Suddenly the headphone jack for my BlackBerry passport is not working. It just happened all of a sudden, does anyone know what's going on? Is this the first time anyone has reported this?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:56 AM
    Have you tried a different set of headphones? Perhaps you have some lint or gunk in the actual jack preventing it from working properly?
    I use mine for about 2 hours daily, and yet to have any issues.
    xpandedreality likes this.
    03-03-15 06:06 AM
    Sorry to hear about non working jack. My headphones has been working and works now, but the jack has not let the headphones in all the way. So, if I just pull a little on the cord, the sound goes silent. Has been like this from day one. The phone box I got had been opened before, but bought it as new.

Returning my Passport today and have been promised a new one.
    03-03-15 09:31 AM
    I previously had issues with my headphones not working on my passport, but it turned out to be a software issue.

Headphones started working after I powered the device off completely, then booted back up again.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport or Classic.
    chiehfang likes this.
    03-03-15 09:47 AM
    Suddenly the headphone jack for my BlackBerry passport is not working. It just happened all of a sudden, does anyone know what's going on? Is this the first time anyone has reported this?

Posted via CB10
    Try using your BlackBerry Virtual Expert (BBVE) app and run the 'Audio Tests.' There are a total of 9 audio tests and some of them are related to headphones such as: 'Headset Plug,' 'Headset Unplug,' and 'Stereo Headset Audio.' Running these tests might help you determine what the source of the problem is (e.g. the headset plug, the headphones, software).
    03-04-15 05:21 AM
    I have the same problem. The music just go on and off while I walk and I have to adjust the cord to the right angle every time I place it down, very annoying. Hopefully it's just software.
    03-17-15 08:11 PM
    Hoping to revive this thread to get some help. I have no issues with using my headphone jack for playback, however, when I plug in the phones now it causes the phone to reset every time.

I have a very sensitive power button where resetting occurs easily so I believe they are related to each other. I can't tell if it is a hardware issue or software because when I bought the phone it was working properly. I'm currently on.2582 (autoloaded), but it started after I blitzed .2267. Does anyone else have or seen this happen on their phone?

Back on that Z30
    Last edited by ediggity; 03-23-15 at 08:04 AM.
    tommo7788 likes this.
    03-23-15 03:25 AM
    Is anyone experiencing problems?

Backed up my files, reset OS, and still nothing to my avail. Sorta weird since It worked fine for the past 5 months, and up until yesterday is when it started to not work anymore. Tried two different earphones on my computer, and leap and they work perfectly fine. Whenever I plug it into the Passport SE, it doesn't recognize the earphone unless I wiggle the connection. Reeboots don't work obviously a reset neither. Maybe hardware after all?
    04-26-16 10:29 AM
    Make sure there. Is nothing inside the jack.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:02 PM
    I have had issues with mine. I thought it was a physical hardware issue but now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's like the double typing issue. That was fixed with a software update and related to a physical mechanism of the smartphone.

My jack is having a harder time recognizing when a headphone is plugged in. It stopped working loud enough when I try to output to a speaker a long time ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:32 PM