HI All,

I have a Verizon Z30 and its a great phone. I am getting tired of typing on a slab of glass and want to look at the Passport.the Silver Edition.

Has anyone made this jump and what are your thoughts making the move and I have normal size hands so is it possible to type one handed on the Passport or is it a two hander typing machine?

Anything else I should know it seems to be a bad AS S maching the Passport.

Thanks

Curtis
    08-07-15 12:35 PM
    I was in your situation but with my nexus 6 on verizon. Was always scared to leave but I found atts go phone plan perfect for me. 4gigs of lte data and unlimited 3g data with unlimited talk and text for 60 a month. Bought a red passport and I love it. Can't even tell a difference in the network. I do wish it had closer to 6 gigs of data but I've managed to change my habits and do more things while on WiFi to not use all of it within the first two weeks.

I was happy with verizon and I had a very good plan since 2 lines were out of contract so I got 25 off each of those lines but the reason I switched was because I really wanted the passport and I change phones a lot and with Verizon I'm limited. Also my nexus 6 works on att just as well so it was a no brainer to bring it over while I waited for my red passport. Love that phone as much as my passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:21 PM
    How is the typing experience on the Passport verses the all glass like my Z30?
    Thats a great phone plan where did you find that at?
    08-07-15 01:28 PM
    Any att store should be able to provide you with details. But the typing experience isn't really easier but more of a satisfying feeling. Like the feedback from the keyboard makes you want to just keep rambling on your sentences just to be able to use the kb more. You really must try one!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 11:15 PM
    The typing experience on the Passport isn't awesome. But it is good. It does feel better because you feel the buttons and you hear the sounds and receive the feed back from the keys. The software is the best experience I have ever had in any phones and I've tried IOS Android but not Windows. The battery is god-like. 3450 mAh. The feel of the phones makes you feel like a king. Makes you feel important and luxurious. Swift. But like I said the keyboard is alright. If you need an awesome top of the line keyboard I say go for the Classic. That's if you want a fast and fluent and just simply awesome keyboard. Either way, no one else makes keyboards on phones but BlackBerry. Good thing for us, they're the best at it.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 11:29 PM
    I tried one a few months back and it felt good and I bought one off ebay yesterday that the owner had since march and said it has been flawless and its unlocked and a ATT so it has wireless charging which I wanted since my Verizon Z30 has it.

Im jazzed
    08-08-15 08:18 AM
    I had the Z30 on Verizon, switched to the Red PP and loved it, but now I have SE and typing is 100% more fun because the keyboard is so smooth to type, on my red I used to push harder to type, and overall the SE is a better phone, i never miss my Z30.
    08-08-15 10:39 AM
    im looking forward to getting it
    08-08-15 12:18 PM
    Have Verizon Z30 Really want a Physical Keyboard again-galaxy-s6-edge-cover.jpg

Via BlackBerry Passport
    08-08-15 01:22 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galaxy-s6-edge+-cover.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	365861

Via BlackBerry Passport
    no thanks im a BlackBerry person and always will be
    08-08-15 05:54 PM
    My big issues with the PP keyboard are the odd keyboard configuration (took me about six months to get used to -- and still mistype) and the firmness of the keys. It sounds like the Silver Edition took care of the firmness of the keys which is now a bigger deal for me than the layout. It also has a larger "chin" which should help holding it while typing.
    08-08-15 06:00 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galaxy-s6-edge+-cover.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	365861

Via BlackBerry Passport
    So Samsung has gone back into the vaults to rip off the Palm Treo?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:58 AM
    Im loving my Passport and its a great phone
    08-17-15 06:38 AM
    I made the jump to the original Passport from a Z10 without too much trouble, so the SE should be less of a change coming from the Z30. A little hard to type one handed, but still possible even though my hands are small (I wear M gloves at the best). No big problems getting used to the keyboard, maybe because I used to type blindly on the Z10 and rely on the amazing autocorrect.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    08-17-15 07:09 AM
    So Samsung has gone back into the vaults to rip off the Palm Treo?

Posted via CB10
    Was thinking the same thing. Looks like a larger version of the Centro. I had one of those back in the day. Wasn't half bad.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    08-17-15 07:34 AM
    Any att store should be able to provide you with details. But the typing experience isn't really easier but more of a satisfying feeling. Like the feedback from the keyboard makes you want to just keep rambling on your sentences just to be able to use the kb more. You really must try one!

Posted via CB10

You'd be surprised how many AT&T retail associates
    are uneducated regarding BB Passports specs.
    They'll inform you the BBP is available online and
    That's where the cookie crumbles.

08-17-15 08:23 AM
    I had BlackBerry Z30 but I really missed HW keyboard and thatswhy I bought new Q10. Since I made this change I am again very satisfied. Now I am thinking about passport

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 08:54 AM