Hi folks,
    After 1 week Passport on hands, it's a great device and work well. However, it's quite heat on the top right hand side corner where the sim slot located, when using the device for a while, surfing website and check mail only, no playing game at all. Anybody experiences this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kelvintanha; 10-31-14 at 05:17 AM.
    10-31-14 05:04 AM
    Mine also gets a bit warm, no I'll effects though.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:22 AM
    I have a bit of heat when I am on LTE and poor signal area.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:27 AM
    It definitely gets pretty heated when I might be using a certain app or even when I'm checking my mail and answering messages. I kind of want to ask for a new device before the window to return this device for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:29 AM
    Remember that the passport is built on a stainless steel frame. Probably doubling as the heat sink. All the (non military) arm chips I have used have a thermal shutdown of 80 degrees. 55 ish becomes uncomfortable to touch, so we are a long way from the max.

Fair enough, 3d games heat up, but if you get excessive heat from normal use, i'd check the cpu usage in device monitor. Maybe something is going on in the background. If it isn't obvious, or the cpu is all in system, a quick reboot normally does the trick.

Mine gets warm, but no worse than a laptop/ tablet. Unless the glue /screen issue is heat related, I wouldn't worry too much unless your passport starts getting uncomfortable to hold - that IS too hot.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:20 AM
    Tks Vader42 for your sharing. Actually my device still comfortable to hold, but I feel something goes wrong and that causes the heat. this is my first ever time on BB10, thought I'm a fan of BlackBerry for years since I'm holding Bold 9900 for a long time.
    Back to this issue, I have tried to identify the apps running in the background and check the battery demographic, but could not find out any good reason for this arisen up problem
    I also restart my device several times but it not help out much.
    The poor reception can be considered as a reason? Because my apartment on the 11th floor in the high rise building.
    P/s: I have not restored any data from my old device yet

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:38 AM