connected message and not even USB connected sounds. Tried different ports different cables still no success.
    08-24-16 12:51 PM
    when connected to PC, no BB connected message and not even USB connected sounds. Tried different ports different cables still no success.
    Like I said, when you get to the point of pulling your battery out, I think you have exhausted all options. Sorry to say but I think you have a brick on your hands. Maybe sell the unit on ebay for parts.
    08-24-16 01:21 PM
    the USB does not recognize the phone, so no success to load autoloader
    Did you download and try to autoload?
    Its actually really hard to brick a BB10 device. I've had a Z10 not responding and autoloader worked.
    08-24-16 01:40 PM
    Its actually really hard to brick a BB10 device
    I agree, you really have to do a number on it! I'm not sure what the OP was doing with "In the middle of a long swipe" ??????
    08-24-16 01:43 PM
    I agree, you really have to do a number on it! I'm not sure what the OP was doing with "In the middle of a long swipe" ??????
    He got impatient and thought BlackBerry's soon means, in the next five minutes. lol. Not!
    08-24-16 01:50 PM
    In the middle of a long swipe, I decided to restart it. Afterwards it only blinks 4 red, pause, then 2. Since it is not recognized by PC/USB, I cannot reload it. Tried restart, and opened up for a battery pull, still the same, any suggestions? The main problem is that USB does not recognize it, otherwise it would be easy.
    The only other suggestion or comment I could make on your predicament is this: Sometimes when using an autoloader you have a timing issue. By this, I mean that you need to plug your device into your PC and "hold down" your power button and clicking on the .exe autoloader file. It is as if the bootloader needs to "catch" a certain point. I have had times where I had to repeat this procedure at just the right time to begin the process. While you are doing this watch the led on your device for any changes and if you see any change immediately let go of the power button. In other words, experiment with the power button, autoloader clicking and timing of both. Good luck!
    08-24-16 02:03 PM
    In the middle of a long swipe, I decided to restart it. Afterwards it only blinks 4 red, pause, then 2. Since it is not recognized by PC/USB, I cannot reload it. Tried restart, and opened up for a battery pull, still the same, any suggestions? The main problem is that USB does not recognize it, otherwise it would be easy.
    This BlackBerry Knowledge Base article might be helpful: BlackBerry 10 smartphone fails to boot and displays LED blink sequence
    08-24-16 02:13 PM
    I think you do have a valid point, I had revived one of the passport this way before. May worth a try again.
    That is part of the reason I thought interrupting the security wipe is no big deal, but...
    08-24-16 03:57 PM
    I think you do have a valid point, I had revived one of the passport this way before. May worth a try again.
    That is part of the reason I thought interrupting the security wipe is no big deal, but...
    lol--I wondered what you meant by "swipe"! Yeah that security WIPE is a nightmare. The ONLY reason I can see someone using it is if they do not have a PC to do a factory reset via Blackberry Link. Otherwise they should banish Security Wipe to the bowels of hell. I can tell you that I have successfully brought 3 BB10 devices back to life using the method I described above after people have been stuck on the SW. It is worth another try or 3, IMHO.
    08-24-16 04:03 PM