Hi

I just got my passport. The only thing is left is to backup my Q10 and restore to the passport.
    What is the best way to backup completely and restore to the passport and is it possible to move the bbm conversation ( I am already saving it through the option to save the chat)?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:32 PM
    I would suggest the device switch over the backup/restore. With the backup/restore, you will get all the data, but you would have to be sure to NOT restore the Android runtime. Rather than run the risk of restoring anything like the runtime that could cause problems, use the device switch -- which should only copy over from your Q10 to the Passport what is required. It's a bit slower, but safer.

As to BBM chats, they should be repopulated when you sign in to the Passport with your BlackBerry ID then open BBM. You'll be asked if you want to transfer BBM data to the new device. Say Yes. Existing BBM chats are not always copied over. When I did the device switch from my Z30 to my Passport last week, my BBM group chats were all recovered, but not my single chats.
    use device switch option on link. not sure if it takes bbm chats though. is that chat saved on your sd card?
    10-01-14 02:36 PM
    use device switch option on link. not sure if it takes bbm chats though. is that chat saved on your sd card?
    I guess that is the only option . and for the chat bbm shows Save chat history but i don't know where is it saving the chats
    10-01-14 02:39 PM
    I would suggest the device switch over the backup/restore. With the backup/restore, you will get all the data, but you would have to be sure to NOT restore the Android runtime. Rather than run the risk of restoring anything like the runtime that could cause problems, use the device switch -- which should only copy over from your Q10 to the Passport what is required. It's a bit slower, but safer.

As to BBM chats, they should be repopulated when you sign in to the Passport with your BlackBerry ID then open BBM. You'll be asked if you want to transfer BBM data to the new device. Say Yes. Existing BBM chats are not always copied over. When I did the device switch from my Z30 to my Passport last week, my BBM group chats were all recovered, but not my single chats.
    10-01-14 04:19 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I will try device switch once I got my sweet Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:47 PM
    when i choose device switch option, passports asks for BBID, should i use the same ID I have on Q10? will it make my Q10 inaccessible for transfer?
    11-08-14 10:11 AM