Hi, I am experiencing excessive battery drainage issue and phone is getting heated shortly after updating to 10.3.1?

Can you guys give me an idea why it might be happening?

Thanks

Arif

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:55 PM
    Reboot the phone, wait about 5 minutes after phone had come back up, then repeat two to three more times and report back after completed, and see if it is better.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-23-15 12:01 AM
    Thanks mate. Battery is a bit better but heat issue persists.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:57 AM
    Check what is using the CPU. I bet some apps are busy synching stuff.
    BBM is a candidate especially if you keep a large chat history.

FWIW

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-23-15 06:02 AM
    Hello everybody,
    I'm having the same identical issue. Before update I was able to cover two working days (from7 AM to 10 PM). I am not using many apps nor telephone calls. Mostly emails and calendar.
    After the update my passport burns the battery from morning to afternoon (about 10 hours). Main battery usage come from PIM services. See attachments.
    Very strange (and disappointing) for a firmware that was supposed to improve battery life.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Ugo.
    Heat and battery drainage issue in BlackBerry passport.-img_20150223_131943.png
    Heat and battery drainage issue in BlackBerry passport.-img_20150223_132230.png
    Heat and battery drainage issue in BlackBerry passport.-img_20150223_132213.png
    Heat and battery drainage issue in BlackBerry passport.-img_20150223_132159.png

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:23 AM
    I'd like to add that I did the update last Friday, so it had plenty of time to settle.
    Furthermore I noticed it takes far longer to send messages and addresses lookup in the email composition screen, takes too long and sometimes fail to find addresses that are there.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:33 AM
    I have noticed the same thing on mine. I thought I was going crazy. I have yet to do the multiple reboots but though I would share what I have noticed in my passport.
    For the first couple of days after the update the android player was using a lot of the system when it came to memory. I ended up having to remove a couple of apps that looked to be having a memory leak in them

Here is some of the graphs from my system

Heat and battery drainage issue in BlackBerry passport.-img_20150223_175354.png

Heat and battery drainage issue in BlackBerry passport.-img_20150223_175545.png

Heat and battery drainage issue in BlackBerry passport.-img_20150223_175700.png

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:57 PM
    Hi - I'm glad I found this topic, as my situation is almost exactly the same as being reported here. I am not going to post pics as I am sure they look just like the ones these users have been posting. At first, I thought it had something to do with my pebble watch and the talk2watchpro app after the updates, because it did cause my pebble battery to die on the vine (as has been discussed in another forum/question post). I ended up stopping the use of my pebble with my Passport at all, going with an android device instead. It didn't help. I went through app permissions one by one and turned off almost every "run while minimized" switch, still nothing. I would really like to get back to my almost two full days like Ugo Ferrari indicated. Do you think "magnify mode" being on could cause this? I hope not. Would doing a backup and factory reset do the trick? I hate doing those, but..... Thanks for any help.
    02-23-15 07:36 PM
    Heat issue still persists after couple of restarts. Battery is a bit better maybe because I I use only One android app. Still its not like before. Seems a real issue. Any advice will be really appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:00 AM
    Same here with heat and battery issue. For some reason I have had to start from scratch and wipe the device and reinstall everything manually for these issues to stop with previous devices Z10 and Z30. For some reason the BlackBerry backup using Link is flawed in some way.

I don't have time to do this anymore. Most of my contacts not all were for some reason lost during the OTA install. It's incredibly annoying. I have noticed less available memory since upgrade and am wondering why a Z10 with less memory works better than my Passport with more available memory?

Posted via CB10 BlackBerry Passport!
    02-24-15 05:23 AM
    The CPU usage posted above for the System, PIM and BB Travel are uncharacteristically high. I would personally wipe my device and start over as it seems something is definitely not right.
    02-24-15 05:36 AM
    I know that's the answer but why should we have to do that? Link is suppose to restore your information. However, any and all of my backups have had issues. I have spent countless days doing this over the years. It's a known issue BlackBerry has failed to resolve. Device Switch doesn't even work properly. Don't get me wrong when I wipe and take my time the phone is a beast without issue. But I worked so hard to get it that way to save a backup of what I believe is fresh only to be faced with this issue over and over again.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:03 AM
    This is also my concern and maybe someone here can help me understanding it better: if I wipe my BB and then I restore the backup made before don't I just restore also all the issues and so I'll have the same problems? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:16 AM
    Maybe a bug? I totally wiped out my device after the update. Afterwards I had extremely low battery usage (two days ago). Today PIM Servics again started draining on my battery.
    I've three Microsoft ActiveSync accounts on my phone. I supposed they trigger this battery usage. I will try wheter changing sync settings from push to 30min (or something changes anything).

So my conclusion.
    • Hard reset did NOT work.
    • BUG?
    • Maybe it is ActiveSyncs fault - but! Same settings worked before the update!
    02-24-15 06:37 AM
    Back in the android days there's a saying : anyone who restores from a backup after flashing is looking for trouble.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:10 AM
    Ok every morning I am waking up with the device super warm. It has been having system cpu spikes.

Never happened prior to the update. I have hard reset several times last few days which is a temporary fix

Any suggestions?

Heat and battery drainage issue in BlackBerry passport.-img_20150225_070826.png

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:15 AM
    Dear All,
    Although I haven't found a definitive solution yet, I'd like to share with you an update about my findings of these days.
    After the issue I originally had I started a multitude of tests using an "old" Z10 I had available.
    In short, I feared that my lost of emails (sync timeframe forever), lot of contacts (nearly 4k) and lot of folders (about 800 all syced), or a mix of the three, could have had an influence in my poor battery performance.
    What I found is that lot of email and lot of contacts have no noticeable impact, but lot of folders literally kills the battery.
    I started then to delete unused folders: my filing method is based on the idea of having a folder per every customer I manage with the downturn of having a lot of folders that are empty since some customers are no longer active or didn't developed as expected. I know that having a lot of empty folders is not that clever, said that, I wouldn't have expected that in 2015 managing empty folders would have been such a difficult task for a modern device.
    Now I dropped my folders number down to about 400: battery life is improved, but still is not as good as now I know it can be.
    Does someone had a similar experience? Does someone know how many folders can be considered "manageable" for BB10?
    Thanks
    02-28-15 09:39 AM
    No one had this problem too?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:43 PM